Hazbin Hotel

3db9de6e3c9c558f3de42690ef1f4f8474e67977.jpg

Alastor redesign too. Shameless bump. Very excited to see this continued.

Not that I don't like Helluva Boss but I'd be lying if I said I didn't kin Alastor.

Vaggie looking great.

a174fed49dcaf07f2d4ec0d9881ba0577a568708.jpg

7a02b52599917b3c23c9891ed5755ab42c1c6e7a.pnj
I like the changes. Much more clean and put together. The skirt and blouse now gives a "hotel receptionist" vibe, and her hair is much more fitting and clear on her moth motif. She's now also drawn with much more sharp but strong angles.
A problem with her previous design iteration is that it didn't really convey much about her at all. Neither her personality nor her role in the place she lives. This design does much to address that, while also clearly being more symmetrical and easy to animate what with her stockings and sleeve gloves matching on both sides.

Something to note, which I guess will have to be seen in motion before getting a real idea of it, is that she seems to be more filled out body-wise, whereas in the pilot she had the same stick-thin design as Charlie, which Charlie seems to have kept in her own redesign.
Part of it is probably to make her seem more steady and grounded than Charlie.

Snek redesign!
He was darker before, right? The outfit, at least?

The outfit looks less threatening, almost like he's a carnival barker or a traveling salesman. Like he's about to burst out in a number from The Music Man. But maybe that won't matter in animation.

He just seems less ssssssssssssssinister, in the lighter colors, doesn't he? Or maybe it's just the pose.

Eggs still look good, though.

He was darker before, right? The outfit, at least?

The outfit looks less threatening, almost like he's a carnival barker or a traveling salesman. Like he's about to burst out in a number from The Music Man. But maybe that won't matter in animation.

He just seems less ssssssssssssssinister, in the lighter colors, doesn't he? Or maybe it's just the pose.

Eggs still look good, though.
latest

The hat is lighter for sure but maybe that's the lighting in this shot. I do think his pose in the redesign is giving him a different vibe than his old design.

Did you see he has goggles now?

Oh--you're right! I was too caught up in the colors (of maybe just the hat) to notice.

I'm on board, now. Even more so if he actually used them for more than decoration.

He doesn't even have to use them sensibly, just use them.

I suspect that since he got a redesign that maybe he'll become a client of the hotel? So maybe we'll get a scene of him building machines in his room with his goggles on.

why does the implication
Well, if you look at it a little differently, it could have been any reason not to pick the others--size, smell, not being weirdly sexy goth werewolves fur color. He ends up picking Loona because he felt a connection to her rage/vulnerability. So, in that sense, his shallowness about appearance was just a surface explanation of not feeling like the others fit.

Of course, that the show gave him neither not-ugly nor female options before Loona came up seems a little pointed, even if unintentionally so. So I did find that a little strange.

Still: another great episode. I am consistently shocked by how solid this series is.

Well, if you look at it a little differently, it could have been any reason not to pick the others--size, smell, not being weirdly sexy goth werewolves fur color. He ends up picking Loona because he felt a connection to her rage/vulnerability. So, in that sense, his shallowness about appearance was just a surface explanation of not feeling like the others fit.

Of course, that the show gave him neither not-ugly nor female options before Loona came up seems a little pointed, even if unintentionally so. So I did find that a little strange.

Still: another great episode. I am consistently shocked by how solid this series is.
Until I rewatched I had another thought that Blitzo choosing the obviously aggressive Loona was kind of telling about how he felt he deserved to be treated... but then on a rewatch I noticed that the other kids in her cell had a bat with nails in it so she was just pre-emptively defending herself. I feel pretty neutral about it now that I've rewatched and thought it over.

Honestly, I'm really hoping the episode about Stella and her brother is soon.

Back