Golden Kamuy 2nd Season

The beginning was so sweet, with everyone just chilling, but then it got to "oooh, shit" very quickly.
Awww, Ogata's soft chitatap :D
It's so like them to be discovered the moment they enter.
I'm kind of sad Usami isn't there anymore, because that would be something.
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesuuuuuuuus Christ. Chills. Chills everywhere.
What a brilliant, brilliant episode.
*must not watch the remaining episodes*
*must save episodes*

23-24
tumblr_inline_p6yrqbdzD41v1477k_500.png

You know what I absolutely love about Tsurumi, apart from him being utterly bonkers and entertaining? That he's always there in the frontlines whenever something is happening, and he's 100% willing to put his life on the line to achieve his goal AND get his own hands dirty. He's not your usual cliché, stay-in-cover-and-protect-himself-at-all-cost-using-his-men-to-do-everything-for-him commander.

I also love how the show manages to be hilarious, even in super serious moments. :D
At this rate Nikaido will just be a head. You really have to feel bad for the guy.
Ogata, you absolute and utter bastard ... you are still my second favourite character.

Pff. Take my 9/10 you doofus anime, especially for the last 3 episodes. The manga is better, but hell, if I wasn't entertained by you. The voice acting is top notch.

Episode 1:
Such a macabre fashion show, so many amazing screenshots you could get. Figures Tsurumi would get along so famously with Edogai.

They're casting some doubt on Kiroranke, but at the same time, the biggest finger pointer was talking directly with Tsurumi... the plot thickens :o

Episode 2:
RIP Edogai-kun. You were only with us for two short episodes, but you and your... unique... sense of fashion will always be remembered. Possibly in our nightmares.

What, don't tell me you've never gone out in your polar bear suit with your necronomipurse before. That's so in right now.

uc

Asirpa is Jesus confirmed. I wonder if any information could be inferred by looking at who is in which apostle's place at the table... Especially a certain one that starts with "J" and ends with "udas Iscariot."

And now we have 6 fake skins in the mix that only Tsurumi knows how to identify... but Tsurumi only received five. Which begs the question: is the last fake the one that was left behind? And what was with that ominous shot of Tsukishima at the end?

No really, I don't remember...

Episode 3:
This episode had some really fun new character interactions. This is why I love the food scenes: we get to watch the characters just take a load off and lean fully into the goofiness for a few minutes. Not to mention the great faces XD

Asirpa really likes eating brains...

That scene with Hijikata and Shinpachi meeting at the prison, and seeing them de-aged as they spoke... that was some good shit. Also, it didn't escape me that Shinpachi's younger voice was very obviously the same as Hijikata in Gintama.

Episode 4:
I love how Hijikata knew all he had to do to get Shiraishi's attention was pose as a candy salesman. Also everyone's goofy image of him that was enough to just go "eh, we don't need him..."

Shotgun foot! Also strange looking complete rando walking in at exactly that particular moment XD

Well... that's an interesting choice of disguises for Sugimoto... and no that's not a spoiler, you could clearly see the scar on his lip in that last shot.

Last edited:
Episode 2.
Not much for me to say about this episode, other than I didn't expect Edogai to die so early.

Episode 3.
I agree with Mist on the food scenes, and will add that they're my favorite part of the show. The food faces are meme worthy material. xD

Episode 4.
That ending tho…

Also, I have a speculation about the old Samurai: I'm wondering if he's actually *insert dramatic music* Asirpa's grandfather or great grandfather. O_O

Last edited:
Episode 4.
That ending tho…

Also, I have a speculation about the old Samurai: I'm wondering if he's actually *insert dramatic music* Asirpa's grandfather or great grandfather. O_O
I don't think they really could make that twist happen, as interesting as it would be. Hijikata is a real, famous historical figure who in real life died in battle at the age of 34, and as far as I can find had no children. This show had him instead secretly imprisoned and only believed dead by the public, in which case he still wouldn't have really had much chance to sire an offspring... I mean, that isn't to say the show couldn't make something up, but it would be hard to make the genetics work, since he's Japanese, where Asirpa as far as we've been told here is half Ainu and half Russian (remember, they suggested that Nopperabo had come from Russia and posed as an Ainu to get the gold).
--------------------------------------------------

Episode 5:
Sugi and Asirpa having a feels jam inside a deer carcass was... surprisingly emotional for a scene happening inside a deer carcass XD But hoo boy did that promise to share some dried persimmons when it's all over feel like a big ol' honkin' death flag...

I'm impressed they managed to make that plan come as close to going smoothly as it did... especially considering they didn't even bother to make up a fake name for Sugimoto O-o

That post-credits shot.

I don't think they really could make that twist happen, as interesting as it would be. Hijikata is a real, famous historical figure who in real life died in battle at the age of 34, and as far as I can find had no children. This show had him instead secretly imprisoned and only believed dead by the public, in which case he still wouldn't have really had much chance to sire an offspring... I mean, that isn't to say the show couldn't make something up, but it would be hard to make the genetics work, since he's Japanese, where Asirpa as far as we've been told here is half Ainu and half Russian (remember, they suggested that Nopperabo had come from Russia and posed as an Ainu to get the gold).
--------------------------------------------------

I was not aware he was an actual historical figure, so that's cool. :) I thought Ainu had Japanese blood/genes in them somehow, so that's part of why I wondered. I guess Hijikata just has a soft spot for children, (or at least when it comes to Asirpa) or he's possibly acting. I haven't read the Golden Kamuy manga, (yet) so a lot of things that's obvious to those that have read the manga, and/or watched the show previously, I'm still learning about. :sweat:Anyway, I'm glad I decided to finally watch this series, as not only do we get to learn about Japanese culture, but specifically Ainu culture, which I've never seen another anime or manga do. It actually makes me want to research on the subject in more detail. ^^

Episode 5.
No, I'm not tearing up over the feels fest with Sugimoto & Asirpa, I just have dust in my eyes...

Ironically, I was watching a documentary on YouTube last night about all the various types of Persimmon's in Japan! o:

Ah yes, just what I needed to see, Shiraishi's head sticking out of a deer's ass... What's next, Asirpa pretending to be a zombie, because she loves brains? :laugh: (If that isn't a thing, there needs to be a meme of Zombie Asirpa, I'm just sayin'. x'D )

@OkamiHime95 I can't (effectively) quote your post quoting me because it got messed up... but just to clarify, by my understanding (and keep in mind I am by no means an expert) the Ainu are sort of like Native Americans, but in Japan and parts of Russia. You really don't hear much about them, and I assume it was probably a case of the Japanese government screwing them over, and then just kind of avoiding the subject...
-------------------------------------

Episode 6:
Golden Kamuy bringing on the feels these past couple episodes! :o This whole episode was basically just Tanigaki's backstory, and man that was great. Poor Fumi tho...

Episode 8:
Oh my O-O That sea otter is potent stuff...

And now the mystery around Nopperabo and the death(?) of Asirpa's father becomes even more entangled and... well, mysterious.

Well, that seems like a totally responsible way of dealing with the problem, surely this lie won't come back to haunt him in any way whatsoever. Nope, no way.

Episode 9:
Of course the hot springs episode would involve a lot of fanservice. But only in Golden Kamuy is it all manservice, and then they just spend pretty much the entire rest of the episode running around naked O-o And they were sure to strategically place plenty of mushrooms...

Episode 10:
Shit's getting serious now :o They're in the prison, Tsurumi brought a destroyer, and it's prime time for shaky or false allegiances to turn sour. LET'S GOOOO!!

It was only a moment, but Asirpa repelling in Mission Impossible style amused me.

Episode 11:
Awwww man, shit's getting WILD up in this prison! :o

"We're putting in a switch that simultaneously unlocks every cell in the whole prison."
"Umm, isn't that a little risky?"
"Shut up new guy, this is definitely going to come in handy one day, mark my words!"

Oh god why is it always the cheeks, what does this show have against Sugimoto's cheeks? *shivers*

Tanigaki Genjirou: scourge to button-down shirts everywhere.

Episode 12:
What a finale. This was a great place to break for the season, and gives us plenty to look forward to.

So, Nopperabo truly was Asirpa's father, and claims he didn't kill the Ainu... but who did? Was it Kiroranke, or someone else?

Asirpa and Shiraishi are left alone with a pair of traitors who they don't know can't be trusted... Even if Kiroranke didn't intend to stab Inkarmat, it's clear that he's in league with Ogata and knows what really happened... what is their aim?

Can't wait for season 3! Fortunately, I won't have to wait very long...

Last edited:
I tell ya, I thought episode 10 & 11 were "WOW!" but episode 12? Man, that was something else.

I almost teared up when Sugimoto almost died, but thankfully he lives (no pun intended) up to his nickname.

Y'know, when the whole "who's the traitor?" thing started, I kept thinking to myself "Kiroranke is the one." I felt sketchy about Ogata too, but I thought he was just gonna end up being like a secret double agent, (yes, I know he technically was one in a sense, but hear me out) and end up literally backstabbing the bad guys, & still helping out Sugimoto & the gang. (Though that most likely won't happen.) I was suspicious of Inkarmat for awhile, but I ended up liking her as the show progressed. Hijikata I have mixed feelings about; I find him cool, but at the same time, it's like "is he going to betray too?"

I'm wondering who killed the Ainu too, if it wasn't Nopperabo/Wilk. My guess is either Kiroranke, Tsurumi, or Hijikata. (Though the most likely imho is Tsurumi or Kiroranke. :\ )

Anyone know the exact date season 3 is supposed to come out? I know it's next month, but is an exact date confirmed? o:

Back