Hinamatsuri

Are they? Wasn't A Man, Thirsty for Blood, Money, and Violence, that Yakuza daily life report thing?

Yep. That's the chapter where he got the "monster of the Heisei era" moniker.

One of the most hilarious chapters in the manga. Hope they don't screw it up though I expect them to cut a few stuff because Japanese television don't like glorifying the "gokudo".

Great ep. This was so delightful! Loved the tie into El Condor at the track! At least she did not end up as sushi.

ep 10
This episode was so deep, I think I cried a little (rubbing sliced onions under my eyes)

tumblr_pa1qrw8NwY1xpa4eoo1_1280.png

When I saw that face, I knew this was going to be a great episode. By now, it has been officially trademarked as the Hitomi Face™.

I swear I related so much with Hitomi this episode though. I moved out before I graduated high school and worked to make my own money and pay my own bills. And looking at my friends chatting about going to watch the new marvel movie or going shopping...
tumblr_pa1qrw8NwY1xpa4eoo3_1280.png

tumblr_pa1qrw8NwY1xpa4eoo4_1280.png

... was what exactly I was thinking. Sometimes they talk condescendingly as if they had more experiences out in the society than me and I half-snort, half-pity them inside. They are going to have hard time when they go out into the real world, that they are.
Hitomi is such a badass genius that I can't hope to match, but you know, just a connecting moment there.

tumblr_pa1qrw8NwY1xpa4eoo9_1280.png

EVERY. FRICKING. TIME.
Time is a cruel master. He needs to give me 24 hours to watch anime and shitpost, 24 hours to sleep, and 24 hours to get shit done. Balancing schedule is so hard and when one of them bleeds into the other's time, everything falls off.

tumblr_pa1qrw8NwY1xpa4eoo10_1280.png

I do want to spend family time, but whenever they come over, I have to clean everywhere, serve them food, entertain them in a variety of ways, and push work until later to do. And clean up afterwards. But I still love my family, make no mistake.

tumblr_pa1qrw8NwY1xpa4eoo5_1280.png

I WOULD LIKE TO ADOPT ONE ANZU PLEASE

tumblr_pa1qrw8NwY1xpa4eoo8_1280.png

As sweet as this is,
after a few times, you realize your massages don't really help their shoulder pain. Or was my personal experience.

Also enjoyed the Uma Musume reference heh. :lenny:
If there was anything lacking in this episode, it would be some yakuza action. Hina? When she comes, she will come.

Episode 9

I appreciate how all the characters in this show look similar and have an obvious art style but don't all look the same.

Omg that ending XD They're so cute.

Episode 9
Hitomi-chan ftw. I mean I like Ansu alot and Hina to a degree. But Hitomi is bestest girl. Also her mom, that was awesome at the party. Also 150,000 yen a month, thats eh..1300 a month for that apartment. Thats pretty cheap for what it appears to be, I guess however for a middle-schooler that would be a lot of cash. Good on Nitta though to offer it up.

Episode 10:

Those horse names sure looked suspiciously familiar.

Not much to add about the rest of the episode. I thought it was a bit light on humor this time around. The part I'll remember most is how sweet Anzu is. She might be gullible, but her heart is in the right place.

This show is the funniest depressing look at young people trying to navigate the adult world and Anzu is the only one with suitable role models.

This is a major spoiler but,

Mao is mainly a post-time skip character, all her screen time is dedicated to that portion of the manga. We'll probably at least see her in the last episode though of this show.
That makes me genuinely sad. I don't care about a lot any of these other characters at this point they're all just ok, she was my last hope besides more interesting yakuza stuff.

Hitomi becoming a world famous bartender was alright I guess.

Episode 10:

The first episode I didn't care about. Kind of annoyed me, really.

Ah well, let's hope this was a one time fluke for me.

Man, you are obsessed, aren't you. Worrying!
Nope, just the only really good character in this show for me. Still quite a level below all the characters in shows I like, but I admire when an anime has a good saving grace.

I'm not even gonna lie about it. I was a bit disappointed at first to see that this wasn't going to be the next Usagi Drop, but boy, does this show deliver. Even got me the feels with the 10th episode. I love this.

11:

dvUar9s.png

Come here big boi. Couldn't stop laughing my head off at this, especially with the way he was panting. I think they nailed this segment as far as I'm concerned.

And then the 2nd segment, was equally golden. Anzu confirmed to be bestest daughter in the universe! She truly makes Hina look like a piece of shit.

The two halves were basically mirror images of each other. This one revolving around the misconceptions we have about people, with the yazkuza being seen as scary bad dudes, and Nitta thinking all kids are evil jerks on the inside.

Last edited:
Episode 11:
yQkVYyT.jpg

So begins the legend.

The legend of a monster.

Two of my favorite chapters adapted and they nailed them good. As expected, the Heisei monster segment had some stuff...omitted but that's not the anime staff's fault. Hinamatsuri treats its Yakuza characters somewhat sympathetic and that's a big no no to Japanese television. The jokes are still intact so it's all good.

Segment two confirms that Anzu really and truly is an angel.

Oh and next week is the last episode...

Orz

Hina is up the creek! Anzu is going to replace Hina in Nitta's mind. How can I adopt Anzu? Can I trade her for my Gen Z nieces?

Good EP.

Back