Hanebado!

Episode 4
Vindictive asshole from Denmark time! They breed them big down there, and also obnoxious. Is this just gonna be about people hating on Hanesaki and she doesn't remember, leading to -- ugh -- flashbacks and other forms of evil made storytelling devides? It's all too dramatic for me, but just the pants on head stupid variant. The episode is a fucking slog as a result.

04:

This is starting to get really tiring and actually annoying for me, having every character we meet, being an unlikeable and arrogant asshole. First, there was pink hair, and now Connie making a really bad, bad first impression. It'd be nice to have someone who isn't a dick. The whole ridiculous vindictive two on one situation, made me roll my eyes so hard, and left the worst aftertaste in my mouth. This time, I just can't handle this shit. I have my limits, and this breaks it.

I did not like this episode. I've felt a lot less interested, as the focus shifted to Hanesaki, and getting more of these characters that have beef with her.

Certainly is starting to paint badmiton players as a.............toxic community of people.

Looks like mother of the year raised a fine one there, not surprised.

Episode 4:

yeah this show is bad

it was unintentionally funny until now, that may no longer be the case by next episode

i bet every episode from now on will be ayano getting owned by another random asshole of the week who hate her because of her mom

Ep:4
The show looks great and I’ve mostly enjoyed watching it so far, but I really hope it picks up soon.
Because seeing all these hard feelings and old wounds being torn wide open with no remedy or relief is becoming emotionally exhausting to watch.

Some people just need to get a grip. What do people have against Ayano? Just because she's the daughter of a world famous player, she didn't choose to be born to the worst mother in the world.

The fuck is wrong with Connie? Who the fuck refuses to play doubles? If you think it's pointless then don't fucking sign up for it and don't be an unsportsmanlike cunt. In actual badminton that sort of behaviour gets you disqualified.

Of course, it's because she's been taught by Ayano's mother, no wonder the cuntishness rubbed off somewhere. I half expect Ayano's mother to turn up later in the show and it tries to make her sympathetic but I'm just going to be like, nah, you abandoned your kid, fuck off back to wherever you fucked off to when you psychologically and emotionally traumatised your little girl.

Last edited:
Oh... wow... surprise... NOT!

What I first thought was a show with some good storytelling about the hardship to get somewhere in a sport you love have now degenerated to some very stereotypical sports drama where we see a mentally scared protagonist who everyone hates and want to beat. And of course there would be douchebag number 1 (spikyhaired), then douschebag nr 2 (pinky) and then the biggest AH of them all; the blond one who traveled around the world just to beat someone you never have met or had contact with like she was your deadliest enemy or something... Yeah RIGHT! That happens a lot in the real world.
And that mother... she is just the icing on the cake. She doesn't deserve to have any kids if she behave like that.
I really hope they will go on and make this a good show instead of just using a shitload of stereotypical drama elements they have seen in other shows and just paint them in different colors. Please don't disappoint me again! Are we seeing an ending with a happy reunion between Hanasaki and the mother? It would follow the style so far...

Not all was bad of course. I really enjoyed a lot of it and it have potential if they just let go of the things that just leaves a bad taste in our mouths. It's not fun anymore, if it ever was. Nagisa turns out to be a good girl of course, I hadn't expected anything else and I like the friendship between Elena and Hanasaki. Elena shows that she actually cares a lot about Hanasaki even though she doesn't understand all history about her quitting badminton.
That Connie-brat is just to much. If she behaved like that in a real club she would have been shown the door pretty soon. In a club you cant be the spoiled brat who crave everything and do whatever you like. Leaders would have put down a foot a long time ago.
End of rant. :baka:

They certainly aren't wasting time with the characters' personal dramas. This is probably a good thing.... but Ayano's "don't want to" attitude was part of her appeal.

That pink girl... sharing germs, that's low... Really low.

05:

I don't really feel like saying much anymore, the mom drama direction with Hanesaki is flat out, so horribly, horribly, horribly fucking bad, it is a non-stop cringe train. There's no way around this for me, to put it nicely. This feels less about badminton, and more about heavy handed mom drama. If this is going to take up most of the show, I'm really going to be seriously pissed off honestly. The show basically nose-dived hard to me, after the 2nd episode when it took a turn with this. Nagisa's situation I thought was done pretty reasonably, this keeps being the biggest sack of shit though, with the dead fish eyes every time. This is NOT good angst:

cAy5V6V.jpg

The fuck is that, psychotically derpy facial expression?

I am seriously, not looking forward to the next episode, with how this ended. It's been 3 episodes straight of this nonsense, enough is enough. I had a hard time finishing this episode.

Ep. 4 & 5

So I honestly don't really care for the story line, being just an anime about sports with a common goal. But, what's keeping me tuned in is the mama drama.

After watching the last two episodes with Connie's arrival, I've become obsessed in hoping something terrible happens to her and Ayano's mother. I mean the shit she said to Ayano and her mother's abandonment, I was like "DIE BITCHES!!" So basically I'm watching this show just to find out why this dead-beat mom left the scene for so many years, and to watch Connie get defeated by Ayano. However, just like any strong yet asshole opponent, the main character will probably defeat her and befriend her in the process later on...Boo. At the end of episode 5 when Ayano showed her smiling demon face, and commented she didn't need her mother, that made me happy yet sad because I know she's going through an emotional ordeal; God bless for her friend being there for her

Blond bitch is still a brainwashed and evil bitch ...
Idiot mom is still a brainwashing psycho...
And we continue to hate them. And Ayano gets more and more damaged.
But we know who wins in the end because this is a cliché show.

episode 5:

the mood shifts are kind of amazing

this show is awful, but it's also totally nuts

So, i readed a lil' bit of the manga (4 chapters) to keep a track and i really like how they
Didn't use that god/op persona on Ayano, instead, she is more realistic and balanced in the anime, making her less difficult to stand (i hate her personality in all versions tbh)
both manga and anime are following different ideals but both are slightly (not really) entertaining, far from my fav of this season anyways.

--------------OFF TOPIC---------------
I posted this first on Harukana Receive and i left it there for a while I'M DYING OF SHAME
what-is-kabe-don-Kabe-don-in-general-560x405.jpg

Episode 1-2: Great character drama with Nagisa, looks great in motion, a show full of energy.

Episode 5: What the hell am I watching lol

This one sure looks like a hell of a ride. A ride that's on a crashing course while the carts are burning down and the passengers are screaming in pain. My instincts are telling me to drop it, but it's too entertaining to watch :D

Episode 5
So the whole series up until now has basically to me been about forcing Ayano to play badminton when she clearly has traumatic experiences and flashbacks regarding the whole thing with a douchey mother, and so on. Her 'friends', and that coach are despicable for guilt tripping her into playing again. Its no wonder she fell apart in the match against Connie, later repressing the match about a racket string. This whole show has turned into an over drama trainwreck..I'm a glutton for punishment, but I might have to put this one down.

tfw I didn't hate eps 4 and 5...

This would be a very different, and way better, show if it was all about Nagisa, but I got some enjoyment out of the last 2 episodes. The mood swing at the end was painful enough to give me whiplash though

Yeah, there's no denying that mood swing for Ayano at episode 5. Yet at the same time I find this a specific character development point, with Ayano's mother complex and all.

Just caught up on this show and wow, there are so many dicks in this show I thought this could become a yaoi anytime.

I get Hanesaki's mother is one of the worst (if not the worst) parent in anime I've seen, but all this drama is getting really tiring. Can we please focus more on badminton?

cAy5V6V.jpg

The fuck is that, psychotically derpy facial expression?

I can't wait for the next episode when she loses her shit and goes postal on those assholes.

Dramabado intensifies.

Aren't there rules in badminton that you have to have two players per side for doubles?

This episode lacks tonal consistency...

Oh yeah, that tall girl's still in it.

That face at the end ... is this going to take a darker turn next episode?

Back