ID:INVADED

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Zed, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

Posted by Zed on Jul 3, 2019
  2. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

3. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Jul 4, 2019
    I was cautiously hyped but am more hyped if it's prime edge.

howtoprocrastinate likes this.
  4. Damias

Damias Database Moderator

Posted by Damias on Aug 13, 2019
    Watch trailer here:

5. Ebonyslayer

Ebonyslayer Well-Known Member

Its giving me GITS vibes, but its interesting how Kodama, the author of Blood Lad, is doing character design. I'd like to say I'm hyped, but I think I'll play the cautious game for now.

6. RascaI

RascaI Well-Known Member

Posted by RascaI on Jan 2, 2020
    I-II

This one is actually really interesting. Surreal aesthetic to the whole "well" idea, which I really dig. Some good music and really nice character design going on, as well as the animation... good god, it's actually real nice.

The story is good too. I would have preferred if this were paced more spread apart, so that we spent more of the whole first episode in this weird world before we discovered what it is. But that's a minor criticism. Really, they only tell us what we need to know, which is nice, and the delivery is adequate I suppose.

What really got me in this episode was for one, the abstract representation of how serial killers see the world. That's one majorly cool thing that the detective figured out, I guess he really is nutty. But all that was just... really cool. Also, the sacrifice of that girl was just crazy. Really admirable too. But it's a shame.

Our main character is much more interesting than he seems when in the well too. "killing intent particles" is a little farfetched, but you know what, if it's the premise I guess I'll buy it. Minority Report with extra steps.

This is like a less edgy and more out-there psycho-pass. I'm liking it.

MistLiigh, prico211, Gens and 2 others like this.
  7. niotabunny

niotabunny Well-Known Member

I was able to get a special surprise with this one. Hulu/Funimation had a 24 hour early viewing of the first two episodes in a roughly one hour special. had no clue what I was walking into, however I feel bad from the beginning with the main character. I like the idea of the well theory of using it to solve crimes in a Sherlock Homes style of solving crimes. granted, the ideas that mingle with the well, including how it must be solved, is something only a broken mind could do by default. can't wait for the official drop from the first two alone I got hooked.

howtoprocrastinate and RascaI like this.
  8. Zaikahal

Zaikahal New Member

Seems to be the most promising anime of the year so far. Of course, the year has just started.

9. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

I'm only a couple of minutes into the first episode, but I just had to drop by to say that the Perforator is one of the lamest serial killer names I've heard. Twelve minutes in and this is pretty good though. The visuals are interesting and while there's a lot of exposition to explain the premise it's engaging so far. It's one of the science fiction shows that can't really explain itself without exposition because it's based in concepts that don't exist in the real world. I find the idea interesting though. @Turky might be right though. It might have been a little more interesting to just spend most of the episode in the well before explaining what is going on. The guy figuring out about the fragmented world was interesting enough on it's own. I suppose it was done this way to break up the exposition a bit though.

10. RascaI

RascaI Well-Known Member

Posted by RascaI on Jan 4, 2020
    I guess I'm glad they did bother to explain things this time, since otherwise it would have seemed too crazy. I would be perfectly satisfied with the same level of explanation in something like Madoka. Since it has similar dimension-changing settings.

I was super surprised about how it started, most anime don't bother to make such a good, intriguing first impression, even the good ones. I only started this because the character designs looked pretty unique, wasn't expecting some artsy stuff.

MistLiigh, Ebonyslayer, Gens and 2 others like this.
  11. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Episode 1-2:

This show is the tits. Finally a good detective show in a science fiction setting. It's a little Minority Report, a little Psycho-Pass with a dash of Silence of the Lambs thrown in. I like how they don't just trust what they're getting from the wells. They have to interpret the data and do some actual investigation work to figure out the meaning behind everything. The guy going into the well is an interesting figure. I do wish he were a little more Hannibal rather than a guy with a tragic backstory, but he's more like a mix of Hannibal and Will Graham. I suppose the real Hannibal of the show is going to be the phantom John Walker.

The worlds of the well are visually inventive and a good way of showing the landscape the various psychopaths occupy.

This one gets my seal of approval.

12. ivoryline

ivoryline Member

This was just an ugly mess of a show. The animation is godawful and the story seems super silly. Hard pass after that long premiere. They really spell it out for the viewer to make any sense of what's going on.

MistLiigh, mdchan and EternalYumeLove like this.
  13. StarsMine

StarsMine Database Moderator

Really, I thought it had the perfect amount of exposition. Left you plenty to figure out on your own.

14. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Jan 4, 2020
    This seems to be Ei Aoki's MO honestly. Re:Creators was the same way basically with it's high concept meta narrative shit.

-----
    Also goddamn, this was pretty awesome and intriguing. A good detective/mystery anime? I must be dreaming or something. I'm always so fascinated with serial killers mindsets, always having some kind of methodology to their killings and it's these very patterns that inevitably get them caught.
    Also not gonna lie, I can't think of anything that makes me queasier than seeing someone get a hole drilled in their head. It actually reminds me of one of my favourite mangas, Homunculus.

I really think @Franconator should get in on this.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  15. RascaI

RascaI Well-Known Member

Posted by RascaI on Jan 4, 2020
    Me recommending a show in DAT and everyone liking it?
    [​IMG]

This is already the best season ever

16. apoc9

apoc9 Member

Posted by apoc9 on Jan 6, 2020
    Honestly a huge disappointment. I've expected some virtual reality/hacking or something interesting more experimental. Instead this is at the core just police drama/mystery. It feels more akin to minority report with broken elements from Psychopass. It hints on possible some inspiration from The Silence of The lambs.

mdchan, prico211 and EternalYumeLove like this.
  17. mdchan

mdchan Well-Known Member

Posted by mdchan on Jan 6, 2020
    Criminal Minds meets Silence of the Lambs and Psycho Pass, with elements from the game AI: Somnium Files?

I'm rapidly losing my tolerance and patience for anime which decide to just drop the viewer into the middle of everything in the first episode, and purposely withhold information bout the lore of their world/how their world works in order to make the viewer confused enough to keep watching (so as to find out what's going on).
    I call it the "WTF page-turner", and it's really getting on my nerves.

They started to drop names left and right as if the viewer is supposed to know who the heck they are (as the characters in the anime obviously do, but nobody thought to tell us). I had to double-check what episode I was on because it felt like I had walked into the mid-way point (or more of the three-quarters point) of an episode of Criminal Minds (only with sci-fi elements).

Franconator and EternalYumeLove like this.
  18. MistLiigh

MistLiigh Well-Known Member

Episodes 1+2:

Hmmm... ngl, still not sure what to think here. There were things I liked and things I wasn't crazy about, and I'm not sure yet which way it's swinging. Seems like it might be a love-it-or-hate-it kind of show based on reactions so far, and for some reason I seem to have a weird tendency to fall into the itty-bitty middle-ground when that's the case... Idk, I suppose time shall tell.

Ebonyslayer and RascaI like this.
  19. StarsMine

StarsMine Database Moderator

In Medias Res?

20. EternalYumeLove

EternalYumeLove Well-Known Member

Episode 1& 2:

It was interesting in the first 10 minutes... a strange boy with a chopped up body sees a murdered girl next door. He doesn't remember his name... only remembers the name of the murdered girl. But, then the pacing along with the additional characters just made me lose interest. I'll probably drop it later.