Identify the anime thread

POLL

• Total voters
I made this request a while ago:

Greetings! I'm trying to identify an anime by a *secondary character*, so I don't know if that's going to make it all the harder. Unfortunately, my memory of it is almost completely obliterated, other than by the fact the character was someone that I absolutely *idolized*.
It would have been in the '90s or early '00s (think 'VHS').
It was an OAV.
It was based off a manga (I only remember that because of looking up the character)
The secondary character was an enormously tall and broad female sumo, who was the bodyguard of the main character.
I remember facial tattoos, or facial markings, but I won't 100% say my memory's accurate there. Likewise, I'm almost sure she had dark hair, but not 100% sure.
She had a surprisingly positive portrayal as a 'sensitive woman' rather than a 'living fat joke'. She was also potrayed as extremely strong (she was a bodyguard after all!). Back in those days, that was so incredibly rare that it cemented her in my head.
I feel like the main character was male. And.... aside from that (and the fact there were other characters but I couldn't tell you anything about them) I can't remember *anything*.

While watching AMV Hell 3, I happened to see what I think was the character I'm talking about. She's at 41:15-41:32.
I tried to look up the credits, but they are done in order of editor and not in order of what sound bit/anime appears in the AMVs. And as I don't recognize the song, I can't simply look it up by that.
Does that help with, hopefully, identifying? (Or at the very least, am I just straight up getting wires crossed in the characters I'm remembering).

EDIT: I found the AMV Hell website's credits list spreadsheet, which *does* list them in order of appearance! It's Crying Freeman (Bayasan).

Last edited:
This is probably a long shot. I was going through a sketch book of mine from high school and found this drawing I did of some anime character. Any chance anyone could help me remember what it's from? XD

If it helps I was a senior in 2006.
IMG_20200720_231504.jpg

Last edited:
So I stumbled upon an anime some time ago, help me find it.
its the first episode
plot:
Earth is covered in sand. A city sails across the earth. They found an abandoned island. Characters use magic to sail small boats on the sand otherwise they can't make their small boats float. They explore the island, one of them found a Human on the island. When he approached her she attacked him with magic but she was weak. He decided to take her with him but not to tell others about the attack.

I watched the first episode when Deca-dence got release.

P.S
Not a native English speaker

Ive wath an anime where a highschool guy learns he has powers. He can also add more abilities or powers at the cast of his life force. If he does it to much he will die. This world is full of people with specific powers. I remember specifically that there was a girl who had the power to kill anything just by touching it. The guy adapt his powers so he is amune to this effect and the girl loves him for that. The girl had black or purple hair and always wore elbow length gloves. Theres also this girl who randomly shows up at night at his house a few times. The girl is a god who tries to find the best rout for the world. She also saves the main character who experienced a car crash at a younge age which injured him and killed his parents. The girl puts him in or near a tree that seeps a blue energy. Every time the main characters dies he is sent to a scape with the god girl. She approaches the girl and she instantly kills him sending him back to his world so he could retry. He retains the memerios from past dimension or mirrors of his world where he mad a bad dicision. At some point they get and ending where the world is destroyed by the giant tree that gave him his powers of adaption. He tries differents routs of romantic interest and life dicision trying to find a good ending. All of them fail leaving him one more route the god girl. The god girls mute in the god scape. Together they find the best rout and complete sone circiut thing. This time the anime has a completely different tone. The main character acts different too using only the power of bending his own blood. Also instead of being put in the tree of power he lives is origanal life in his original time. He joins an organization for people with power keeping his power of adaption a secret. They eventually have to fight a dinosour that eats most of his crew and he fights the dino forcing him to use his power of adaption. That most of what I can remember.

Ive wath an anime where a highschool guy learns he has powers. He can also add more abilities or powers at the cast of his life force. If he does it to much he will die. This world is full of people with specific powers. I remember specifically that there was a girl who had the power to kill anything just by touching it. The guy adapt his powers so he is amune to this effect and the girl loves him for that. The girl had black or purple hair and always wore elbow length gloves. Theres also this girl who randomly shows up at night at his house a few times. The girl is a god who tries to find the best rout for the world. She also saves the main character who experienced a car crash at a younge age which injured him and killed his parents. The girl puts him in or near a tree that seeps a blue energy. Every time the main characters dies he is sent to a scape with the god girl. She approaches the girl and she instantly kills him sending him back to his world so he could retry. He retains the memerios from past dimension or mirrors of his world where he mad a bad dicision. At some point they get and ending where the world is destroyed by the giant tree that gave him his powers of adaption. He tries differents routs of romantic interest and life dicision trying to find a good ending. All of them fail leaving him one more route the god girl. The god girls mute in the god scape. Together they find the best rout and complete sone circiut thing. This time the anime has a completely different tone. The main character acts different too using only the power of bending his own blood. Also instead of being put in the tree of power he lives is origanal life in his original time. He joins an organization for people with power keeping his power of adaption a secret. They eventually have to fight a dinosour that eats most of his crew and he fights the dino forcing him to use his power of adaption. That most of what I can remember.

A very wild guess:

https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/the-law-of-ueki

So when I was younger I watched this one anime but I don’t remember the name of it.

All I remember is one scene

The world was like abandoned and there were this boy and girl, they were in a boat going down a river in like a city under a small stone bridge, it was really bright and colorful and on either side it was like all over grown with lush green plants

Sadly I don’t remember what the characters look like at all.

So when I was younger I watched this one anime but I don’t remember the name of it.

The world was like abandoned and there were this boy and girl, they were in a boat going down a river in like a city under a small stone bridge, it was really bright and colorful and on either side it was like all over grown with lush green plants

can you give us an approximate time-frame for its airing? it may help narrow down the list...

Could it be: "Children Who Chase Lost Voices"? It's an anime movie.

That’s not it unfortunately
darn! then next thing you may try is to use the search function of this site by tags: #post-apocalyptic seems fitting for the scenario you described and by browsing all titles listed there, you may see images that "click" with your memory. Give it as try, it's a bit slow but has worked in many other cases

Going on some ideas, here are some anime that might be close:
https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/gargantia-on-the-verdurous-planet
https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/tide-line-blue

Back