How do you use your "won't watch" list?

zombiepegasus

To me it seems like the main reason would be to let other people know what recommendations you won't accept, but I've heard not everyone uses it this way.

Would you forget what anime don't interest you without it? Is it to help filter anime through the website so anime you've already come across and don't look good won't show up? Do you feel the need to add every anime of the new season to your list and the "won't watch" is where everything goes that you aren't planning on watching? Is it for some other reason?

I personally find it a bit of a pointless feature. I mean I don't think I've added anything to it in 9 years. If I don't want to watch something I just...don't watch it.

Just as the OP said, I put everything I won't watch in there. That includes almost everything from the list of seasonals that I'm not going to watch (which do however remain unmarked until I take a look at how the seasonal lineup fared after the season's end), as well as stuff I took a look at (e.g. its page, reviews, maybe even skimmed through a few episodes) and decided not to watch.
Personally, I find the existence of "Won't Watch" (and in extension, "Won't Read" in manga) very useful. On one hand, it saves me mental space so that I don't have to recall if I happened upon a given anime/manga before (and this especially if it's obscure or a random forgettable seasonal) as then I can look at the "Won't watch/read" mark and think "Ah yes, I saw this before and decided not to watch/read this, moving on", and on the other, it helps me narrow down stuff when searching for anime/manga, as I can then just filter for "Unmarked" so that it will only show me stuff that I hadn't happened upon before.
As such personally I appreciate the Won't watch/read feature very much, and think it's a major point in favor of A-P and against its rival site MAL which doesn't have that feature (in fact if I happen upon an unmarked anime/manga on MAL, and don't recall if I stumbled upon it before, thanks to this feature I can simply go over to A-P and check).
So yeah, tl;dr Won't Watch/read is great imo - though I guess value is in the eye of the beholder and all...

When I follow people, I generally use their reviews and ratings for suggestions of anime when I need something new. I recently started using the wont watch in case people that follow me use my recommendations or ratings. I also use dropped for the same thing. I only have one thing currently in wont watch

I totally agree with you! The "Won't Watch" feature is incredibly helpful, and I personally find it very useful as well. It's a convenient way to keep track of all the shows or manga that I've decided not to watch or read. It saves me the mental effort of trying to remember if I've come across a particular anime or manga before, especially if it's something obscure or easily forgettable.

One of the best things about the "Won't Watch" feature is that it allows me to narrow down my search when I'm looking for new anime or manga. I can easily filter out the ones I've already decided not to watch or read, and focus on discovering new content that I haven't encountered before. This saves me a lot of time and helps me explore a wider range of options.
https://medium.com/@modelo-webcam
Comparing it to other sites like MAL that don't have this feature, I must say that I appreciate Anime-Planet for providing such a useful tool. If I ever come across an unmarked anime or manga on MAL and can't remember if I've seen it before, I can simply check on Anime-Planet to confirm. It's a major advantage in favor of Anime-Planet.

In my opinion, the "Won't Watch/read" feature is fantastic. However, I understand that different people have different preferences, so its value may vary from person to person. But for me, it's definitely a standout feature that enhances my overall experience on Anime-Planet.

Back