I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying Thread 2

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Naga, Apr 1, 2015.

1. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Episode 3.
    ...Who keeps a bowling ball in a cupboard?

2. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Episode 3:

Pretty weak episodes. There's a lot of jokes to be made about his hobby spilling all over their apartment where she'd be forced to confront it, but instead they throw that out the window to go bowling.

3. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Apr 16, 2015
    It's used as a weight on a lid. Presumably something is in the jar that needs it....
    Like home made sake or something? Maybe she's fermenting something else?

4. commonxreaction

commonxreaction Well-Known Member

Pretty much sums up my feelings. Although I'm not a big fan of bowling as it is.

5. randomredneck

Episode 3.
    That
    hymen joke
    caught me off guard. Had me laughing my ass of for 10 seconds.

6. Ailly

Ailly Well-Known Member

Posted by Ailly on Apr 24, 2015
    ^ Made me pause for a second as well. It was so casual xD

And <3 that Free! reference in the title.

7. ZetsubouKaiji

This season seems to be more random in its focus than last season. I like the show better when it does focus on the main couple and their relationship. There hasn't been as much of that this season. However, this episode did at least focus on some otaku stuff even if Kaori is the one that instigated the job as a manga assistant.

8. commonxreaction

Episode 4

I felt like this episode was better than the last one at least. I liked the Tokyo Ghoul mention.
    Still, this season is weaker in general compared to Season 1.

9. tootalls

tootalls Well-Known Member

agrees with weak season sentiments. I haven't thought deeply about it but I know for sure I enjoyed the 1st season, but have been bored in this one so far.

my lil bro kind of ruined it for me, he was pointing out the crappy animation.......even noticed that they had conversations while looking away from the screen to save animating lip flaps. And pointed out the best looking thing was the fan spinning at the end and of course it was because it's a recurring clip.......

now all I can find myself doing is nit picking the animation............the bowling looked like old 3 frame handheld game.......................

10. randomredneck

Episode 5.
    Meh.

11. randomredneck

Episode 6.
    Both adorable and hilarious. Big step up from that disappointing episode 5.

12. ZetsubouKaiji

Episode 6:

Oh look another wacky mismatched couple like every single other couple on this show.
    The joke about him actually working in a sushi bar was the only thing that struck me as funny this episode.

13. FireWalker

FireWalker Active Member

ep6 - I also thought this was a big step up from last week.
    Also, "marital mismatches" is the defining theme for the series - it's right there in the title - so I don't think it's something to complain about.

I got a few laughs, especially
    "You seem easy to pick up" - I guess the idioms translate to Japanese? It felt like the same double meaning I heard in translation was intended in the original.

I was disappointed he didn't reach over to wipe her face with a napkin when she had omelette rice grains left from her meal - her reaction would have been priceless.

14. Zaig

Zaig Well-Known Member

Posted by Zaig on May 7, 2015
    Episode 6

Quick! Give these two their own spinoff!

15. tootalls

I can't say I find anything funny but I like it anyways,

the cuteness level of Rino is almost on par with Kaoru, her voice and speech pattern is adorable. I've always enjoyed the cuteness element more than the comedy anyways............

and I second the spin off notion, these two have potential to equal the main relationship or even best it......

16. ZetsubouKaiji

The problem is less about another wacky couple being featured and more with there are so many now that they start to blend together. The cast has gotten too large for these short episodes and I feel like everyone blends together.

17. tootalls

yeah, it was cohesive 1st season, this season doesn't really care about making you feel anything. theres no progress and anything you see you may as well forget........

as for me, just accepting the cuteness and moving along

18. commonxreaction

At this point, it's probably safe to assume there is no salvaging this season.
    Either way, I agree that this episode was certainly a step up from last weeks.

19. randomredneck

Episode 7.
    Meh.

Also, she apparently makes 29 grand a year.

20. commonxreaction

This episode wasn't bad, especially compared to some of the previous ones.
    I chuckled at the part where he said he was easy.