Given

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by Zed60K, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Zed60K

Zed60K Database Moderator

Posted by Zed60K on Mar 14, 2019
  2. Zed60K

3. ShinShini

ShinShini Database Moderator

The trailer doesn't reveal that much, but at least you can say it doesn't look like shit yet. Maybe we finally get something premium gay again.

Yaoi is disappointment, so I'm only cautiously optimistic.

4. Zed60K

Posted by Zed60K on Mar 14, 2019
    Well this is a Noitamina, those tend to be decent when they're not sci fi, action, or mysteries.

5. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Mar 14, 2019
    And sports shows that aren't called Ping Pong.

6. ShinShini

ShinShini Database Moderator

This is what makes me cautiously optimistic, they have some standard of quality control.

7. Starletka

Starletka Well-Known Member

8. Starletka

I browsed through the manga and it looks pretty good. Yeah, I'm looking forward to this.

Rokuchi, Shikiya, ironspy and 2 others like this.
  9. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Looks neat or at least better than the low effort yaoi trash we usually get.

Rokuchi, jarpad, trashtaste and 4 others like this.
  10. Franconator

Franconator Well-Known Member

noitaminA, you say? Well, shit, count me in, I've always enjoyed their SOLs and down-to-earth shows.

11. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Homegirl be right, Ping Pong Club is the only non-gay but still kinda gay because they looked at Madea's horse dong sports show we need, even if PPC isn't notimA or whatever you call reverse animated.

Shikiya, Franconator and Nicknames like this.
  12. trottolina

trottolina Well-Known Member

Well I think this is more invested in the relationships between the characters than silly situations (or cliche ones) or x-rated scenes, so yes I am hopeful too.

13. Starletka

Is it summer yet?

trashtaste, Shikiya and Nicknames like this.
  14. trashtaste

trashtaste New Member

Are we finally going to get a BL anime with good animation and illustration? I am h y p e d

Rokuchi, Nicknames and daisicles like this.
  15. soleilsun

soleilsun New Member

Yaoi/Shounen-ai animes usually have terrible animation, and I hope this one isn't like that. It looks quite promising, so I hope it isn't reduced to some generic yaoi thing.

trashtaste likes this.
  16. SilverRibbons13

SilverRibbons13 New Member

This actually looks really good, I've been pretty much deprived of LGBT anime with good animation since Yuri on Ice, and the synopsis looks pretty interesting. It actually kind of reminds me of Your Lie In April? Either way, I think I can safely say that I'll be giving this a watch.

Nicknames and Starletka like this.
  17. TurkeyGami

TurkeyGami Well-Known Member

I would say you yaoi fans are lucky ducks for having Lerche do your summer anime (I had seen they were doing a thing and got excited as I always do but turns out it's this), but the director is completely unknown.

At least the visual quality will probably be 100% consistent, but that's about the only thing we can count on here.

18. jarpad

jarpad Well-Known Member

Everyone's optimism is rubbing off on me and I'm getting pretty hyped too :lenny:

Starletka likes this.
  19. Starletka

20. Megirl6473

Megirl6473 New Member

I have really loved this manga and knowing such a good BL is getting an adaptation makes me so excited I hope it is a full 1 cour series like 12 eps or even more and not just one of those ovas with 1 episode!