Harukana Receive

Liking this quite a bit. The detail put into her abs and lower abs per jump serve were great. I like seeing small details like that sort of thing. I do hope it picks up though because it is a little snooze fest after watching Altered Carbon and the strange Lord of Vermilion

Reactions: Toy
EP 2

*the actual in-game stuff was a lot better this time around.

*beach waves being CG I found to be funny.

hella yuri bait

*did crazy eyes miss the part about "that girl" being the midget's cousin? of course a blood relative is gonna get through to her more effectively..

* of course a random duo witnessed the not so impressive score 1 point = win victory on that random court....and will probably harass the midget and er cuz next episode..............because shit, that's how these things work.

Episode 2:

Decided to stick with this after all. I was planning to anyway since this is a Kirara show, but this episode has convinced me.

Remember when Narumi said they don't need aces? It wasn't just about her being a hardass about beach volleyball: it was about her regret abandoning Kanata. She's concerned about whether she hurt her in the past and wants Haruka to to better than she did. I hope Narumi and Kanata will talk things out in the future.

And I think having no OP and ED right now is intentional, because these first 2 episodes are probably in a different tone than the rest that is coming. This was just the warmup. The real show begins in the next episode.

ep 2

A lot of yuri elements? Eh...
yes... I think I can dig that. Quite deep.

It's quite amusing balance of fan service and the actual sport so far.
Needless to say, the best girl is Narumi, because that tanned bod is great.

I'm not sure what to think of the new girls who will be making appearance next week though.

Episode 2, why am I enjoying this so much
No seriously, this so far is one of the most enjoyable that I've watched this season. For starters, while on one hand I think the characters are pretty simple, on the other I'm fucking feeling them so much. Haruka is so bubbly and I love her, while Kanata's issue makes sense, and the way it was handled while direct feels sincere. Meanwhile on the other end, I feel like Narumi's perception and reaction is very understandable. In fact, while I liked Narumi before, the way this episode built her character probably makes her my favorite, even made me emotional when she was crying, that hasn't happened in a minute (getting emotional over anime, I'm not that dead inside jeez). Ayasa is kinda the only one left without much said about her or why she feels the way she does. That said, I'm going with yuri crush!

There's so much to talk about, I'm pressed for time so I'll touch on more next week, but talking about these characters feels most appropriate with this episode. Idk, maybe I'm losing it, I have been watching way too much anime. Oh and the girls are all still very cute, maybe that's what it is.

Ep. 2:
Fanservice. Fanserice everywhere. It wasn't as heavy in the first episode, was it?
The tortoise is adorable. :3

It's not a bad show, exactly, but I'm watching way too much shit this season, and I have to drop something. But I might come back to it one day.

I am enjoying this. I'm glad we finally got a sports anime with no fan service or product placement :)

I am enjoying this. I'm glad we finally got a sports anime with no fan service or product placement :)
tumblr_pbt92vpgwb1qehrvso1_540.gif

I'm back on board.
Harukana-Receive-gif%2B%25282%2529.gif

...for now, at least.

(I've seen Misty May. I know how volleyball works.)

"The cut shot pose" genuinely made me laugh. And Haruka's increase in ridiculousness (in tandem with the show realizing it should probably shake its moneymaker) moves this straight out of Ep 1's valley of nothingness and into the "shut your brain off" camp that is half the stuff I'm enjoying, this season. Which is okay by me.

Because I don't care about literally anything else, in this show. Not the sport, not the other girls, not the goddamn power of friendship. It's all bland and dull and very much what turned me off in the first episode.

But sprinkle enough silly and sexy on it, and I'll be back every week.

Also yuri bait. Many much yuri bait, please.

Episode 1:
Wasn't planning to continue this past the first ep, just wanted to check out how the adaptation turned out, but there's actually quite a bit to like here so I'll probably keep watching it. Action animation is somewhat disappointing, but it does do some good here and there which is nice.

Episode 3

I propose to rename this show Unlimited Ass-Slaps Works

I have to say I love Claire and how similar she is to Haruka (except she's a bigger goofball than her). Also Kanata seems to have gotten over her issues about not being able to score with her spikes due to her stature, though it kinda bugged me that she didn't at least tried to aim at the blocker's fingers instead of trying to brute force her way past the block.
Btw, the last part with lil Kanata and lil Narumi was cute af.

though it kinda bugged me that she didn't at least tried to aim at the blocker's fingers instead of trying to brute force her way past the block
I was thinking that the rules might be different in beach volleyball but I have no idea. Then again, it seems like that could be a part of her hang up since that's not really a power move.

Episode 3: Emily and Claire... Eclair?
SMACK MY BITCH UP! No really, dat ass is too hard to resist.

I'm honestly on the fence about how I feel in regards to the soundtrack. On one hand, I've decided that I like it and it's good, on the other it actually almost feels intrusive. I legit paused the video in the beginning because I thought the music might be something in the background of my PC playing. That aside really good episode, we met the blondes, we unpacked more of the emotional baggage that comes with Kanata, and we played some beach volleyball! I hope the second part doesn't become a weekly thing, I like Kanata, and I like the development with the self conscious issues she seems to have, I just don't want it get overdone. As for Eclair, I love them, Claire and Haruka seem to be having all the fun, and I like fun damn it. Emily seems straight laced, a little shy, which is funny because she seems doomed in that case. Although, Claire thinks she likes it, hmm...

Narumi is precious, that's all.

Damn, i really was hyped about this. I came to see enjoyable Beach Volleyball but got the issues of a small girl and her past instead. Really disappointing. Dropped.

It seems for the most part that Kanata is getting past what's been holding her back, and I want to see her develop. I get the feeling it won't end up like Welcome to the Ballroom, which felt disappointing with its characters. Plus Emily and Clair are awesome as sisters!

Reactions: Toy
Back