Golden Kamuy 2nd Season

Where can I learn how to
catch a bayonet with my teeth?

Pretty sure you need to fight against the Russians in the cold of winter for that.

Episode 23:

Goddamnit, I just realized it's almost over. I love this show way too much to see it go next week. ;-; They better announce season three or I'll be seriously pissed.

As for the episode itself, it was pretty good, with lots of the usual twists and turns. Unfortunately, some of the fight scenes weren't as animated as they deserved to be, lessening their impact. I am also royally confused about that "Release all the prisoners at once!" switch they just have... lying around there. Like, I can see why they have it, and it certainly worked, but isn't having something like that just out in the open kind of stupid? There's one of those in Breath of the Wild too, but that's a video game on a Nintendo console.

Apart from those gripes, I love where this is going. Still trying to piece together who set up whom at the moment. As far as I can gather, Hijikata was being the bastard he always is (Gintama's Okita was right on that one), but Inkarmat was also working with Lt. Tsurumi all along. I'm a little disappointed in Tanigaki for still working with her after realizing that, but I guess that's what love does to you. That leaves Kiroranke to actually be one of the good guys. Unless he has some kind of plan too. We'll see. Has anybody seen Ogata?

Where can I learn how to
catch a bayonet with my teeth?
I think I'd rather learn how to
hqdefault.jpg

Has anybody seen Ogata?
Last we knew, he was lurking in the woods and supposed to be playing ranged support with his rifle...

That leaves Kiroranke to actually be one of the good guys. Unless he has some kind of plan too.
I still don't trust him after they put him in the Judas position in that Last Supper scene... And let's not forget, he was alone with Hijikata awhile back, and they never showed us what happened with that... all we know at this point is that they both came back and Hijikata appears to be pulling a double-cross... Kiroranke could be working with him, or even playing both sides for his own ends...

Season 2 final thoughts:
This has got to be one of the most improved 2nd seasons for an anime. Animation, pacing, character development, yep, feel pretty happy about this season. So it looks like Ogata and Kiroranke were the traitors after all. Now with Sugimoto still alive and pissed off, there will be blood to pay now. Love the romance between Tanigaki and Inkarmat! Overall happy and waiting for a 3rd season now. 4.5/5 for me!

OK BUT THERE'S GOING TO BE A 3RD SEASON RIGHT?!

I agree with @Ebonyslayer , the second season is an improvement over the first one even though there were some things I think the first season did better than the second season did, comedy wise. The story was solid as fuck and even most of the art gripes I had in the first season were fixed or much improved in this season.

Of course Sugimoto didn't die. Though I did gasp and say "Oh fuck" out loud when both he and Wilk were shot.

What a ride. I need more.

I'm going to actually give this season a 4/5, this was a damn good time and an improvement upon the first season in every way.

I'm really impressed this time by you Golden Kamui. Also, you can never go wrong with more homoerotism. This was even GAYER, than the first season.

Double post becuase I'm worth it

I finally finished this series and it was a big improvement over the first season, It was crazier, more intense, and overall funnier. It gets a solid 4/5 from me and I can't wait for a third season (pls Geno make it soon).

Alright, I'm only 4 days late...

@FunkyTim I fuckin' told you Kiroranke was a traitor! Ogata was a good call though, seeing how he was part of it too :o

And now the tides have even turned such that Sugimoto and Tsurumi are working together? I love seeing how the different characters in this show interact, so I'm totally down for that.

Season 3 when pls?

Oh, my, all the green is so beautiful.
Everyone has the same reaction when seeing a cat. xDD
I actually already read the Edogay part of the mango, so I knew what I was in for, but it was still hilarious. :D
Gotta admire Tsurumi, though, for just walking in like that and surviving the whole thing. If he wasn't my favourite before already, he would be now. I love how you can never tell whether he's just being manipulative or genuinely interested. A bit of both, probably.
Inkarmat has a good taste.

Now that's an OP. The song is worse, but the animation is much livelier. I don't like the new ED.
Ffs Edogai. Keep it in your pants for 2 minutes. And why a polar bear, you doofus? :DD
Tsukishima is great, too, Dick-sensei for the win, and I feel bad for Edogai.
And Ogata is dead. Again.
I spy with my little eye Kiroranke as Judas. Huh. The last episode made his shadiness pretty obvious already.

Whoa, the OP changed.
Now that I've started reading the manga, I find the action even more chaotic.
Man, Ogata is shit in close combat. :D
I'm enjoying all the Dick-sensei and Ienaga in the background. I ship it.
Damn, you really have to feel bad for Nikaido. :(
Ogata seems to be the only one with a brain. I'd tell Asirpa to gtfo, too.

I love how the groups keep reshuffling.
I think I found the first character that I don't like. Man, is that boner kid annoying or what?
Of course Tsurumi would bring flowers. That manipulative bastard :D
I've seen the hospital scene like 50 times already, but it's still hilarious. :DD Congratz, Nikaido.

Oh, no. Not the granny. :( When Tanigaki said he was her child, that was really sweet.
A dead sister? Still better than a dead mom or wife, but in the end it's all the same. No, wait, there it is. There's the dead mom. Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the dead wife. Boom. Cliché complete.
Is there anyone in this show who doesn't have a tragic backstory?

Good pupper is good.
Koito, you disaster gay you. :D
Aaaaaand another dead woman to give our male protagonist tragic backgrounds. *takes a shot* That said, Ogata is really fucked. And of course Tsurumi would be there to use everything for his own gain. Also, that leg stroking. No wonder half of his unit is in love with him. :D
The ending is somehow starting to grow on me. Weird.

What am I going to do with my life when I finish this? I mean, the manga is better, but still...

TANIGAKI IS A GOOD BOY!
Sea otter? Oooooooooohhhhhhhh boiiii. I know where this episode will be going. :DDDD
R.I.P. Ogata again. Died of horniness this time.
:lenny::lenny::lenny: Good times.
The soundtrack rather makes that scene. :DD
Someone said that pretty much every guy in the series is a bottom, and I wanted to argue, but honestly... you really can't. Maybe Tsurumi, but otherwise...
New kid has an impressive eyeliner. I already like you, Usami. :D

If you ever feel like the sumo scene is taking it too far, remember that there's a guy in the manga who straight up fucks a bear (chapter 112) who they cut out of the anime, although he's the biggest hero in the entire series.
If you're not reading the manga, you're missing out on a lot. A LOT, a lot.

In case you didn't think the sumo was gay enough, here comes the onsen. :D
The censorship in this show is absolutely brilliant.
See, maybe if you incorporated more than that one flashback from Sugimoto's past, you would have more scenes to show.
Usami has such a great VA. :DD
I was so worried they were going to skip over the Tanigaki photoshoot. :D

Back