How to Keep a Mummy

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by chii, Nov 6, 2017.

1. chii

chii Well-Known Member

Posted by chii on Nov 6, 2017
  2. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Episode 1:

Well fuck me, this was the cutest fuckin' thing I've seen in ages. The mummy is so goddamn adorable I wanted to cuddle it for most of the episode. There's not much to this show's premise, but if they're going to be meeting cute versions of mythical creatures then I'm totally down with this.

3. Tents

Tents Forum Moderator

Posted by Tents on Jan 11, 2018
    Episode 1

Oh my gah, so adorable. My heart melted every time Mii-kun did something cute as hell.

Please please please be adorable like this for the rest of the show. My biggest concern is that this could get repetitive but right now I am so glad I coaxed ZK into watching it. This episode made me happy.

666NOTsatan, Gens, Zed60K and 2 others like this.
  4. ZetsubouKaiji

I am seriously going to need a pint sized Dracula from this show at some point.

From the OP it looks like most of the other mythical creatures they're going to meet are youkai, which should be fun if they're all cute and interact well with Mii-kun.

5. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Jan 11, 2018
    Episode 1

It was basically cute and that's about it. Entertaining and Cute. Basically what You'd expect from a comedy driven show with cuteness appeal.

Zed60K, ZetsubouKaiji and TurkeyGami like this.
  6. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Oh, come on. It can't be that-
    [​IMG]
    ...AHHHHHHHHHHH! HE'S SO ADORABLE!

...I mean, whatever. I'll watch it.

7. TurkeyGami

TurkeyGami Well-Known Member

One for the mummy:

Reminds me of like a popper's penguins thing. Which is acceptable, I just hope it doesn't go from cute to stupid later.

I mean not that it's not already stupid. My biggest concern is, what exactly the fuck was mummified to make this little bastard? I don't want to say fetus but maybe a fetus.

I don't want to think about anymore so I'm going to guess it's some kind of small cat :D

A small dead cat.

Well I've ruined this for myself.

Anyways it's good and slow. The sfx is what really is selling the cuteness.

Really, everything in this show is cute. People and dog included. It's pretty aesthetically pleasing in a mellow sort of way. The lines are all very soft and the animation is subtle.

It barked? A small dog?

It doesn't have a mouth. Yet it is eating.

Is it just assimilating the food into its being through its "face"? What kind of mutant...

I'm kinda with Touka's less emo brother over here, what the heck is wrapped in there. We're never going to find out are we.
    That was decent as heck

Edit: I'VE POSTED TOO SOON.

There's adorable dancing in the ending. That's an automatic +1 point.

Gens, Zed60K and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
  8. Zed60K

Zed60K Database Moderator

Posted by Zed60K on Jan 12, 2018
    this was so damned adorable, i want my own Mii-kun doll to cuddle...
    Kawaii/10

i also love the bgm

Gens, TurkeyGami and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
  9. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Jan 13, 2018
    Well, I certainly don't regret picking this up. Man, I don't even give a fucking shit, if this is all there is, THE ADORBNESS IS MELTING MY FACE. I'd consider getting my own Mii-plushie.......they better sell those sometime.

This made up for the previous frustration and grumpiness I was feeling earlier today. I'm also strongly considering picking up the Antarctica show as well, but I think I'll give that one another ep, and see where people sit with it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  10. josouseme

josouseme New Member

I saw it on Crunchyroll's facebook and now this is my favorite anime in the history of anime.

hatandgoggles and TurkeyGami like this.
  11. TurkeyGami

Understandable, this is like the evangelion of mummy anime

12. TurkeyGami

Why's he dry?! What the fuck's going on around here. He better figure out what's up before it dries out again or i'm going to call mummy PETA.

Fantastic, now he has a tiny shank. He's going to murder you in your tiny sleep. You mad fool.

HOLY SHIT

Most badass mummy owner of all time. Not even mad that he hit the wall, he saved the entire show just now with his face.

MAYBE HES DRYING UP BECAUSE HES CRYING WHEN HE'S AWAY.

HE BETTER NOT EVER LEAVE HIS FUCKING HOUSE EVER AGAIN.

What a champion of the people our MC is. I agree with mummy.

I bet the paper reminds him of his parents, who were mummified with actual paper mache.

Now's your chance 20% skrillex, time to find out what sort of mutant rodent is under those tissues.

Uh oh he turned on his bishounen mode. The ultimate ability that forces sparkles out of your face pores. None can resist this ultimate technique.

PUT HIM DOWN YOU MOTHERFUCKER HE'S DISTRESSED AF.

HAH what comes out when you skin a person. I like this guy.

"As soon as my eyeball completely passes the layer my hair is on, i'll be strong enough to see through the bandages."

Oh the second when he took the food
    [​IMG]

Oh my god, mii-kun is reenacting a classic pokemon meme.

STAY IN THE BAG MII. YOU HAVE GOOD TASTE IN MEMES.

Oh shit, you gotta pimp out that drawer. Mii aint stayin in no plain-ass desk, you gotta get a bed in there, maybe some snacks, shit will be LIT.

Well i did see her taking the real one coming but whatever what an interesting hi-jink this will be.

OH dang, mii has so much game, he even got brung into the girls changing room. What a boss. Mii-kun doesn't give a SHIT.

[​IMG]

At least he was ok in the end.
    This show is incredible.

Zed60K, ZetsubouKaiji and Gens like this.
  13. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Jan 18, 2018
    02:

Mii kun's bizarre adventures, I honestly felt surprised, they didn't show any fanservice when he was in the girl's change room because that would've been such an easy opportunity, and it's so common in like every anime in the universe.

Glad, they're keeping this show so pure.

His gangsterness knows no bounds. He should start his own gang.

Zed60K, ZetsubouKaiji and TurkeyGami like this.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  14. ZetsubouKaiji

Not only this, but the funniest moment in the episode was
    when they were looking for Mii and walked in on the boys changing and one the guys should "ecchi" in a girlish falsetto.

This show is just face melting levels of cute. It's funny too. Now I'm curious how it's going to start bringing in other mythical creatures. There were a couple hints this episode that seem like it will start happening soon. If this becomes the adorable version of Natsume, I'd probably be able to say that I lived a fulfilling life.

Tents, Gens, Zed60K and 1 other person like this.
  15. Zed60K

Zed60K Database Moderator

it took me exactly 2 hours to finish this episode, that's because i spent the whole time making gifs for avatars, and now i have a whole bunch to use and it's totally worth it.

THOSE BASTARDS, THEY KNIT, I WANT MY OWN MII DOLL, AHHHHHHH.

16. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Episode 2.
    He's so happy to be a helpful boy.
    [​IMG]

17. TurkeyGami

Same, I had to make the gif in my sig. Took too long because i'm a noob.

ZetsubouKaiji and Zed60K like this.
  18. OtakuOkami

OtakuOkami New Member

OMG that mummy is so cute! in general i don't think the story and plot is great but i keep watching because mii-kun is adorable. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

TurkeyGami, ZetsubouKaiji and Zed60K like this.
  19. AdmiralMuffin

AdmiralMuffin Well-Known Member

Episode 1 & 2:

This is pure diabetes. I had to pause the video every five minutes so I can dive into my bed to roll around and hug my pillows while giggling like an insane ninny because this show is so Goddamn cute.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  20. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Jan 25, 2018
    03:

Me, when Mii-kun cried himself up so much, he dried out:
    [​IMG]

I have to say, a show about a cute pocket mummy, is kicking VE's ass in feels.

Zed60K, TurkeyGami and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018