Higurashi: When They Cry - Gou

Yeah, I'm keeping my expectations at an all time rock bottom with Passione behind this and expect nothing at all. The last OVA I watched out of this franchise was extremely dire.............this is probably going to be fanservice at best.

It just reminds me again exactly how insanely lucky we even are that Uzumaki got a high profile studio when horror anime gets shit on constantly.

Last edited:
I´m so hyped, I love the artstyle (known from Bakemonogatari) and I really hope the anime will get more deep and tells something from the Visual Novel. Please don´t be another shitty fanservice OVA.

I hate to say this, but Passione is significantly worse than Deen. I'm wary of this.

So it'll be like Avatar, or for some reason Highlander 2? Or Chucky. @ZetsubouKaiji can give you a better example of remakes in movies and such.

BEN-HUR! That's a good one. Or Suddenly. Or shit, I just had one and it was dope but I forgot it. I think the remake had Nicolas Cage in it.

Nothing of worth has come out of this franchise since the end of the second season. Hopefully this will be something significant rather than more useless OVAs.

How DARE you talk shit about the OVA series that had a loli using her ass to clean windows!

I never did see the ovas, cause overall I felt pretty happy with just the first two seasons. From my perspective, it didn't feel necessary for me to watch them. They're probably aiming for a remake since the art is kind of old, but I'm pretty much okay with how the original series looks. Otherwise, I'll keep my expectations low.

So it'll be like Avatar, or for some reason Highlander 2? Or Chucky. @ZetsubouKaiji can give you a better example of remakes in movies and such.

The Wicker Man remake does seem like the most apt comparison there. Even Cage being his most Cage-y couldn't save that dull fart of a movie.

Also, we don't talk about Highlander 2 in the ZK household.

The OVAs weren't all bad. A couple of episodes in Rei have a decent side story for Rika tucked set aside for them.

Kira was pure pig swill though. Nothing to defend there.

Last edited:
I really hope they'll cover some additional material, like Japanese-only chapters from NDS games. Or manga.
Otherwise, I don't see a point in making a remake.

Last edited:
Back