Goofy stupid anime?

Discussion in 'Anime Recommendations' started by vinnievulgar, Jan 2, 2019.

1. vinnievulgar

vinnievulgar Well-Known Member

Looking for some really good and entertaining anime with a loose dumb plot but likable characters in ridiculous situations.

2. FunkyTim

FunkyTim Well-Known Member

Sounds like Gintama will be your jam. Tons of likeable characters in ridiculous situations, and absolutely hilarious comedy. I can't recommend this one enough.

Do take note that the first two episodes can and absolutely SHOULD be skipped (the story starts properly at episode 3), and it then takes a few episodes for the show to come into its own. If I recall correctly, it's around episode 6 or 7, when Hasegawa is introduced, that the show really becomes good. After that though? You're in for a ride.

vinnievulgar and Katoire like this.
  3. HKBattosai

HKBattosai Database Moderator

4. Disino

Disino Member

Posted by Disino on Jan 2, 2019
    High school cromartie

HKBattosai and Franconator like this.
  5. Franconator

Franconator Well-Known Member

YES FUCK YES CROMARTIE IS MY JAM THIS IS THE FUNNIEST SHIT EVER GET ON IT

Some other recs:
    Osomatsu-san: Stars sextuplets who get into all kinds of bizarre and wacky adventures as they do everything possible to avoid getting employed.
    Asobi Asobase: Three adolescent girls form the Pastimers' Club and embark on a quest to become super popular at school.
    Pop Team Epic: FYI, this is actually ridiculous situations' middle name.
    Azumanga Daioh & Daily Lives of High School Boys: Gag anime that feature the not-so-ordinary hijinks of Japanese high school girls and boys.

knoxyal, FunkyTim and Disino like this.
  6. FunkyTim

FunkyTim Well-Known Member

Man, how could I forget Osomatsu-san? That shit was awesome.

Franconator likes this.
  7. OracleChampion77

OracleChampion77 New Member

Golden Boy is what you need in your life.

Nicknames likes this.
  8. 3beforenoon

3beforenoon Well-Known Member

No, no, no!
    The thing you need in your life’s Beelzebub (pretty much about everything but the main character takes care of, surprise, Beelzebub)!

9. kronovan

kronovan New Member

I agree with a lot of the suggestions already made -especially Gintama and Irresponsible Captain Tylor- but Excel Saga is the silliest anime I've ever watched.

10. UniversalParanoia1

UniversalParanoia1 Well-Known Member

Everyone probably knows these but the first goofy anime I think of are Nichijou and The Daily Lives Of Highschool Boys.

Jennycortez180 likes this.
  11. UniversalParanoia1

UniversalParanoia1 Well-Known Member

Akawara Under The Bridge is pretty strange too.

FunkyTim likes this.
  12. vinnievulgar

vinnievulgar Well-Known Member

I really appreciate the suggestions but I tried to watch Full Metal Panic and I died out of boredom. I'll try some of the other suggestions though.

13. HKBattosai

HKBattosai Database Moderator

That's cool. It's not for everybody. Then again no anime truly is. Let me know if the other suggestions (Azumanga Daioh and Irresponsible Captain Tylor) work for you. Once again, they're much shorter than Gintama, which is the only other reason I suggested them. Otherwise, go for it (Gintama)!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vinnievulgar likes this.
  14. animuwaifu69

animuwaifu69 Active Member

Gintama, Nichijou, Excel Saga, and a very much lesser known one, Usavich...I haven't seen it in forever, but I remember loving it.

15. CosmicOwlDream

CosmicOwlDream Well-Known Member

Always Air Gear.

Zed60K likes this.
  16. Saeryen

Saeryen Well-Known Member

I second Nichijou. Quite a fun watch.

I also recommend Tanaka-kun is Always Listless (which I see as like Nichijou but more chill), and Poyopoyo, which stars a round cat and several silly humans and animals.

17. Jennycortez180

Jennycortez180 Active Member

My favorite silly animes: Handa-kun, Havent you heard im Sakamoto, and Daily Lives of high school boys(ofc thats already been mentioned) and then this ones more of a slice of life+comedy one, probs not in the same category as what your looking for but it makes me laugh so much that i have to mention it, Barakamon

Zed60K likes this.
  18. Omg stop everything you are doing and watch Ouran High School Host Club! Another comedy that is amazing is Food Wars! But it also has a really good storyline/plot. As for loose plots but likeable characters, Id go with School Rumble, Green Green, Prison School, Zombieland Saga, Golden Boy, and Hi Score Girl. Ben-to is another one with a very loose plot and kind of silly all around idea, but still entertaining.

Hope this helps! If you end up watching any, let me know how you liked them. :)

19. commonxreaction

commonxreaction Well-Known Member

20. YugiMoto

YugiMoto Active Member

maybe it is horror because it has got at the begnning some intertainning culture then they have begin the activity of having some enjoyment like killing or fighting i guess it is like that if you agree and you got me :cereal::crying::drink::banana: