How to watch anime on Anime-Planet

Discussion in 'Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Site Questions' started by sothis, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Dec 19, 2016
    Anime-Planet offers thousands of episodes you can watch for free here on the site. This thread explains how to find these episodes and commonly asked questions.

What videos are available to watch?

All episodes available on Anime-Planet are legal and industry-supported through our partnerships with Crunchyroll, Hulu and Viki. We also have plenty of official videos from Youtube such as anime music videos, Vocaloid content, and animator shorts. Availability depends on what our partners have licensed and what's currently available for your country.

USA users have access to the majority of our catalog (over 50,000 episodes), with other countries having different levels of access. Visit the watch online page to see which series are available in your country. If you see it there, it's available to watch.

If videos are available in your country, you'll also see the videos on an anime's information page. Videos display underneath the synopsis, similar to this:

[​IMG]

Other ways to find videos on the site

We have 'watch online' filters set up in a few places on the site.

Recommendations

When viewing an anime's recommendations page, you can click the 'watch online' button to only show recommendations that we also have to watch on our site (based on your country).

For example, on the Sword Art Online recommendations page:

[​IMG]

Season charts

There's a 'watch online' button on the top of season chart pages.

[​IMG]

The full "browse all anime" page

On the browse all anime page, you can filter by many things such as including or excluding multiple tags, year ranges, average rating ranges, and more.

Click the "Other" tab, then click "Watch Online". You can add any other filters you want, then click "Apply filters" to see the full list.

[​IMG]

Do you have dubbed episodes?

We do! The easiest way to find dubbed episodes is to use the dubbed filter on the watch online page. Most of our dubbed content is through Hulu only (and thus are USA only).

Can I watch Anime-Planet episodes on my game console or Crunchyroll app?

Episodes are only available through anime-planet.com at this time.

I'm getting a Flash error on my tablet or phone. How do I watch episodes on these devices?

Unfortunately it's not possible to watch episodes on these devices because of partner dependencies. As their video players evolve we hope to offer support on these devices.

I can't find episodes for [this anime], how do I find it?

See the beginning of this thread! Availability depends on what our partners have licensed, and changes from week to week. Check out the watch anime online page to see what we currently have.

There are too many ads in the video players!

Videos on Anime-Planet are available through our partners in the anime industry. We do not control the video players that we're given to use here on the site, and partners control the advertisements that appear in their players.

If you are a premium Crunchyroll member, and if you're logged in on Crunchyroll.com, you won't see ads in those episodes here either (see below section).

What is a "premium account"?

One of our video partners, Crunchyroll, has two account levels: free, and premium. If you see a small crown image on top of the video thumbnail, it's a premium-only episode.

To watch these videos, you need a premium account on Crunchyroll. If you sign up for a free trial, it supports Anime-Planet as well if you use this link.

Premium Crunchyroll members don't have to watch ads, so if you have or get a premium account, make sure to go to Crunchyroll.com and log in on their site. Once you're logged in on Crunchyroll's site, you won't see ads in Crunchyroll videos here on Anime-Planet either.

fruitycherri, KittyKat12 and Hyper88 like this.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  2. LimeVoddy

LimeVoddy New Member

how do I watch anime movies?? there's nothing to click to watch them...

3. sothis

Posted by sothis on Jul 17, 2017
    Check out the first section in the first post, it explains availability and why we have or don't have certain titles. The first post also explains how to find what's available in your region, etc.

fruitycherri and natex28 like this.
  4. RussianGhouls

RussianGhouls New Member

So if the anime you trying to watch is not the Watch online page, that means it is unavailable in my country?

YesHomo likes this.
  5. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

It's either that or it just wasn't licensed

Kasis and CaptainSlow like this.
  6. 099

099 New Member

Posted by 099 on Aug 12, 2017
    what how i dont understand

Gigi1234554321, Spraypaint and Kasis like this.
  7. Kari5

Kari5 Database Moderator

Posted by Kari5 on Aug 12, 2017
    What part? It's explained in great detail.

Sanketsable and Kasis like this.
  8. tube123

tube123 New Member

I'm new here. So can anyone tell me how to watch online anime.
    I've searched my anime but I can't find it's episodes.
    Can anyone help me???????

9. tube123

tube123 New Member

[​IMG]
    I'm stuck here

Mamigogo likes this.
  10. sothis

Read the first post please

Kasis likes this.
  11. Tim48569

Tim48569 New Member

Tried to start Hulu on my smart TV and I get a message that says "Hulu is unable to start. Please try again later. Sorry for the inconvenience." Turned the TV off and back on, tried again, same message. Netflix is fine so it's not my internet connection etc. How can I fix it?

fruitycherri likes this.
  12. sothis

Posted by sothis on Sep 7, 2017
    We are not Hulu so we can't help with customer support for them. The Hulu partnership videos we do have, you can watch directly on Anime-Planet.com

13. Shaggyfrost

Shaggyfrost New Member

Why can't I watch anime it won't even let me hit play it only lets me hit play on ads

FaerieHale and Oblithian like this.
  14. Shaggyfrost

Shaggyfrost New Member

It won't play anything

15. artisticorn

artisticorn New Member

Same!!!! I don't get it.

16. Kari5

Kari5 Database Moderator

Posted by Kari5 on Oct 16, 2017
    Did you read the first post carefully? It explains clearly which series are available to watch and how to watch them.

fruitycherri likes this.
  17. LinLinLin

LinLinLin New Member

It doesn’t show the episodes

18. sothis

I'm locking this thread because literally no one seems to be actually reading the first post.

Seriously, guys

RenDyo, Yuol, gabyg83 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.