Good show ruined by one character

You know what, the filler didn't help, but gods Bleach would have been a thousand times better without Orihime.
Yeah, Kubo said that the more people complained about Orihime, the more he would write about her.

Dude was doing it out of spite, similar to Nomura and his thing with belts.

Yeah, Kubo said that the more people complained about Orihime, the more he would write about her.

Dude was doing it out of spite, similar to Nomura and his thing with belts.

Typical reaction of a bad writer. There's a difference between being hated but being a good character, and just being bad; Orihime was basically just the heal-bot who would save the day whenever it was convenient. Kubo didn't want to learn how to write a better character so he just spited his readers like a childish brat.

Speaking of Kubo, I'm kind of bored at the moment, so I might actually read the end to his trainwreck of a manga - I don't think I had many chapters left, anyway. Besides, it's only right to balance out something as good as Kaiji Part 4, which I just finished reading, with something as bad as Bleach... I guess.

Also, yeah, Orihime sucked. And the worst thing about that character is that, much like many other things in Bleach, she didn't always suck. At the beginning she was a pretty funny, upbeat character with a mind of her own and an interesting, newly discovered power. Nothing spectacular, mind you, but she was fine. Then she became the fanservicey brainless puppet that she is, her only purpose dishing out deus ex machinas left and right like it's nobody's business, because Kubo can't write for shit.

Loituma.gif
1372100321952.jpg

What went wrong?

53f1063d22f7f8eb684d51dbd6779878a77ff06c_hq.jpg

Last edited:
And that's why she ruins the series (more than it already was) She is given the power to reject any reality she doesn't like. And what does she do with it? She heals Ichigo over and over and over and over... and that's it. That's all she does. If she was written with half a brain, she could... I don't know... reject entire beings out of existence. But no, because that would be convenient and interesting and she's such a waste of ink!

I think the most annoying thing about Orihime is that every damn arc there had to be scenes dedicated to how she was training hard and was totes going to be useful this time. Then when shit finally started going down she was as useless as every. It would have been less annoying to just admit she was a useless cheer leader for Carrot Top.

There are lots of signs that Kubo was just writing Bleach by the seat of his pants after a certain point, but it really shows to Orihime. I think at one point he had big plans for her, but he didn't know how to execute them and eventually just abandoned them in the lamest way possible.

And that's why she ruins the series (more than it already was) She is given the power to reject any reality she doesn't like. And what does she do with it? She heals Ichigo over and over and over and over... and that's it. That's all she does. If she was written with half a brain, she could... I don't know... reject entire beings out of existence. But no, because that would be convenient and interesting and she's such a waste of ink!

The main issue, I think, is that she should have never been written to have such an OP power to begin with. As the hack that he is, Kubo seems to believe that new powers can only be interesting or exciting as long as they are almighty-tier/overpower everything else that came before, and so he writes himself into a bullshit-filled corner everytime. The douche in the manga who could make anything he imagined turn into reality was but the natural progression of Kubo's terrible habits.

The main issue, I think, is that she should have never been written to have such an OP power to begin with. As the hack that he is, Kubo seems to believe that new powers can only be interesting or exciting as long as they are almighty-tier/overpower everything else that came before, and so he writes himself into a bullshit-filled corner everytime. The douche in the manga who could make anything he imagined turn into reality was but the natural progression of Kubo's terrible habits.

Oh man are you in for some bullshit when you finish reading the manga. There are a couple of powers that make Gremmy's power seem almost reasonable.

Apparently Kubo tried to get more than one series series through Shounen Jump, but for whatever reason they all kept getting cancelled. So Bleach is the thing he settled on, and he literally stopped caring/giving any fs.

Arise, dormant thread. You are needed. So I can vent about this bitch.
beatrice-princess-principal-122713.jpg

Princess Principal is by no means perfect. But it'd be way closer to perfect if this waste of space would fuck off. In a band of interesting and fun people (Boozy driver lady, badass samurai loli, the
thief who became a princess and the princess who became a spy
) you got this bitch.

Can't fight, isn't funny, has that screechy fucking moeblob voice, has a skill useful in STUPIDLY specific circumstances. She is just...ugh.

I can't believe after four pages no one already mentioned the worst character of all time and universes combined, the very epitome of all it's wrong in the world: him

I can't believe after four pages no one already mentioned the worst character of all time and universes combined, the very epitome of all it's wrong in the world: him

He's got a cool and definitely not really dorky sounding name, though. I never did get into Saint Seiya, so I don't know anything about the guy or the series other what I've seen in Gintama parodies.

He's got a cool and definitely not really dorky sounding name, though. I never did get into Saint Seiya, so I don't know anything about the guy or the series other what I've seen in Gintama parodies.
just imagine the best badass character possible, then reverse it to the polar opposite, now add ultra plot armor, ultra plot sudden unexplained powers, ultra power of friendship-will-save-everything... and you get Seiya.
Back in the day when we watched the show with friends, it made each episode cringy to a point in which was painful to watch. Removing him completely from the fictional universe would have made that series a full fledged masterpiece.

Didn't ruin the show, but, Raki in the claymore anime, such an annoying WHINER. At least, he's more badass in the manga, but the anime, he just sucks hard.

There are several, but Aiichiro Nitori from Free! and Chiho Sasaki from The Devil is a Part-Timer are the worst of them since both anime would've recieved a 10/10 rating from me if it hadn't been for these two.

I think the most annoying thing about Orihime is that every damn arc there had to be scenes dedicated to how she was training hard and was totes going to be useful this time. Then when shit finally started going down she was as useless as every. It would have been less annoying to just admit she was a useless cheer leader for Carrot Top.

There are lots of signs that Kubo was just writing Bleach by the seat of his pants after a certain point, but it really shows to Orihime. I think at one point he had big plans for her, but he didn't know how to execute them and eventually just abandoned them in the lamest way possible.

I don't get why she's so bad. Honestly, I think Rukia was more plot convenience very early in the series. I like Orihime's sense of balance and humanity regarding her character.

I don't get why she's so bad. Honestly, I think Rukia was more plot convenience very early in the series. I like Orihime's sense of balance and humanity regarding her character.
She's a plot-device in the most necessary sense in that she helps build the premise by passing down Shinigami powers to Ichigo and being at the center of Aizen's first plan, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Helps that her character outside of that is preferable to being the token helpless girl that can stand for herself but not really.

Back