Hi Score Girl II

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by Damias, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Damias

Damias Database Moderator

Posted by Damias on Mar 20, 2019
  2. Damias

Damias Database Moderator

Posted by Damias on Mar 20, 2019
    Just recently announced through live-stream the second season will air in October of this year.

Nicknames and Gens like this.
  3. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Mar 20, 2019
    [​IMG]

My inner retro gamer is so fucking happy right now. MORE GAMING NOSTALGIA HERE I COME MOTHERFUCKERS.

Also OVAs are out too, I should get to those this week. This is one of the most actually worthwhile shows J.C. Staff has made in years alongside Planet With and Saiki.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  4. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Mar 20, 2019
    I have no idea they'll fill a full season. They already covered the vast majority of the manga, but I'm not objecting. More cute Oono noises is a good thing.

Gens, ZetsubouKaiji and Nicknames like this.
  5. hell0emi

hell0emi Well-Known Member

Yes! :D

Gens, ZetsubouKaiji and Nicknames like this.
  6. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Before this, you apparently gotta watch this Extra Stage thing I hear.

ZetsubouKaiji, g3data and Nicknames like this.
  7. commonxreaction

commonxreaction Well-Known Member

I was expecting the OVAs, I wasn't expecting a whole other series considering how the first one ended. A pleasant surprise though.

ZetsubouKaiji and Nicknames like this.
  8. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Mar 21, 2019
    It's just more episodes that there wasn't time to put on TV, so you definitely gotta.

ZetsubouKaiji and Nicknames like this.
  9. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

10. Sarcataclysmal

Sarcataclysmal Database Moderator

ANN recently posted an article about how Hi Score Girl wasn't originally intended to be animated in 3D (as told by JC producer Yuji Matsukura). In the article, "Shogakukan Music & Digital Entertainment", also known by the acronym SMDE, was cited as being the actual production company behind the CG animation; JC themselves were "not credited for any part of the CG animation production", meaning SMDE are the true animation company behind the series and JC was the main production company that was making the series happen.

And with the disappointment that is One-Punch Man Season 2, how much lower can JC stoop!?

Nicknames and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
  11. SerialExperimentsTox

SerialExperimentsTox Well-Known Member

I just finished Extra Stage and I NEEEEEED more. I can't handle this sexual tension much longer

Nitroglycerin, Nicknames and hell0emi like this.
  12. Starfrost

Starfrost Active Member

I need this season already!

13. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

There's a subtitle file available for we the impatient. Not sure if I'm allowed to share such a thing directly here but ask and I'll deliver

14. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Do so privately and not on the forum.

g3data likes this.
  15. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

thought so.

16. commonxreaction

Well, this is one of my top picks for this season, so to say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement.

I liked the way the re-cap was presented. Especially since Ono really doesn't talk anyway, so we're getting to see in her head a bit and see what she thinks about and likes. They also used it as a means to give us back story on the Ono Sisters, which was really neat. Seeing how Akira chose her mains was really funny too. I pretty much lost it when Zangief and Haggar shed tears at their lack of fandom. That might've been the funniest thing this series has ever done. It also helps that this re-cap didn't encompass the entire episode, like with some shows this season. Also, Makato dance and taunt their instructor was gold.

I really wasn't expecting a complete confrontation there at the end either. I was a little worried that Akira would get scared off by Hikada. I think Makato is a good support role to keep that from happening though. I kind of got the impression from the previous seasons that Akira would get the wrong idea and simply storm off. I'm glad that we didn't end the episode on a misunderstanding like that. I'm sort of thinking that Hikada might challenge Ono to a game for Haruo's hand in marriage, so to speak.

Otherwise, pretty great start in my opinion. The OP/ED are a little wonky compared to the original though.

17. UniversalParanoia1

UniversalParanoia1 Well-Known Member

YESSS I LOVED HI SCORE GIRL I’LL BE WATCHING THIS LATER THATS FOR SURE

18. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

...Wait, is it out? I don't see it on Netflix.

19. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

Netflix releases it in Japan weekly while the rest of the world has to wait until they decide to release it worldwide. They probably watched a subbed version of the former.

20. commonxreaction

Yeh, I watched a fan sub. I don't think Netflix will be releasing this until it's finished airing in Japan. That seemed to be the case with the previous seasons.

UniversalParanoia1 likes this.