Harukana Receive

My favorite part is how Narumi and her partner are just such good friends.
I'll flip a table if we don't get revealed they are a couple by the end of the show
Not happening. You know it's not. Doesn't matter that the one is basically always slouched over Narumi, giving her little love bites and breathing heavily in her ear. Just like it doesn't matter that Kanata looked like she was about to tongue-kiss Haruka because they won and Haruka's so goddamn foxy. Just like it doesn't matter that Eclair is so far past the hotness threshold that they'd be legally exempt from prosecution for incest. It's all ship-in-a-bottle yuri bait, my friend. Sadly. Especially since the beach volleyball writhing looks like it was done by Makoto Shinkai.

Seriously, these are some good looking girls, we're dealing with. The show really, really wants us to know that.

And I guess there was some other stuff going on, too? Like, besides the sexy, sexy volleyball girls.

But, in all seriousness, the general fanservice saved this one, for me, because the dramatics of the game itself were entirely undercut by the fact that Kanata's brilliant strategy was obvious by the end of last week, and so watching its reveal drag on in the first half of this one just did not work for me.

And, now that we're halfway through, Side Ponytail has actually made her debut. Sort of. I can't wait for the unexpected twist that she's with the Student Council and wants their clubroom back.

...and is in love with Haruka.
This isn't my top show of the season, but damned if I don't act like it, when each new episode hits.

#1 is Hi Score Girl.

...YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING HI SCORE GIRL.

So far this is my favorite anime of the season I'm checking out, partially because I used to play volleyball in high school (indoor volleyball) and the characters/humor/sports action are good. Also the animation is really good for low budget TV anime. I'm also currently reading the manga; it's not as good but still enjoyable.

Episode 7

What's this idol thing doing in my Beach Volleyball show? ಠ_ಠ

This episode was a bit weaker than the previous one and I don't really dig the new girl yet with her obsession to become an idol. That Happy Happy Shequasar ad was cute AF though

Last edited:
A-ka-riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!!!
"Rules are rules!"

Yes, Miss Emily.
Anyway.

So, Side Ponytail Girl is...not what I expected. At all. But her motivation is suitably ludicrous for my tastes--and she did her little "and here...and here" lotion application beat, so: silly and sexy--check and check. And she wears actual f***ing shoes to school. And she did a tsundere, too, so...I approve.

Claire being ridiculous and Haruka being ridiculous and them being ridiculous together is great.

Haruka punishing Kanata for going on and on about her "ex-girlfriend" is great.

Bikinis are great. And so is unnecessary stretching.

...and unnecessarily yuri high school volleyball photo shoots.

This episode was a bit weaker than the previous one
I will agree, at least insofar as this felt very much like the most stock anime episode they've done. I'm not saying this show has been a bastion of originality, but I don't think we can say it's been particularly cookie-cutter, as far as cliche plots go.

And now we've got Momma Eclair to deal with. Which probably means an intensive training montage is in our future.

Which, then, begs the question: chances we see her in a bikini?
Y'know, I'm probably never going to watch this show a second time...but dammit if it isn't trying like hell to make every frame of it stick in my memory.

Y'know, I'm probably never going to watch this show a second time...

Why would you even suggest that? Do you hate yourself that much?

Ep 7

That opening sequence scared the shit out of me. Thought I was about to do an instant drop.

Oh...well...someone's quite bendy....:troll:
3vlf8Kf.png

Made it sound like she ruptured her hymen or something. OUCH!!!!
ayWuseF.png

Well, it wasn't too bad of an episode. So 5 is the new number. I just pray that she doesn't stay with that whole attitude that she had this ep. UGH, how annoying it would be.

Was the show at the beginning CGI? I couldn't tell.

Phew, it was a dream sequence.

Akari is a nice new addition to the club to shake it up a bit and give Kanata a chance for a bit of growth (character, not height).

I like this anime a lot, it's bright, the characters are fun and have a bit of background without being too traumatic, unlike this season's certain other sports anime about hitting something over a net. It's easy watching. Good stuff.

Why would you even suggest that? Do you hate yourself that much?

Ep 7

That opening sequence scared the shit out of me. Thought I was about to do an instant drop.

Oh...well...someone's quite bendy....:troll:
3vlf8Kf.png

Made it sound like she ruptured her hymen or something. OUCH!!!!
ayWuseF.png

Well, it wasn't too bad of an episode. So 5 is the new number. I just pray that she doesn't stay with that whole attitude that she had this ep. UGH, how annoying it would be.

Remember

never do the splits on hot sand!

Episode 8

Marissa driving that Hummer gave me a deja vu

I got some mixed feelings about this epsiode. On one hand I liked the first half with Marissa's special training and how the girls managed to stop Marissa's spikes (I have to say I was expecting her to do a pokey just to troll the girls), but the second half was just "ok". At least we got some closure regarding salty girl Narumi.

Also dem abs

On another note, do you remember that super catchy song from ep 7? Well, here's the full song for you to put on repeat until you grow tired of it.

Wait--Claire is the older twin?!
In an episode where woefully little worthwhile (read as: sexy) happens (how is Mama Eclair not more...more?), I had only three real takeaways. The first is the twins' order of birth. The second is that I STILL DON'T CARE ABOUT NARUMI. And the third is that Kanata is a dick.

"Narumi! Our promise to be together forever matters more to me than anything in the world, even after all the tragedy that befell our relationship! Which is why I want you to know I'm going to live up to my promise...with a taller, hotter, bustier girl is definitely not you!"

F***ing hell--was that moment supposed to be sweet? Seriously???

I was expecting her to do a pokey just to troll the girls
Ha! That would've been great.
...I didn't even realize I wanted this. And now I can't imagine what life would be like without it.

Has anyone seen a single male character up to this point (episode 8)? I've been looking even if the background scenes and I have yet to spot one.

Has anyone seen a single male character up to this point (episode 8)? I've been looking even if the background scenes and I have yet to spot one.
Nope. Seems the show is set in an alternate yuriality.

...it's funnier if you say it out loud.

Back