Harukana Receive

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by ZetsubouKaiji, May 24, 2018.

1. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

2. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Haikyuu with chicks. I guess that could be good if it doesn't turn into an ecchi fest with no focus on the actual sport.

Shikiya and Nicknames like this.
  3. Shikiya

Shikiya Well-Known Member

Now only if this anime could be as good as Keijo, I would be crying my tears out. For variety of reasons.

ZetsubouKaiji likes this.
  4. Toy

Toy Active Member

Posted by Toy on Jul 6, 2018
    First episode, look beach balls!
    Well, the negative is that the sports animation isn't Hanebado good, or that great at all tbh. If you're looking for a sports anime this season, you might want to try the badminton one first.

On the other hand if you want cute girls doing sports things, this is probably more up your alley. Also, you won't drown in angst and oppressive badminton dictatorship. That said, this show so far seems like it's going to be simple sports anime that heavily relies having cute characters. It is what it is. Animation outside of sports is actually alright, which makes it sad that the sports animation isn't as great. CG is used, and overall is just bad. Sound is pretty good and voice acting is good, soundtrack in places was good, in others was no so great. Characters seem fun, at least the main character is. The other characters seem to have some conflict with each other, but like the main character, we kinda get the idea, but don't know the whole story. Little bit of ecchi here as well, like a subtle bit of seasoning on this dish.

Edit: I've given it a bit of time, watched that first episode once again, and the sports animation has grown on me a fair bit actually. I think Shikiya is right that the style is a lot more realistic than fantastical. I'm not used to anime doing this, and I think I might have gotten stuck in a mindset that anime should be that way. Oh, and the girls get cuter the more I look at them. Especially when I look at Narumi's waist, those are some powerful visuals right there.[/edit]

Oh and cute turtle!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  5. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

Episode 1

1 minute in and I can already tell why many of you would start this anime :lenny:

This show was no Keijo but it was still entertaining. It was mainly a set-up episode to introduce the characters and see them get rekt badly by their would-be rivals (given how the episode ended).
    I'm surprised there wasn't a lot of ecchi, save for the obligatory ass shot at the beginning. I guess that means they'll focus more on the sport than on the naughty bits.

Starletka, Shikiya and Toy like this.
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Jul 6, 2018
    Episode 1

I thought it was decent, actually? Not super ecchi and seems to be taking the sport aspect seriously. I mean, there was nothing surprising about it, but I liked the main character.

Starletka, Toy and Nicknames like this.
  7. q66

q66 Active Member

Posted by q66 on Jul 6, 2018
    episode 1:

well...

i did not exactly mind this, i guess?

it's watchable (and a lot less trashy than it could have been), whether it's worth watching is another question and i'm not sure if i know the answer just yet

second episode perhaps...

Starletka, Nicknames and Shikiya like this.
  8. Shadexo

Shadexo New Member

Posted by Shadexo on Jul 6, 2018
    YES! This is what i've been waiting for this summer season (next to Grand Blue Dreaming). A nice enjoyable anime about beach volleyball. I hope the actual sport is being explained well since Beach Volleyball is quite different than indoor volleyball.
    Harukana is nice :>

Starletka, Nicknames and Toy like this.
  9. Shikiya

Shikiya Well-Known Member

Posted by Shikiya on Jul 6, 2018
    ep 1

While the background animation is on the simpler side, it's quite well done, I'm impressed with it.

CG being used on the volleyball was a good decision, looks more realistic that way. I'm kinda disappointed that they went wit expressing athletic movement by slowing down. But it could have been worse, and I'm quite satisfied with it.

Maybe they will shape up, and actually do beach volleyball, instead of flashing fan service every few minutes this time around.

10. BurntJelly

BurntJelly Well-Known Member

I had seen some images of this before... then I saw it on the seasonal list. Insta-watch.
    [​IMG]
    It's actually a decent show. Fanservice done right.

Starletka, Nicknames and Toy like this.
  11. Starletka

Starletka Well-Known Member

Ep. 1:
    Seems like a brainless summer fun, so why not? I don't even mind the fanservice, since it isn't forced (at least compared to other ecchi shows). And I can always drop it if I don't like it.

Shikiya, Toy and Nicknames like this.
  12. AdmiralMuffin

AdmiralMuffin Well-Known Member

Episode 1:

Man, those awesome butt and swimsuit details makes this a must watch for a degenerate like me. I don't care much for the actual plot but the PLOT that matters seems promising.

13. tootalls

tootalls Well-Known Member

ep 1........

I have some.........complaints........

#1. the WOW moment of the episode/match was in super slow motion, usually meaning that is what we'll have to expect from matches as the highlight in "action".

#2. Main character's motivation.......a little too whimsical to ignore. We play a match of volley ball, just for the fun....sure, that much anyone would do.........train hard for a week for a scheduled match against two strangers you've never met for a grand prize of nothing? yeah...nah............

#3. the chick with the eyes.................anime level intense x100, why? and why is midget girl acting like the world is ending and her big cuz is risking her life by challenging these girls to a risk free match............ the tension from everyone was way too forced.

yeah well show is watchable I guess.............mainly for the same reason most would watch beach volleyball.

14. interregnum

interregnum Well-Known Member

Well...if the show devolves* into a trashy yuri love triangle show, let me know.
    *by which, of course, I mean evolves, let's not kid ourselves, this is me we're talking about.
    Ep 1 needed either a harder turn into fanservice or a more compelling foundation to its dramatic premise to earn an Ep 2 from me. Because a series of slack-jawed, indistinguishable anime girls with no recognizable scale of intensity inducing yawns from me for 20 minutes as they fail to react believably to the people around them--even the ones with emotional history--isn't high on my list of things that keep me locked into a story.

All kidding aside, the 1980s must be spinning in its grave with how obvious it should have been to begin with Main Girl feeling Pointless Intensity Girl was deliberately being an a-hole to her and wanting to get revenge because of it. "Cliché call to action" beats "unrealistic naiveté to action." That's just the rules.

Pass. But the overhand kind that's more likely to get me penalized.

Shikiya likes this.
  15. Ebhen

Ebhen Active Member

Posted by Ebhen on Jul 12, 2018
    One angry bitch, one emo girl and a bimbo with big...
    Ok fan service though, I thought that with the beach and sport setting we should drown in close ups on wiggling boobs and strange camera angles but this was decent. The CG was cheap and boring.
    I'm not sure this is my thing but I will give it a few eps to find out.

16. Nicknames

Episode 2

I have the feeling someone in the production commitee of this show is spying on this forum and saw @interregnum's complain because the yuri-bait sure was strong this episode (not that I mind tbh :megusta:).

I liked this episode more than the previous one (and no, it's not due to what I said before). Finally we got to learn exactly what happened between Narumi and Kanata, and why Narumi has been so salty all this time.
    That ass-slap tho...

[​IMG]

Btw, I have to say the backgrounds in this show are absolutely stunning.

This show has been some mindless fun and so far I'm quite enjoying it.

Toy, Shikiya, Rastamepas and 2 others like this.
  17. interregnum

interregnum Well-Known Member

Toy likes this.
  18. Nicknames

Toy, Shikiya and interregnum like this.
  19. q66

q66 Active Member

Posted by q66 on Jul 13, 2018
    Episode 2:

Yeah, this was actually much better than episode 1

picked up

Toy and Nicknames like this.
  20. Shadexo

Shadexo New Member

Quite solid second episode. Too much drama and unneeded slow motions. Let's see how much Harukana improves during the next episode.

Toy likes this.