Happiness (Shuzo OSHIMI)

thor123

Happiness (Shuzo OSHIMI)

Synopsis, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual chapters and first impressions of this manga here. Full reviews should be posted here.

I'm 13 chapters in, and so far this has felt a lot like early Tokyo Ghoul. I personally love the art when they're tripping - those spirals are really cool. The story moves a tad slow, but somehow I don't really mind that yet.

Anyone else reading this?

Last edited by a moderator:
the front page of the site recommended this for me last week and after reading the blurb I decided to read it
it is the first ongoing manga I have ever read
I have found out that it is published in a monthly magazine called Bessatsu Shonen Magazine
however this month's issue seems to be late and after some google action iv found out the date it comes out each month can very
does anyone know the date for this month's release or can anyone link me to the mags website as I can not find either I did find the Kodansha website who publish it but happiness isn't on there?
can anyone please help

ok happiness manga by Shuzo OSHIMI
I agree with thor that it does have a similar feel to Tokyo ghoul so far and it does seem a little slow but I don't mind either
I really like the way that Nora is drawn, she is beautiful yet she isn't the classic anime/manga babe
I have only read 3 or 4 manga b4 and so can't really give much comment comparing art styles, I know I like the art style, tho some of the trippy stuff kinda reminds me of something I can't quite put my metaphorical finger on
as for the pacing, it doesn't feel slow, I only thought it was slow when I saw I was 13 chapters in and we are still very very early in the story or, at least, it feels that way
I get the feeling this will have a lot of character dev and an interesting hero's journey narrative all wrapped up in a great ensemble piece

the fact that this manga only has 128 showing as reading it on the DB totally sucks
READ THIS MANGA ITS REALLY GOOD

so we are 19 eps into this manga
it is somewhat of a slow burner , but that actually adds to it I feel
the story is now starting to branch out and gain depth

only real downside to this manga for me is the chapters are kinda short and there's a month between them
anyway great read , I hope more ppl start reading this now it's more developed

Back