Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World

This isn't an anime, it is a poorly made h3ntai. 4 episodes in & their is very little story advancement. Episode 4 is basically just about him slowly forcing himself on Roxy, lack of a "no" doesn't mean yes. There is no depth to this anime, if it doesn't pick it up in future episodes it's dropped.

Slow story advancement isnt instantly bad.
Look at One piece, extremely slow story very good anime.

As a long-time fan of good, cheesy harem romances this Anime, adapted from the not-so-popular Manga of the same name, has me very concerned about the sad state of romance stories coming out of Japan right now. It's so cookie-cutter it's predictable at every turn with even the voice actors unable to help boost the characters demeanor (admittedly I had the protagonist as somewhat a stronger person in my head when reading this). Also the 'nervous man afraid of sex' trope is sooooo over done. Despite the cute character design, and the interesting abhuman look, this is a flat NO here from me.

Also can we address the growing elephant in the room........the growing trend of slavery in Isekai-based stories; especially those involving harems. This is by no means the first but it is certainly the most blatent. I mean they don't even try to hide the hole 'She a fucking Sex Slave' thing behind the character development (like 'Rise of the Shield Hero') or the story (like the Manga 'Mato Seihei no Slave' did). Maybe I'm being overly critical here with a western-based lens over my eyes but it's gone from acceptable plot device to outright sexual deviancy; ruins the story IMHO. Welcome anyone's thoughts to get a second opinion on this

Slow story advancement isnt instantly bad.
Look at One piece, extremely slow story very good anime.
One Piece's issue is less of "extremely slow story" and more of "let's extend every single reaction scene and [insert other scene types] by several tens of seconds and entire minutes and make the episode as not interesting as possible"
That said Wano has good animation, sure, but they're still guilty of pushing scenes just to meet runtime requirements on a weekly schedule that's practically up with the manga
Which I fault Toei entirely for

I've read the manga, and am currently reading the LN, and the pacing in the anime is just way too fast. So many things skipped or rushed.

Ep 6 (uncensored?):
Absolutely nothing happened. The lack of any action was especially apparent this time around. Son, I'm disappoint.

wow, one can watch this on fast forward and still be able to follow what's going on. this has got to be slowest, plotless creation I've come across in awhile. watching it in real time goodness I believe paint drying would go faster.

I've read what I could find of the manga online. I was curious if there was a deeper plot here.... from what I can tell, there's not. This is a Dungeon crawler, heavy on leveling up/grinding, with sexy harem time here and there. I guess it's kind of unique, and I'm kind of surprised they bothered making this an anime. Curious if the LN is does more.

EP8:
"Wrong hole" accident this week due to test-driving in the dark. It was a two-act performance too. All in all, not too shabby.

finally something happened!
obtained a house and furniture
can still be watched on fast forward and still pointless and plotless.

So um...
When does "Not" A Harem in a Labyrinth in Another World become a Harem? Because as far as I'm concerned, Roxanne is his wife and this show is just a slice of life with it ending in them having sex every episode... which lets face it, that's just softcore hentai at this point with how much they're flirting XD

So um...
When does "Not" A Harem in a Labyrinth in Another World become a Harem? Because as far as I'm concerned, Roxanne is his wife and this show is just a slice of life with it ending in them having sex every episode... which lets face it, that's just softcore hentai at this point with how much they're flirting XD
If I take it based on the manga:
This series takes time to build up the harem. The house is volume 5, the next girl is the end of volume 6.

Good lord, and this was episode 8... so if this isn't a 24-48 episode series, we probably won't be seeing a new girl. And if the next girl is the end of volume 6, that would put it at episode 12 or 13... which is effectively the end of the summer season -.-

Two ladies does not make a harem.
The next one is a loli slave FYI
Very confused why they green lite the anime version, must be a super popular LN. I do really enjoy the methodical dungeon crawling stuff, I could go for a long series like that, the harem piece wouldn't bother me as much if it wasn't attached to slavery. It's just icky.

The next one is a loli

oAzPPYs.gif

There are a bunch more manga like this in the pipeline. Explicit sex, ecchi bordering on hentai, or extreme content seems to be more common lately, although Im relatively new to manga so Im not sure if this opinion is statistically correct.

I'm not watching this trash since the adaptation seems awful but this thread is amusing.

Soap, that is all... literally...

please remember to change bath water, hopefully the MC will catch some sort of germ and rot away

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be honest, but I don't understand the need for [Bleep]. Just say it already.
unknown.png

Yes, I watch uncensored. I am a man of culture.

I've watched all the way to eps 8 and I just cant anymore
Theres virtually no plot, basically forced sex (in the beginning), its essentially a hentai
And the story isnt even good, its just fight, sex, fight, sex at this point
Oh and for a "harem" anime it sure is lacking a ya know... Harem??
And the comments on here arent making me think its gonna get any better, so have fun guys but this ones a dropped anime!

Ep 10:
Roxanne wanted to showcase her superb flute playing skills but protag-kun didn't have a flute handy so they had to improvise.
Still no (alleged) loli in sight. Le sigh...

Back