Golden Kamuy

Chapters 181 to 200
I got a little carried away last night, but here are the stuff I remember:
The prison break-out was fun, and I have to admire a tiger just being there because the author thought it would be cool.
Ogata is a creep towards Asirpa, and now he lacks depth perception as a result. It's what he deserves.
That is one hell of an enema trick.
Tsurumi has always been a creep.
Fun with toxins for the whole family!
Sofia is cooler than Kiroranke, but but I'm still a bit saddened by his loss.

For anyone interested, the 3rd season ended up covering chapters 140-200, but they skipped almost everything after
Kiroranke died
so they'll probably circle back to the Koito arc at least.

You're trying to tell me Tsurumi is all ugly, inside and out, but the joke is on you.

The dick fables were something else. Russian Sniper is a cutie, ruining all the shots. And good for Cikapasi; that was weirdly emotional. He's going to split and stay with Enonoka, isn't he?

206-207
So that's what Asirpa will look like as an adult. Sneaky feels are sneaky. How did her mom die again?
Everyone watching the skin, Usami watching Tsurumi :D In the fucking shower, too, right there in the corner. :DD Ffs, Usami. Also, take a shot for yet another dick.
Hooollyyy shit. Plot twist! He lives! For now, that is.

208-210
Hijikata's not morally grey. No one in this manga is.
Tsurumi in a robe 10/10 right there.
I wouldn't want to meet Usami in a dark alley. Or anywhere for the matter.

Well, that was a gut punch. Goddamit. Stop fucking making me cry at work.
The glorious return of the sizzling balls, just so that I won't forget about them?

Tsurumi and Asirpa meeting for the first time? Boner. This better be good.
Tsukishima's undying loyalty 10/10. Koito is just a spoiled brat still, but he's finally starting to show some development. Did you notice he was shouting in English instead of gibberish? Because I did.
Shivers, man, shivers at the end there.

211-215
You're gonna carry that weight.
Jfc that eye contrast. Chills, man, chills.
You know, I truly, honestly, 100% don't believe that Tsurumi would actually do anything to Asirpa once he would learn the code. Unlike Hijikata and the others. I think he'd just let her go. He's not going to be happy about this, though. And with the Wilk/Kiro flashback ... do you think maybe the dead baby comes to play somewhere? I'm still salty over the generic background, so if they brought it back it would at least be worth something. That Wilk had a child, while Tsurumi's died?
You know Usami just wanted a hug when he threw himself at Tsurumi. :DD
There's a lot to take in for the Tsurumi-Koito-Tsukishima trio.
I read "hood" guy as "good" guy. Tanigaki's boobs would slow them down.
Right in the foot.
Yeah, like they were just going to let you get away that easily. Tsurumi is the literal devil on the shoulder, eh? :D
Uh-oh. Who's. That. Pokemon.
He's baaaaaaaack! The bitch is baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

216-221
"If you go bang, it'll go blub blub." Classic. :DD
Ogata, you absolute asshole of a human being you.
Talk about creepy. Genuinely I don't think we've had an arc this creepy yet.

222-224
She's baaaaaaaaaaccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk!
Tsurumi you asshole.
Whoa. Whoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. At least that explains why we haven't seen her in the last 100 chapters. And Ogata??? Jesus, this chapter is just full of surprises, isn't it? Ienaga when? Oh, there she is.
Meth, huh? :D
Idk but the page where Ogata can't shoot is kind of heartbreaking. It's his own fault, though.
They're all idiots and I love them. :D
... or there isn't any gold at all.
Oho, enter Aquaman.

225-227
Whoa. Unexpected transion there. But very welcome.
You know what I remembered?
tumblr_l8lnphyiM81qdepnto1_1280.jpg

Even Tsurumi didn't see that one coming ... Or did he?

Happy now, @Starletka?
Man, Shiraishi sure takes his foodie tendencies further than the rest of the gang.

Of course, we need some miso=poop joke as well. It's good to be back, even if I remember zero of the plots. The Russian stuff never stayed with me the way the murder hotel arc or the bear fucking arc did.
Boooooobs! Also, Sugimoto is terrible at drawing. I'm surprised anyone could understand his scribbles.
Fucking wolverines, yo. Their skulls sure look weird.

We also get some introspection about heritage and preservation of culture mixed in with some questions about interpretation and such. Will these d00ds know the context of the rites and customs that they're filming?

205-210
The theme continues, and then the fake skins change hands but everyone involved know they're fake. The scheming continues.

210-220
Woohoo, gunboat chase!
Those clionids sure were cute. Don't eat them, Shiraishi!
Heita up in the birch wiggling his tongue is how I picture @Starletka whenever she sees Tsugumi in a state of undress.
What a very Starletka avatar you got there, Heita.

Some more character development but it's not that important: Shiraishi is still a doofus, and that's all that matters.

Boner.

Last edited:
The fog's not the only thing that's thicc.
SUGIMOTO YOU ASSHOLE! YOU PROMISED!

Wholesome.
NOT IENAGA FFS!

It's easy to forget how fucking hardcore Tsukishima actually is.
Hey! HEEEEEY! IT'S THE BABY! IT'S THE LIGHTNING BANDIT BABY! Good to know Huci is still alive.

Could you stop with the sneaky feels for 5 minutes?
Tsukishima, always stuck with babysitting.

Oh. Ooooohh. It's the baby. The dead baby. The bones. It has to be.

233-235
What a great addition to the cast.

So he planned to seduce the yakuza boss or he seduced him?
Get vaccinated, kids.

I like his hair. He has very nice hair.
Sugimoto would rather drown :DDD
Oh, no, not the hair! Not the beautiful hair!

They're adopting him. Nice.
SOFIA!
Why?
Why, Usami?
What the actualy fuck?

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck???
You can't bring a gun to a dickfight.

240-242
O-ho. And the plot thickens once more. But like Tsurumi wouldn't know that already. I would very much like to NOT see Tsurumi dead by the end of the story, but I have a feeling they're all going to die.
Ogata with a fake mustache is something I didn't know I needed.
Koito really needs to step up his game to Usami.
Love the hair.

Well, damn, lots of Usami content. Smells like a death flag to me.
I'm glad we have those sounds effect, otherwise I couldn't tell what he's doing.
Hate to say it, but Usami does have a point there.

More talk about the permutations of folklore and people from the outside having an incomplete understanding of rites. Of course, information creep is probably unavoidable, so it's possible that Asirpa's understanding of wen kamuy has been distorted from earlier iterations.

Also, poor Shiraishi. Will he ever strike it rich?

Mmmm, Inkarmat. Boners.

A good recap chapter, even if we all know sniper-douche is full of crap.
So Nikaidou is a methhead now? This can only lead to good results.

Professor Penis is back! And Ienaga too! Boners.

Poor Ogata. Losing your depth perception is a bitch.

I sense a lot of bara from the pirate.

About time Sofia came back properly.
I want one, Koito.
Everyone is in Sapporo, and it's going to be a bloodbath.
JFC.

Dick-sensei is always a delight.
Vasily's face. Vasily's face!

Ogata?? Aw, shit. Awwww, fuuuuck.
DON'T YOU DARE! DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE!

Oh, he has the fake skins.
Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. There it is. There is fucking is. Tsurumi isn't stupid, and we all know it.
All of them figting and plotting and shit, while Usami spent the last few days slapping his salmon. :DD

Back