Haikyuu!! Second Season

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Guest, Oct 2, 2015.

1. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Well-Known Member

One of very few things to be excited about this season. I can't wait for this one!

2. Teophan

Teophan Well-Known Member

Posted by Teophan on Oct 3, 2015
    EP 1

I loved it. Glad it's back. This episode didn't hold back.

Of course you get the classic recap, then the preparations for the new journey to Tokyo, followed by the training and ending with what only those to can do......Always getting into trouble. But OH MY GOD was it hilarious.

Best part was at the peak of the dramatic WE CAN DO IT music/montage....You all have finals coming up......
    [​IMG]

And this scene
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TOLD YOU!!!

3. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

Episode 1
    I see they changed the chronological order of things around a bit.
    The second half of the episode happens way later in the manga, but this is actually perfect.
    With the defeat still fresh in mind, the meeting with Shiratorizawa is much more potent, and it also makes it clear early on that that is where the big fish are.
    I always found it to be a flaw in the manga that it took so long to be properly acquainted.

Anyways, I friggin' loved how enthusiastic the music is at the end, and then it just abruptly stops like that!
    :laugh:
    That shit was already plenty hilarious in the manga, but the music just absolutely nails the scene!

Man, good to have this show back. And next week we'll finally have Yachi! Oh yes!
    :love:

4. Scruffy8642

Scruffy8642 Active Member

This is amazing! So many things to love about this, the moment that topped them all for me was the 'Rooolllinguu Thaandaaa!' Totally lost my shit at that and have rewatched it many times since.

5. ZetsubouKaiji

Episode 2:

I've always liked the comedy in this series so I certainly don't mind a more comedy focused episode even if it seems a bit strange to start the season off this way rather than using this material for a breather after an intense match. Yachi's introduction this episode was pretty fun. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her interactions with the team in the future. The biggest surprise for me was Kageyama ends up being one of the dummies. I just kinda assumed he was one of the smarter characters, but it's a pretty funny turn that he only cares about volleyball so he sucks at studying. I laughed my ass off when Tsukishima makes him beg for study help.

Honestly, this exam stuff is some of the most cliche material in Haikyuu. It seems like every sports anime needs to have that arc where the characters have to worry about their grades, but they're dumb and only care about their sport so they have to study like crazy. I agree with Brad, this episode is very funny and I'm glad the new addition to the cast is working out so well, but I'm ready for some volleyball action.

radonaho likes this.
  6. Teophan

EP 3

Loving it. More...I need more.
    So she finally got the curage to become the next manager. YAY. I'm starting to ship those two more and more when ever I see them together. And that poster....hell yeah.

Also....you can't really beat this last scene:laugh:
    [​IMG]

7. yoshina

yoshina New Member

The long awaited of Bokuto is coming.
    There aren't enough words to describe how stoke I am!

8. johncruz02

johncruz02 Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Really love the way he said and act that! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. Shinayda

Shinayda Member

Episode 4
    I really do love how they make the faces how hinata got speechless when someone called him small xD that made my day x3~ well .. It looks like the ace guy is the same with hinata but black version hair ://

10. Teophan

EP 7

And so they get that much closer to developing their teamwork and other hidden talents. Wonder what's going to happen with 4 eyes and the secret about his brother.

11. FireWalker

FireWalker Active Member

Finally started s2!
    Considering I only started s1 this quarter, that's pretty good ... went through half of it over the last 2 days.

Anyway, s2e1 was a great start ...
    Of course they have to start by identifying the team's goal, but including the doubts about whether the 3rd years would even continue made that more meaningful.
    I also liked the hints that more is going on with Shimizu than meets the eye ... aside from the moment with the "fly" banner in s1 and "gambare" it seemed she was there only to be looked at, but now it looks as if she'll be a fleshed-out character.

The chance confrontation with the prefecture's final boss, Mr. "Japan", was great - Hinata standing his ground and winning the jump ball was a fist-pump moment, much better than just having him fanboying. And Kugeyama had to put in his own chest-beating too. I liked it.

Looking forward to catching up quickly!

12. FireWalker

FireWalker Active Member

Almost current now ... a surprising amount of development in new directions while still keeping an impressively deep analysis of volleyball tactics ...

ep2:
    Nice interweaving of the grades/exams issue and the introduction of Yachi-san, who is instantly adorable, but also functions as fresh eyes for what this team of upstarts is setting out to do. Her reaction to the coach's appearance was particularly funny ... also his reaction to seeing her crawl around on her hands and knees.

ep3 - Deeply satisfying.
    Yachi-san goes through quite a trial by fire to speak her mind to her intimidating mother and embrace the role of manager-in-training. Any bitterness was instantly erased by seeing her mom tear up at her daughter's evolution and then the supportive way she helped her polish her publicity shots ... which were pretty amazing as well. It was also great seeing Hinata show so much emotional intelligence in trying to help her find her way, and of course I'm happy to ship them now (after ep1, I was wondering if it would be Hinata x Shimizu ... but he was just being helpful.)
    And of course we have had quite a lot of meaningful lines from Shimizu as well. If there was a flaw in Yowapeda, it's that so little was done with the supporting female characters , but this show has gone way past that level already. (And not forgetting the great s1 ep when we see what drives the captain of the girl's team ... hope she plays a role as well.)

ep4 - Enough character development, got to get some games in ...
    I liked the practice tournament, even if a lot was focused on the absence of the key players (which also gave a chance to introduce Tanaka's sister - she's memorable!).
    New and old rivals (re)introduced.

ep5 - Surprising but good stuff.
    I never expected a rift to develop so quickly between Kageyama and HInata, much less to have them actually fighting and scaring poor Yachi-san. The reason is understandable - a profound disagreement on strategy affecting their pursuit of a goal which is so important to them. Let's see where it goes.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  13. ZetsubouKaiji

Episode 10:

This has been a pretty great in depth training arc. The main cast have all learned from their weakness, while we get to know the opposing teams a bit better. Now we get to the really exciting part as we get to see all of Karasuno's efforts finally starting to payoff.

I like the cogs imagery as it's a good representation of the team coming together to work like a well oiled machine.

14. Teophan

EP 10

So they finally got their shit together.

15. Teophan

EP 11

So now the real games begin.........How many episodes are in this season and when do we get to see the little giants ship sail?

16. Teophan

EP 12

Damn. They beat the hell out of that first team real quick. Judging by the previews for the next episode, he's going to snap out of his fear and start to score against Mr. 2 meters. However, from what the old man said in the beginning, I have a weird feeling they will make it to the finals but lose. Him saying that felt like some premonition. Or will they go down to the wire and singing Hime Hime save them and get victory in the end?