Gungrave

Didn't know there was gonna be a GW, this ended up being a top 30 anime for me. 10/10, really good mafia story, with a really bizarre and surreal endgame. Hope y'all enjoy.
ah yes, I remember this: well written story and well written characters. Back then, it was a surprise...

Episode 2
At least this episode cleared up some questions I had.

Almost the entire time, I thought; "Aaaaaaallrighty then!" :frustrat:

Episode 3
Welp, Kenny & What's-his-face is gone... (I'm terrible at remembering most names, but ya'll know who I'm talking about.)

Ah Brandon, you sweet cinnamon roll. ;-;

Last edited:
Episode 2
After reading the summary and watching the episode, Gungrave definitely makes more sense.

Poor Kenny. He just got nabbed.

I have a bad feeling that something is gonna happen.

Whelp, it was a lighthearted until Julio was killed.

Not much for me to say about episode 4, so here are my thoughts on episodes 5-6.
At least he got to see Maria at the school! (And also the mansion.)

...I have a feeling those 2 guys at the bar are going to betray Harry & Brandon, at some point... Also, I have a feeling Harry will betray Brandon too... :\

I have a speculation about Maria and Brandon/Grave, but I'm going to wait until I watch a few more episodes to see if what I'm thinking is really true or not.

What the heck was up with that nightmare?

Glad Brandon got to go fishing. :)

Last edited:
Ladd is bad news. Brandon and Harry may be screwed with him being mafia.

Kenny's little toy gun lol

Scott's a dirtbag. I really hate Scott

I'm curious to find out more about the guy with those rad shades and Big Daddy. Im guessing he's the big crime boss or something

Everyone us dropping like flies
Her Uncle always talks about Maria's happiness, but the Uncle and Brandon were definitely her happiness

Harry and Brandon gave definitely changed since that night.

Brandon and Harry are seen as dangerous, which may put targets on their backs.

Brandon almost died running after Maria
And she said they were just friends

They really made a deal with the devil

Harry and Brandon really have a closeknit bond

I KNEW somebody was going to betray Brandon & Harry...

Ugh, hit me in the feels why don't you? :crying:
Based on the synopsis, I imagine this to be a very mind-effy episode.

...Yep... o_o

I'm assuming Blood is the one making all the creepy crawlers, but then who's making the creepy crawlers in the "future" when Brandon becomes Grave? :cereal: One of Blood's descendants? Or another creep?
Another episode that sounds potentially mind-effy if just going by the synopsis.

Are you kidding me right now? :yunoguy: Brandon! BRANDON! Don't take a job from Blood War! :flip: *Sighs* :pokerface:

Sorry that I'm so behind on the groupwatch. I've been a bit busy between work and packing for going back to college. I'll try to finish episodes 7 and 8 tonight after work.
Brandon is a bit dumb but loyal

Brandon joined to be with Harry and Maria, but he hasn’t seen either of them yet.

He finally got to see Harry who is looking rather slick in his white suit.

Dead-eyed look in Brandon’s eyes… definitely too kind-hearted for this line of work

Poor Brandon
Maria and Brandon finally got to see each other

Lmao not the way he looked away from Gary. He really said that I can’t work miracles

Not surprised that Brandon got a warning

Big daddy took Brandon fishing like a grandpa does with his grandson. Really showing off the idea of that the gang is a family

He gives them the fish lol

Last edited:
Sorry that I'm so behind on the groupwatch. I've been a bit busy between work and packing for going back to college. I'll try to finish episodes 7 and 8 tonight after work.
Totally understandable. My best friend got me Disney+ awhile back, so I've been watching some childhood shows on there in the meantime, as well as season 2 of Haikyuu on Netflix, so there's no rush. :)

The foreshadowing that Brandon will betray the family

Sid and Bear may be representing what may to happen to Brandon and Harry and serve as a warning as to not betray the family

Certainly hit right in the feels

Probably won't be able to watch any episodes tomorrow 'cause I'll be working a double.
I'm worried that Maria is gonna die

Is Brandon really going to betray the
family? Or is he faking

Sorta surprised that Harry caught Lee

Aww, Brandon, that's a bad idea. Bunji better hurry up
Bloody War has zombies on his side

Stupid Harry and Brandon

Come on, Bunji

I really hope Lee told someone about the nercoplyze or whatever it is

Yeah, Bear to the recuse

Brandon proving himself to be loyal

Go see Maria, Brandon
Dang, Brandon really disappeared out of Maria's life for three years

Harry and Brandon decently look older now

Brandon has become a symbol of power despite only joining to be near Harry and Maria

Sherry and Harry are planning to marry?!?

Just say you're worried for Bunji, Brandon

Ah, Harry don't mess with the drug

Not much for me to say about these episodes, other than Brandon has been away from Maria for 3 years?! O_O

With that hair cut and glasses, I almost didn't think it was Brandon at first. :frustrat:

I'm wondering if that's how Brandon became Grave; that Necro stuff.

Oh great, now Harry wants Necro? (Yes, I'm gonna keep calling it Necro. :P)

Gungrave hittin' me right in the feels again... ;-;

Oh man, I freaked out when I thought Brandon was gonna shoot her.

Did...did he just say what I thought he said??? o_o

My reactions throughout almost the entire episode: :megusta::yunoguy::flip::crying::@_@:

Another time leap. How many years has it been now?

So my speculation WAS correct. Mika is Maria's daughter! :D

Noooooo, Maria! :crying:

I first read Orgmen as "Orgymen," and I was like...WhAt??? o_o
Techincally a recap of episode 1, iirc, only this episode explains some of what happened then.
Bob's Superior form... *Gags*

Episode 14
Not gonna lie but I wasn't expecting Harry to turn on Brandon

I was sorta expecting a different betrayal of sorts to happen and this one hurts worst
Episode 15
Harry really did that

Everyone clearly ignoring how loyal Brandon was

Wouldn't be surprised if Harry was just using Sherry to keep Bear on his side

Demon sounds like bad news

I'm surprised Harry pulled over for a kid

Harry not being able to comprehend the boy's grief as well as his own over Brandon
Episode 16
The fact that Brandon knew and didn't report it

Poor Brandon
Episodes 17-21
I just feel so bad for Brandon and how his former friends and organization just turn against him without questioning it. They took Maria, Big Daddy, etc. from him. I feel no sympathy for Harry because of how he's treated Brandon

Not much for me to say, other than I feel the same way as howtoprocrastinate.
And now the professor is gone too...

"Why does everyone keep dying?!" Because anime loves to screw with our emotions. But seriously though, at this point it's like, who's next? :( (Don't answer that...)

Never thought Bear would betray Brandon. Though I feel bad that he died. :crying:

The sunglasses on the Teddy Bear was cute.
What in the actual---
Glad to get some backstory on Maria. :)

Back