Health & Fitness, Sports & Outdoors

As an adult just be proud you could coordinate 8 people into doing something fun.
No, no mercy for these jerks! I'll have 14-15 showing up for a coffee and board games night, or 10 people for a bike-and-swim day, but heaven forbid I ask 16 people to wake up at 7am on a weekend to travel 2 miles to another timezone for a 4 hour kayaking attempt! They're all dead to me for being so unreasonable! (I'm actually super salty because all the excuses are legitimate, but this happened last year with an even bigger group, all legitimate excuses. I'm convinced that the universe just doesn't want me playing on a river that has already taken one set of car keys and a phone from me. )
This was my thoughts too. 8/16 isn’t that bad at all to be honest!
One more bailed this morning because a shift opened up at work and he has a wedding soon, another's son had a baseball game he can't miss and forgot to tell her, and another has been having asthma issues (mentioned before I planned this), so she's not wanting to put on extra stress, and her husband (my boy) doesn't want to go without her. That 8 is now down to 4, but I changed to a nearer river, and hopefully those original 8 can now do something.

I'm shook. If life doesn't knock this nonsense off I'm finna square up with it.

20 years after the matrix, they have finally started using the "bullet time" camera technology in international judo competition. Man it looks fucking good.

Also, after a week off from judo and grappling in general due to a suspected skin infection, I am antsy AS FUCK to throw a cunt.

I don't even know anymore. I want to go for a run, and suddenly my body decides it's time for a serious muscle cramp to my abdomen out of bloody nowhere that prevents me from standing straight. And then it just does not stop...

Even the act of laying down is torture

I on the other hand have been lazy all day today and now can feel the stiffness setting in. Tomorrow I’m gonna need some serious stretching.

Last night I got to do some jiu jitsu and some judo, and now I feel like balance is restored slightly.

So what's the science on eating and getting stitches when exercising? Because I've had some annoying instances of getting stitches without even getting winded, and I suspect timing of eating has something to do with it. Mostly it's been stitches in my lower abs when running rather than the typical around the kidneys or by the diaphragm that I associate with being out of shape.

So what's the science on eating and getting stitches when exercising? Because I've had some annoying instances of getting stitches without even getting winded, and I suspect timing of eating has something to do with it. Mostly it's been stitches in my lower abs when running rather than the typical around the kidneys or by the diaphragm that I associate with being out of shape.

This kinda confirmed what I suspected, as I tend to get them after drinking too much water/sports drinks after or during a game or hard training session.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/health_and_fitness/4275830.stm

They're annoying as all hell.

If they're in a different part of your body, it might mean other muscle strain is at play.

If I get a stitch I walk it off rather than run it off, and concentrate on my breathing. Aka proper deep fill the full chest and into the belly breathing, like in yoga.

I’ve walked 13km today and that’s only on the way TO the cafe.

Almost certainly because of eating or drinking to close to exercise, or depends on what you're eating too. Simple carbs always seem to be good for me before exercise, but anything dairy or too high in protein will make me stitch or feel sick.

I'm seeing more results with being more active, fit and of course healthy. I really love walking I have to say too from someone who didn't really care for it much growing up or find it fun and exciting. Man how times have changed..

That could explain quite a bit...
I used to make the mistake of eating a protein bar on my drive from work to the gym. Honestly used to make me feel so bloated that I couldn’t do what I wanted. I found I was better off eating it an hour before I finished work or not bothering at all.

Aw yeah, that's the stuff! Had a great run! I think I'll do this route for the next few days, but then I'll probably have to pick a longer one.

I found a steep, rough footpath that acts like an official shortcut for people on foot between two neighborhoods.
I'm gonna go uphill sprint the shit out of it.

I've been getting into some good running recently, but something felt lacking from how I did it in the past. I'm in that weird spot where running normally feels kind... annoying more than tiresome, yet I still do not feel strong enough to just increase the pace consistently, and that bursts of speed just "empty out" and aren't easily worked into a workable rhythm.
And then I realized I've yet to start doing uphill sprints to change things up. I guess I just had not found a qualifying hill yet that was not too busily used.

edit: I'M DYING OH GODS SAVE ME

Ed2: That's the closest I've come to vomiting in a while, and it genuinely felt like I was dying from sheer shortness of breath.

Last edited:
These are for the most part extremely useful to us. Health is a valuable blessing by God. On the off chance that you need to fit you need to take exercise for 30 minutes consistently. Just as sports are extremely significant for us. I play table tennis, cricket and different games that is the reason my fitness great.

I started working out again today. I got roped into it by a classmate, so I ended up following some rather bro-sciency schedule, but I didn't feel like farting around like Mark Rippetoe. It's more important to have a workout buddy, IMO. I might go tomorrow afternoon as well.

Back