Half-star graphic update?

mangle

I'm not 100% sure why exactly, but I have a lot of difficulty seeing a half-star. The difference between a full-star and an empty one is obvious, but the yellow vs white in the half-star is pretty hard for me to see. Is there any way a black line or something could be added at the halfway point to make it more obvious.

It doesn't matter as much for ratings where I can mouse over it to see an exact number, but if I mouse over my own rating, it thinks I'm trying to change it. It makes it a bit hard to be 100% sure I rated a show the way I intended. It's not a big deal, so if it's hard to fix, that's fine. But on the off chance it's an easy thing to fix, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Edit: Even just a color change to a darker yellow foreground or any background color with more contrast would probably be enough.

2nd Edit: Nvm. I see that the half stars are in a png, so same amount of work either way. Anyway, I've survived this long, so I guess it's fine.

Last edited:
Meh. I went ahead and exported my list and loaded the data into a database so I can look it up if I really need to know. Alternatively, I could have just resolved to view the page source and search for "starrating" value to figure it out, but that felt less <Spy x Family>elegant</Spy x Family>.

Hello,

i second this idea.

I adjusted the colors using filter a bit to visualise the difference and i think using the color used for logo and notifications would be ideal.
Here is a preview of the difference. The last color doesn't match the anime planet color exactly, but it should be close to how it would improve visibility.
https://imgur.com/a/gKA8qnb

Changing a color of a star icon doesn't seem to be a deal aswell, as even if you don't have the original image source in form easy to work with, you can get such image in any desired shape anywhere or make it yourself in minutes.

Back