Golden Kamuy

@Starletka chapter 165 is absolutely my favourite gk chapter of all time i'm glad you read it. so much. ogata to ruminate on

the drama!
the fratricide!

i was going to link you to a fanwork and then realized it was unintentionally spoilery of fututre events. whoops. one day

@Starletka chapter 165 is absolutely my favourite gk chapter of all time i'm glad you read it. so much. ogata to ruminate on

the drama!
the fratricide!

i was going to link you to a fanwork and then realized it was unintentionally spoilery of fututre events. whoops. one day
Well, I had to go back and look at it again :D It's hard to pick a favourite chapter, but this one is definitely up there
tumblr_p4h7opjCHE1ril6qvo1_1280.png

166-169
I'm so glad the old man didn't die. The background characters fall like flies all the time, so it's nice to see someone making it, for a change.
Damn, the ominous omen. Not sure who's going to die, but I'm quite certain it's not going to be Ogata, because he should have been dead like 10 times already. Asirpa's deffo not dying, and Shiraishi ... is a comic relief, isn't he? So, Kiro? Is Kiro going to die? Because of Shiraishi?
Warm them up with your boobs, Tanigaki.
The flashbacks are killing me. Stop it with the feels, dammit!
"Sushka" as in sušenka (or sushenka, if you will)? As in biscuit? Could be. "Pechka" as in pec. :D Yeah, Russian is similar to Czech.
Spasibo. Vkusno! :D
I keep forgetting that Tanigaki used to be in the 7th division.
Sofia is already awesome.

170-172
Ogata doing the hair thing even when wearing a hat :D
Awwwwwhhhhhh. The softest hinna. He's really projecting his feelings on Asirpa, isn't he? Don't you dare harm a hair on her!
Sugimoto's group didn't have copies of Ushiyama's and Ienaga's tattoos?

Praise me guys, PRAISE THE SUN. I'm bored so I'm finally starting a golden BOOOOOONAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars run. I hope I can at least get through a good chunk and not procrastinate. I'm only a year late here lol

Volume 1:

I've gotta be honest, it kind of took a bit of time for the anime to grow on me when I was watching, but the manga is more of an instant sell right from the get go with the art improvement and action, everything is just better. This is complete BONARS and so is over the top violence.

"My father was good with his hands, that's why he was popular with the ladies" Uh-huh Aspira..............talk about bragging about his big dick energy.

I don't think I'd ever eat squirrel brains or have the guts to even if I'm an advocate of trying new and different types of food, I'm sorreh. This series is pretty high on the animal abuse like Jojo, PETA would have a word with them.

When Shiraishi and Sugimoto got wet, it made me think to myself what a fucking evil prank it would be to randomly splash someone with a cold bucket of water in such a snowy sub zero place. That whole thing was hilarious as they scramble for warmth although personally, I believe they should have warmed up by using each other's bodies if you catch my drift. *gay wink*

What a fool I was back then thinking Tsurumi was an initially weak character when in reality he's one of the best characters ever. I'm looking forward to his gloriousness.

Last edited:
Praise me guys, PRAISE THE SUN. I'm bored so I'm finally starting a golden BOOOOOONAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars run. I hope I can at least get through a good chunk and not procrastinate. I'm only a year late here lol

Volume 1:

I've gotta be honest, it kind of took a bit of time for the anime to grow on me when I was watching, but the manga is more of an instant sell right from the get go with the art improvement and action, everything is just better. This is complete BONARS and so is over the top violence.

"My father was good with his hands, that's why he was popular with the ladies" Uh-huh Aspira..............talk about bragging about his big dick energy.

I don't think I'd ever eat squirrel brains or have the guts to even if I'm an advocate of trying new and different types of food, I'm sorreh. This series is pretty high on the animal abuse like Jojo, PETA would have a word with them.

When Shiraishi and Sugimoto got wet, it made me think to myself what a fucking evil prank it would be to randomly splash someone with a cold bucket of water in such a snowy sub zero place. That whole thing was hilarious as they scramble for warmth although personally, I believe they should have warmed up by using each other's bodies if you catch my drift. *gay wink*

What a fool I was back then thinking Tsurumi was an initially weak character when in reality he's one of the best characters ever. I'm looking forward to his gloriousness.
giphy.gif

They only kill animals to eat them/survive, so I'm not sure if it's technically animal abuse. Idk.

Volume 1:

Never underestimate some good old manual dexterity.
giphy.gif

They only kill animals to eat them/survive, so I'm not sure if it's technically animal abuse. Idk.
Except for that one dude.

Volume 2:

That bear fucking MAULING OFF that dude's face. Holy shart, that was terrifying beyond belief and brutal with his face peeled off like a banana and he was somehow still moving a bit after that. It makes me kinda sad we don't get to see this kind of amazing detail in the anime and gore.

Retar is such a good boi and so adorable while being cool as hell as a giant ass wolf. Also, I'm so glad that cute bear cub didn't get eaten right on the spot, Aspira licking her lips like that was too worrying for me. I feel for Sugimoto.

Learning about the Ainu culture is pretty fascinating and I like learning things, I could do without seeing the animals being skinned and eyeballs being eaten though on this cooking show lmao.

Is it bad I burst out laughing when dick sensei used that prostitute as a ninja star?

Tsurumi is such a crazy fucking nut and shit is hitting the FAN and getting super intense here. Sugimoto just going all out in this scrappy brawling.

Last edited:
Volume 3:

Shiraishi's flexibility is too amazing for words, he could certainly put those talents to good use............in bed, that is. Can't.Contain.My.Gay.Thoughts. Must write gay fan fiction.

Sugimoto using someone else's guts to pull one over Tsurumi and escape. #YOLO SWAG

Tsurumi just does a barrel roll off his horse after it gets put out of commission and just runs after Sugimoto, this man is basically an unstoppable terminator. Also that skin tattoo shirt, he is just flexing even more of his class.

That shocked horse was objecting so hard with that NEIGH, poor horse didn't even know what hit them.

Did I mention I have a fetish about bad ass old men? Those Shinsengumi man.

The hunter makes his grand appearance and it's a beautiful start to BOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS ville.

These volumes are really going by fast for me. It's so easy to binge this manga.

Last edited:
Volume 4:

You have to feel bad for hunter dude's doggo, although the fact Retar has a whole family is unbelievably adorable, little retars are too much for my heart to handle.

Tsurumi doing literal hitler poses as he makes his grandiose speech is an amusing visual detail:
84e65de8272781ee3a4a40e12921f09302838172.jpg

Chase scene is still easily the best part about this volume though, so much fucking fun. Ushiyama tripping a whole damn HORSE to assert dominance.

Tsurumi really likes touching dead bodies doesn't he.

Shiriashi getting bitten on the head by another animal as a running gag never gets old for me.

Henmi just showing off his deviant glowing bonAR in prison, I love this creepy psycho.

Man, they really leave out so much background information in the anime though. This is really more of the complete experience.

Last edited:
Man, they really leave out so much background information in the anime though. This is really more of the complete experience.
Plus the awful CGI bear animation. But even with the tuned down violence and skipping most of the running jokes and the characters' pasts and stuff, I'd say the beginning is still fairly faithful to the source, at least compared to what is yet to come. It really does get worse, when they start skipping full arcs and just simplify everything to fasten the pace. And the worst part is the animated action scenes that are just PURE CHAOS, blink and you'll miss what actually happened. In hindsight, the anime was really fucking awful. The only thing it adds is the brilliant voice acting.

Volume 5:

The gayness just fucking asplodes all over the place at this point. I don't think I've seen a fight that could possibly be gayer than the one between Sugimoto and Henmi. OMG HE IS PENETRATING ME WITH HIS STURDY BAYONET. His boner is going out of control with his weird death fetish. Also "I'll remember you every time I look at your tattooed skin" such a romantic line, I wish someone would say something that romantic to my face.

The Ogata sniper fight was just the definition of cool as fuck and tense. Also, BONER, I had to rub my eyeballs twice to believe he actually said that. What better way to proclaim victory over your enemies.

Shiraishi makes a damn fine mermaid, and that plot twist was quite a doozy with Aspira.

Volume 6:
The murder hotel was honestly one of my favourite episodes ever in the anime and it's no different here. Ienaga is basically buffalo bill and the absolutely chaotic shenanigans is too hilarious and entertaining for mere words. Dick sensei going all in on his ragingly powerful horniness. Also his dick speech to Aspira, and Aspira's face about the dick she saw, never fails to make me laugh. Ushiyama talks about gentlemanly dicks but I'd say he's ironically not very gentlemanly tho lmao. It has everything man, dick jokes, explosions, judo and a convoluted scooby doo building structure. What more could you even ask for?

The Hijikata western showdown/Yojimbo arc was honestly a lot more enjoyable here in the manga than the anime OVA to me with twisty turny faction stuff, like 10 times better. Being Ogata is pain as he gets shot again. Was Ogata just made to SUFFER.

Last edited:
I'm going to read one more volume before I go to sleep.

Volume 7:

I'm just letting it out there that I think Inkarmat is hot as fuck. What a total babe.

Of course Shiraishi's first thought is using her for gambling.

Omfg, the part with the bears and unexpected twist with the gay yakuza. They went truly next level with the gay to make it as LITERAL as possible:

giphy.gif

You have no idea how happy that made me. I was actually pretty sad when those gay yakuza died, they're love was so beautiful. PRINCEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS,

Soon, I will be caught up with you guys. #Soon

Last edited:
@Gens I suspect you just browse through the volume and dig up your memories of the anime, because no one reads that fast.
I absolutely loved the gay yakuza arc, because it starts off so serious and tense, but with just one single sentence it turns into utter unexpected hilariousness.

I know I should continue, too, but I just don't feel like reading anything lately.

@Starletka
lol, well
thank you for sharing. the ogata-kiro teamup is interesting! good times!

Reading comments about GK made me want to continue my reread, so

Ah.... Tsurumi is so intimidating here.

I didn't initially really appreciate the Tanigaki-Inkarmat romance subplot, but I'm enjoying it a bit more now.

oh kiro. your plots.

asirpa actually trusts ogata enough to believe him without queston here.... [clutches chest]

'we are missing brain buddies' 'we are missing parts friends' still feels like a meme edit

'the moment i was shot... i sensed it was him' gay

the fucking peak comedy of ogata smugly going 'i bet sugimoto is alive. i bet he wants to kill me'
and sugimoto immedidately going im GOING TO KILL OGATA AND KIRORANKE

'he wants to know why he has to leave your side sir' gay

just completely abandoned your orphan tagalong huh tanigaki? poor kid

but at least he gets to meet a friend

all the saucy tanigaki pics are a gold gag tbqh

fuckng sugimoto groping tanigaki and telling him he's too plump

'she smiled and said hinna' and sugimoto's smile. they really do have a precious strange relationship

142-144
enjoy the sparkly eyed art through violence prisoner.

tanigaki's dick is huge

145-148
was always happy sparkly eyed prisoner got to live

also...... of course, he's sugimoto the immortal!!

honestly i really do feel bad for nikaidou at every turn the poor fucker

@Gens I suspect you just browse through the volume and dig up your memories of the anime, because no one reads that fast.
I absolutely loved the gay yakuza arc, because it starts off so serious and tense, but with just one single sentence it turns into utter unexpected hilariousness.

I know I should continue, too, but I just don't feel like reading anything lately.
I blast through volumes of manga way faster than I do anime. I'm glad I inspired people to read. :dankface:

-----
Volume 8:

Tsurumi is so good at getting men to fall in love with him and adding members to his gay harem, what fucking CHARISMA this chad has. Just charms the pants off a total deranged psychopath. This is where I was 200% sold on Tsurumi's character. Edogai? Are we sure that's not edoGAY. The human skin fashion show still holds the most wtf am I even looking at reaction to me, Japanese Norman Bates right here. There is no segment better to take out of context than this one.

Is there anything manlier than having your child's name be BONER. I don't think so.

The mine cart chase was great but it sure felt pretty surreal and surprising with that one miner woman you see with her tits just flopping out in something as gay and bara as Golden Kamuy.

Ogata is one of those really tricky dudes where you can never tell where the hell his loyalties lie or what he's thinking and that makes him pretty interesting.

Edogay dies, but even if he was a total nutcase. You have to respect how far he went for Tsurumi. *single tear drop* Pour one out for skin man.

Back