Hinomaru-Zumou

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by ZetsubouKaiji, Aug 21, 2018.

1. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

2. Scruffy8642

Scruffy8642 Active Member

Episode 1:

This is probably my favourite manga of all time and I even do the translations for it. Given Gonzo and the PV, I was expecting it to be a terrible adaptation, but I actually have very little to complain about. It delivered where it had to, and was just an exciting watch. Maybe this won't be a train-wreck after all.

3. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Episode 1.
    Well hot dang, another sumo anime. Been wanting one of these since Matsutarou ended. And unlike Matsutarou, the MC here is actually likable and fun. Not to mention ridiculously awesome.
    Just takes punches for 15 minutes, then knocks that bitch on his ass in one hit.

Good stuff.

Scruffy8642 likes this.
  4. Ebonyslayer

Ebonyslayer Well-Known Member

My first sumo wrestling anime and I already feel the hype. Can't wait to see where it goes!

dreamersforeverXx likes this.
  5. ShinShini

ShinShini Well-Known Member

Ep2:
    The fights are already this intense and it's only the recruiting phase. This anime makes sumo look really awesome.

6. randomredneck

Episode 2.
    IT'S SO MANLY!
    Oh, that fight was wicked. This kid is like a freaking redwood. You can't uproot him. And if you try, he smacks your ass down. Awesome. And hey, a full team already. Glad that didn't take long.
    This show rules.

Scruffy8642 and ShinShini like this.
  7. Scruffy8642

Ep 2:
    Great fight this ep. Show continued to be hype which is a good sign. If the title for the next ep is hinting at what I think it is, it should be the bomb.

8. Teophan

Teophan Database Moderator

EP 1 and 2

This show caught me off guard. I like it so far. Very interesting. I can see the creator trying to bring back the honor of Sumo into Japan. That said....

She's either going to give me her future daughter to marry and take care off or she is going to give me a banana......worst edit I've ever done. It was rushed.....

[​IMG]

9. randomredneck

Episode 3.
    Who knew it'd be another tiny guy who'd give him his biggest struggle yet.

Course he also fought another giant motherfucker. Which was also awesome. Just insults the big bastard til he regrows his balls and hops into the circle to whip his ass. If sumo doesn't pan out, he'd be a good motivational coach.
    Good stuff.

10. Teophan

Teophan Database Moderator

Ep 3
    It ain't shounen till you name every fucking move and have animation flash in the background to show how "powerful" it is like power rangers on LSD.

of course his main rivals will know each other and one be his opposite but never trueley able to catch up to him no matter how hard he tries.

11. Scruffy8642

Dropped the ball a bit, but still nice.

12. randomredneck

Episode 4.
    A breather episode...get it? Breather?
    Cause coach has shitty lungs and can't keep his breath?

...Shut up.

13. randomredneck

Episode 5.
    Captain out here just stopping freaking tractor tires with his face.

Badass.

As is this Sada dude. He's gonna be trouble.

14. Arttt

Arttt New Member

Posted by Arttt on Nov 5, 2018
    Sumo and Japanese death metal... what is this awesomeness

randomredneck likes this.
  15. randomredneck

A match made in heaven.

16. randomredneck

Episode 6.
    I love how everyone is always focused on his height, and not that he's built like a brick shithouse. Yeah he's short, but the kid is like 99% muscles. You'd think they'd notice.
    And he brought a freaking Sekitori down to his knee. Badass.

17. Scruffy8642

Did a great job covering the stable stuff. Best ep yet.

18. randomredneck

Episode 7.
    Damn. I was hoping for some sports anime cliche where his secret move would win the day. But no, his scrawny ass got sent flying like he was air mail. That sucks, but I'm not completely surprised. But hey, the rest was awesome. Especially that Judo-Wrestling fight. That shit was boss.

Scruffy8642 and AmeagariHime like this.
  19. randomredneck

Episode 8.
    SO MANLY!
    Oh, Captain coming out on top over Sanada was fucking BOSS. Gets jumped on to rattle him, then bitchslaps his ass and damn near tosses him out the ring. AWESOME! Yuma's fight was pretty boss too. That karate trick move was fricking cool.

20. Scruffy8642

Episode 8:
    Seems we're finally in the swing of things now. Some great stuff this ep, and it should only get better from here out!