Gojira Discussion

Trailer #2

The sheer size of King Ghidorah and that ending scene. Fuck me, I am HYPED beyond any comprehension.

Gotta hand it to them, they got the monster designs down at least. Very much looking forward to 5 minutes of blurry monster fights inbetween 2 1/2 hours of military/family drama. Ken Watanabe providing the trailer line again cracked me up tbh.

Gotta hand it to them, they got the monster designs down at least. Very much looking forward to 5 minutes of blurry monster fights inbetween 2 1/2 hours of military/family drama. Ken Watanabe providing the trailer line again cracked me up tbh.

I'm surprised how many familiar faces are in the trailer. It seems like a lot of people want in on the schlock monster movie. It's a good indicator of how times have changed. Even back in the 90 or early 2000s no actor with a recognizable name would want a part in a movie where the main draw is a giant radioactive lizard.

I'll probably just wait for home to release to see this because John Wick comes out the same month.

I'm surprised how many familiar faces are in the trailer. It seems like a lot of people want in on the schlock monster movie. It's a good indicator of how times have changed. Even back in the 90 or early 2000s no actor with a recognizable name would want a part in a movie where the main draw is a giant radioactive lizard.
Somewhere Matthew Broderick and Jean Reno are crying.
I'll probably just wait for home to release to see this because John Wick comes out the same month.
Now that is a sequel I can get behind!

Seriously though, I hope that whoever does KotM now took notes from fan's complaints about the first one and cuts down the high drama bullshit and military advertising.

Somewhere Matthew Broderick and Jean Reno are crying.Now that is a sequel I can get behind!

You'd think a movie where Ferris Bueller and Leon the Professional team up to take on Zilla would be at least a little bit of fun. Roland Emmerich is such a hack.

You'd think a movie where Ferris Bueller and Leon the Professional team up to take on Zilla would be at least a little bit of fun. Roland Emmerich is such a hack.

Now I want a remake where Norman Stansfield goes after Godzilla (would be a short movie though). Most epic order of fish lure ever.

Well, the monster count tells me there IS going to be some military/human drama, I doubt they are going to let the king take all of them down, no matter how cool that would be.

For some scenes of the trailer I expect it suffering some big wounds and humans taking care of it for some time, which I kinda hate because Godzilla should be a badass who don't need no help from no stupid human (I imagine that is how Godzilla would talk if it were capable of human speech).

For some scenes of the trailer I expect it suffering some big wounds and humans taking care of it for some time, which I kinda hate because Godzilla should be a badass who don't need no help from no stupid human (I imagine that is how Godzilla would talk if it were capable of human speech).

Well...

Call me when Godzilla starts drop kicking monsters again.

qMMH15r.gif

Rodan does not look like a friend. Maybe Mothra and Rodan will be the dogfight in the sky, while Godzilla and King Ghidorah go for the smack down on the ground.

However, a lot of the time it takes every kaiju to take on King Ghidorah.

I sorta wish they would not have jumped right to the Monster Mash-up so quickly. I'd have been just peachy with just Godzilla vs Mothra or Godzilla vs Anguirus (although is that him in the mountain?) first. Oh well, they probably want to move right along into Godzilla vs Kong.

Still, I must have watched that trailer about 20 times, and 30 more from when Ken delivers that sorta giggle worthy line to the rest of the smackdown.

Enthused to hear them use the sounds of the original pictures. (maybe slightly updated) . And, if they add a human element (which even old Godzilla did), having Millie Bobby Brown is a solid choice. At least she can act.

Oh and Z, I'll make sure to come get you if they also add in rings of "doom"
minilla.gif

I sorta wish they would not have jumped right to the Monster Mash-up so quickly. I'd have been just peachy with just Godzilla vs Mothra or Godzilla vs Anguirus (although is that him in the mountain?) first. Oh well, they probably want to move right along into Godzilla vs Kong.

I thought this too, not sure if they are just rushing things up, or they just don't want to make many movies of Godzilla battling kaiju after kaiju.

I thought this too, not sure if they are just rushing things up, or they just don't want to make many movies of Godzilla battling kaiju after kaiju.

Legendary owns the rights until 2020 or 2021 iirc, after that Toho gets them back and they're looking to start up their own franchise again (supposedly no Shin Godzilla 2). I guess time is a factor here even though I'm more excited about Toho getting the rights back than a Legendary Godzilla vs Kong.

Back