Golden Kamuy

Volume 9:

Dat last supper reference. Also they're making out Kiroranke to be Judas here. It's like they're screaming in my face HE IS THE TRAITOR!

Nikaido has really just gotten nuttier and nuttier, I guess that's what losing your ears will do to you. Oh, and now he's lost his leg. He is just a punching bag for dismemberment. Reminds of the Black Knight from Monty Python. IT'S JUST A FLESH WOUND.

Ogata is pretty anti-Aspira. He's like lol whatever, you think I give a single shit about you?

Shiraishi's backstory was the stuff legends are made of and poop. He's really willing to do gross things to escape from prison isn't he. All I could think of was when he talked about shoving that key up his ass was that scene from Pulp Fiction with Christopher Walken talking about him shoving a watch up his ass. Shiraishi's journey to end on the picture being accurate to how the nun actually looked like was the perfect hilarious punchline. I don't think I could have asked for a better ending.

Ushiyama just hurled a fucking bear, how GAR can professor penis get?

Volume 10:

They are rather cold aren't they in already giving up on Shiraishi besides Sugimoto. C'moooooooooooooon guys, don't be like that. Shiraishi is the GREATEST.

Honestly, who would not want a cool prosthetic leg gun to destroy their enemies with? Nikaido is like the most wholesome kid here even if his brain is messed up lmao. This panel man:
YgCIyra.jpg

They're such lovable freaks.

Using your dick to distract the enemy, 10/10 tactics. Boner.

Deception stuff like this always gets me sweaty and tense but alas the con man ate a bullet. Well, A for effort I suppose.

Sugimoto at the end being all shell shocked war vet definitely brings on some feelz there.

@Gens
Man, you're zooming through the volumes aren't you? It's nice to have even more people join the GK ride

149-150
Tsukishima's backstory makes me miserable!

the fuckin focus on tsurumi's smiling face when tsukishima pushes him out of the way of the explosion. the 'got him' smile.

tsurumi is so interesting because he is as manipulative as all hell, and I do believe he justifies it to himself, and to some extent believes his own shit. that's part of his allure. but he also is so calculating about how he manages these relationships and it is at its forefront when dealing with tsukishima here.

151-152
so many badass old people in this, love it

154-155
sugimoto beating the shit out of people he thinks are hurting kids. nice

i do love circus performer koito lol he's so Talented!

156-158
one thing I've always admired gk for is its ability to inject levity and humour into drama, to know when to give the audience a bit of a break and the circus arc is a needed break. it's funny. it's cute. it gives a way for this ragtag group to feel more 'solid' as its own group.

koito and sugimoto's rivalry. tsukishima and tanigaki's dancing. it's such a funny little arc

@Gens
Man, you're zooming through the volumes aren't you? It's nice to have even more people join the GK ride
Just proves how much I am enjoying it! Too bad not a lot of people really use the manga threads here.

------------
Volume 11:

Koito is basically all notice me senapi! In how desperate he is to please Tsurumi, the gay fan club marches on strongly.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuudde, I am so fucking disappointed the anime cut out this stuff with Japanese Bonnie and Clyde, Ogin is so cool and hot as hell. Oh my god, I think I'm going to die from a nosebleed and that tattoo. It's a real shame the bandit power couple get killed off. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I can't imagine robbing places with a baby on your back is exactly easy.

Oh, there it is, there's the bestiality I've seen screenshots of. Don't think it gets more gross than this. Another huge WTF moment in golden kamuy history next to the skin fashion show. This manga does not give a single shit, it's going to touch all the taboo stuff and smear it all over it's deviant body while it happily dances around.

(vol 16)
ch 159-ch 160
"Ogata I'll go apologize with you, so don't worry about it okay?" Asirpa's odd relationship with Ogata always warms my heart. mostly.

"Just like people huh?" Ogata always loves interjecting to be unnecessarily morbid

(vol 17) - aka I talk about ogata a lot
ch 161-163
Kiro: That was thanks to the Gods
Ogata: No, that was thanks to me

Kiro going back for that man says a lot about his character to me.

'the kind of guy who is suited to be a sniper is cautious to the point of cowardice' well then youre not well suited at all are you ogata. you're a fucking reckless night-suicidal son of a bitch. i guess it's fair to say ogata does like to win though and does love the game

ogata wins again

ch 164-165 (a lot of words, because my favourite chapter is here)
sick ogata. let's be real: this is prime sickfic hurt/comfort material here. thanks asirpa for taking care of this terrible man

fucking ogata trying to lure his brother into all this stuff.

ALSO REVISITING MY FAVOURITE CHAPTER, chapter 165

"Guilt? Nobody feels that, sir. I'm sure everyone is just the same of me."

It's hard to say exactly what Ogata's deal is, but it seems to be at least partially a bunch of trauma from a young age. Obviously Ogata is just a kind of off, weird person in general but it feels like there's a lot of compounding elements to his 'deal'. There's definitely... a lot of emotional repression and other stuff going on. Just a weird guy!

But yeah, there's the line. "It's simply not right for there to be people in this world who don't feel guilt over killing other human beings!" as his brother embraces him into a deep hug. Thaaaaaaaaaat becomes a touchstone line for Ogata and his narrative. Something so upsetting that Ogata immediately kills him for it. He simply can't stand to be around him any longer.

There's so many ways in which Yuusaku reminds Ogata of all the things he hates, about his upbringing, about himself, about other people. There's so many ways Ogata feels weird, and Yuusaku - although a blessed and good soul - probably says that tthing in the worst possible way. I'm sure Yuusaku is sad for Ogata, pitying him, desperate to bring him to normalcy, but its a line that alienates Ogata - who already doesn't like Yuusaku, who already doesn't connect to other people very much, distances him further from 'what a normal human' is and reminds him sharply of his own theory that a child who isn't raised by loving parents ends up with something empty

There's this worry within Ogata's arc that he isn't a 'normal person', that there's something wrong with him. But Ogata continuously pushes that, everyone else is actually the same, they just ACT in a way that's different. There's a lot of back and forth of Ogata convincing himself he's normal but also seemingly being jealous of people who seem 'above it all' or break this worldview. It's funny because for all Ogata's stoicism, to me it suggests some heavy underlying pain.

Which, when you look at Ogata I often wonder if the guy is just looking for a way to die, if he's just kicking at everything to provoke some kind of emotion in himself until eventually something gets him. He certainly isn't attached to much. Ogata still holds many mysteries. He's fascinating and fun, but when i think about him too much I feel deeply emotional. He fucking wounds me

'the past and future, in front of his eyes' I think this is the first time the manga explicitly showcases how Asirpa is a parallel to Ogata's brother and the mixed emotions she's been stirring in him.

also the section where ogata talks to-is hugged by-shoots his brother is the most perfect three pages of a manga ever. full stop

ch 166-170
'im ready to pee let tme pee on you'

the exchange of
'the child of a wildcat is a wildcat too'
'that really is a pathetic joke'
gets me because yeah, even people who don't LIKE ogata don't think that's a good joke. it also hints weirdly at people disliking ogata pretty strongly in the 7th division even before he turned on them. which perhaps isn't such a surprise, ogata has a. strong personality

'what's that have to do with ogata?'
tanigaki going '...'
tsukishima going 'well. it's a pathetic joke'
sugimoto going 'oh... that is a bad joke'
is just. interesting reactions all around

(is it obvious im invested in ogata?)

ALSO there it IS ogata's 'hinna'

"I HEARD IT DIDNT EVERYONE ELSE"
only asirpa had the joy of witnessing that soft hinna
/end volume 17

Last edited:
Volume 12:

Sugimoto is a little too enthusiastic cheering on the animal fucker for fucking that bear. WHAT IS WRONG WITH JOO, ASDF. That bear fucking panel, I have no words.

Ogata is being less ruthless than usual, that's surprising.

Yes, the GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY orgy sumo wrestling scene, this is bara at it's finest with so many boners in the room. Look at all those magnificent, magnificent chests! Ogata is just lying there as vulnerable as can be. He is a defenseless kitten lmfao.

I very much ship Tanigaki x Inkarmat.

Twistiness everywhere, who can you even trust? *Insert dramatic music*

Ienaga can't really help herself can she, tsk tsk.......

Man, that goddamn hot spring scene. They're just laying on the man service EXTRA THICC. Did Shiraishi's head seriously get hit with a penis twice?

Last edited:
Volume 13:

Most intense naked fight ever, best blend of action and MANSERVICE booty. I was laughing too hard with Aspira groping Sugimoto's ass though and gotta love the wonderful censoring. Aspira is doing such indecent things as a child, but more importantly, how was she able to identify Sugimoto by his asshole?

Tanigaki making out with Inkramat even with a bullet hole on his ass, what a champ.

+1 for the Tsurumi harem with Usami. Now kiss the bride. KISS.

Man, did that plan go south fast in about two seconds. Sure sucks to be them.

Here we motherfucking go, the arrival of Tsurumi and his men storming the place. HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I can't control my orgasming.

Volume 14(Up to chapter 139):

This is a real roller coaster of emotions and shit was really going down. Tsurumi is a man who's not afraid to get things done himself and his hands dirty as a leader, I like that quality in a leader. He's really taking no prisoners and I got CHILLS down my spine. More daka for everyone.

This is all too amazing with the action and plot hurdling forward on a climatic bang. Betrayals, BETRAYALS UP THE ASS. So many oh snap moments.

Asirpa seeing Wilk and Sugimoto being shot was too heartbreaking for words and thinking Sugimoto is gone, arghhhhhhhh.....Inkarmat being stabbed DOUBLE ARGH!

God fucking dammit Ogata, you betraying backstabbing bastard. Betraying people like it's going out of style. I hate you for this, but damn if he isn't a great character though.

Who would have thought Sugimoto would team up with the 7th division. Who would have thought? "Brain damage pals" roflmao, that Tsurumi. This is going to be a lot of fun.

Whelp, I've gotten to the end of season 2 already. Hope you're proud of me guys. Now to decide whether to read more or wait till season 3 comes out...........it's very tempting to read more though.

Last edited:
i'm just like, follow your heart (coughreadthemanga)

it's funny because I've never even watched the anime minus listening to some scenes for the seiyuu. from my understanding they cut half the material anyway

also ive thoroughly learned from reading you and starletka's comments just where the anime ends and. so much fun stuff in store

i'm just like, follow your heart (coughreadthemanga)

it's funny because I've never even watched the anime minus listening to some scenes for the seiyuu. from my understanding they cut half the material anyway

also ive thoroughly learned from reading you and starletka's comments just where the anime ends and. so much fun stuff in store

I think the worst part about the anime thinking on it, is the concept artist actually put a GREAT DEAL of effort into the animal designs:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-f...news&referrer=editorial_cr_broadcastprem_news

These look very good, it's a real shame the anime butchered it with CGI.

Take a break. You make the rest of us look bad.
7trT.gif

tfw you're only a few volumes behind starletka.

Taste test of Golden Kamuy-

I have only read the first chapter of the series, to see whether or not I wanna invest money into it. I think i will. The story and character designs have caught my interest.

I have so far been introduced to Sugimoto Saichi and Asirpa.

Sugimoto has an interesting ability, but so far I don't know if the immortality is superhuman or just really good luck, guess i'll see when I read more. His backstory, as to why he's so desperate for money, is sad and makes me feel for him. He wants to help his dead friend's widow and her child be secure and to get the wife to a doctor in the US.

Asirpa seems quite calm and level headed for a child, unlike Saichi who is much more temperamental. I wonder how those two will get along as things go on.

The backstory of the gold that the drunk told Saichi before his.. untimely demise was quite interesting. The way the coded map works and how the man was gonna backstab the prisoners that he promised a portion of the gold to was dark and made a lot of sense. If the man would do anything to keep his gold to himself it makes sense that he would put the maps on the men in a way that he could skin them and put the map together.

Side note - I have a bad problem with eye things. Like someone getting their eyes gouged, so it was fun seeing exactly that a few pages in.

177-179
Backstory time. Good enough for me.
Aww, shucks. Not the baby.
Wait. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Tsurumi? What? What?? That's it? That's the whole of Tsurumi's mysterious background? A dead wife? Seriously? I mean, the spy thing is interesting, but I refuse to believe this is what brought him over to "the dark side". Tsurumi doesn't deserve stockpile background, come on. What happened before he became a spy is what interests me.

184-188
Ogata, don't you dare! Don't. You. Fucking. Dare. (Notice how he gets down to her level instead of talking down to her)
Oh, hey, it's the Russian lady! At least we know Tsukishima is so ripped from carrying all that emotinal baggage.
I don't think Ogata has ever been so full of shit like he's being right now, and that's saying something, considering he's full of shit on like every other page.
We also know why Ogata is so ripped. Thanks for the reminder.

Holy fuck. But ... well ... if there's one thing the manga taught me is that no matter how mortal the wound Ogata gets, he's always going to be fine in the next chapter, so ... no way is he dead, and I expect he'll be back to full strength soon with his eye perfectly healed ... right? But jesus, right in the sniper eye that he uses for sniping. And that smile's gotta haunt you.

Man, that fucking stupid piss joke came at the exact right moment after all this intensity. Made me burst out laughing. :D

189-191
Tsukishima always exploding.
Too bad about Kiroranke. He was a rat bastard, but an interesting one. Definitely more layered than the anime showed him to be (since he was barely there). RIP.
I sure hope we see Sofia again.
Did Nikaido heal up? His head looks normal.

192-195
Dicks. Dicks everywhere. Left and right. He even fucking puts the speech bubble right next to it, so you have to look at it.
tenor.gif

Oh, it's Toni Anji. He lives! I'm glad.
I also don't think Tsurumi would feel the need to kill Asirpa once the whole gold business is resolved, unlike Hijikata, but who knows. Wilk was the reason his own daughter was killed, after all.
Yeah, I would be scared if someone spread their butt-cheeks at me.
Kikuta is pretty damn cool.
I'm sure Usami is more terrifying than anything they could meet in that cave/forest.

196-200
You know something's up when Nikaido is the sane one in the room.
Told you Ogata would be fine. He's regrowing the eye as we speak. Holy fuck when he was hiding behind the door, though.

Oh, hey, I know that flashback. I've seen plenty of screenshots from it already, since everyone's drooling over Tsurumi in it. :DD Nothing Tsurumi ever does is coincidence. You know he planned the whole thing, even without Ogata obviously being part of it. I think this part is where the manga was around the time I got into GK, because I saw it a lot of back then.
Tsurumi, always lurking in the background, always ready to supply you with more daddy issues. But he did end up helping Koito out in more way than one, I guess.

Ogata's dick. Take a shot. And that taunt. :D Sugimoto can't shoot for shit.

Boom! 200 chapters! Boner!

@Starletka remember when I said I was gonna read last weekend? I lied. I read this weekend instead.

Chapters 161 to 170
Oooh, sniper duel, and Ogata's a snake, as usual. Pew pew pew good thing the Erinyes are not a thing in Golden Kamuy, lest he be hunted by them forever.

Oh, Shiraishi, using Asirpa's weird scatological fascination to try and run away, but you had to keep your promise to Sugimoto.

I'm getting an intense big dick energy from Sonja.

There was also a lot of reveals about Kiroranke being part of an assassination plot, but I can't really bring myself to care about him. We all know Ryu and Tanigaki are GOAT.

Back