Genshiken Nidaime

Ep 5

Hato's Madarame BL explosion was incredible. And the way they saved Madarame's reaction for the very end was perfect, hahahaha. It's also cool to see Hato comfortably slipping back and forth between his male/female persona.

It seems like Hato is definitely not interested in Madarame personally - or at least, if so, he doesn't plan on acting on it. But is he seriously trying to cheer Madarame on into confessing to Saki? Especially when everyone already knows about it? Like they said - there's no way he'll win. Maybe it will just help him move on?

.....and fall right into HatoxMada???? That must be Hato's secret plan...

After a shaky first couple episodes, I'm solidly enjoying every minute of this now.

Seeing Madarame makes me a sad everytime.
All his energy weirdness and sparks are gone. Remember his speech about H-games, man i wish i could have that Madarame back. Hopefully the author isn't using him as a example of how (according to him) we all die inside when we get jobs , and sorta become adults to a degree

^ I think it's more that, besides being busy with work, that Madarame misses the people he experienced those things with. He even said so himself - "I don't think that's the issue (being busy with work) - for me, it's a mental issue."

I think a big part of that is that he misses the tension of being around Saki, even if he couldn't/wouldn't act on it. That's probably the only romantic tension he's had in his life.

you are right, he even mentions not seeing Kugayama since they graduated .
Really hoping he gets his mojo back
sue and madarame otaku-ing out would be awesome

Ep 6

So are people outside of Genshiken gonna find out about Hato? Or did they manage to avoid the situation?

Also, poor Madarame. And I'm curious as to other people's opinions about Kuchiki. I just can't like him, never have.

But seriously - he's so obsessed with Hato that he's willing to top Madarame for him/her? On one hand that cracks me up - but like I said, I just can't like him.

And poor Madarame.

I also can't decide if I'm really pissed at Rika for being so insensitive towards Hato - or whether to just take it as a funny inevitability, given the circumstances. I guess since Hato treats the whole situation with such care and respect, it bothers me that Rika doesn't.

EP 6

Hysterical
HY9tQmK.jpg

The main focus of this season is not really in my territory, but after two episodes that were rather meh for me for that reason things got livelier again. And the cosplay they chose for Yajimacchi, LOL!

Ep 9 + 10

Wow!

These two eps were so well written. Considering how unsure I was about this season when it started - I can't believe how incredibly into it I am now. I absolutely can't wait until next week!

Sue, as usual, gives a stellar performance. But the way those last few minutes all intertwine - from Hato to Mada to Saki - that's just good scenario planning. From the previews it looks like Saki is going to visit the club room next ep - will Mada finally spill it?!?!

Episode 11

Great episode. Madarame finally confessed (most original confession ever) and Saki being honest about her feelings. Can’t wait for next episode!!! And just bought the first 2 volumes of Genshiken Nidaime. =D

Ep 11

Well, I thought that was really beautiful - as much as a confession scene featuring Madarame can be, anyway. But seriously - when I look back now, over this season's story arc, it's really brilliant to me. I love how Madarame was injected as an ancillary character early on - and how he grew to be the main focus of the story, and in tying up what you might call the biggest loose end from the previous volumes.

So many awesome moments in this ep, I can't even name them...a lot of great voice acting too - Mada is just priceless.

Episode 12

Well, that was rather much a fall-out that could be expected, except the ending, could it be that he's accepting his feelings? But still, it would be a long shot if ...

hrm.

Episode 12

Well, that was rather much a fall-out that could be expected, except the ending, could it be that he's accepting his feelings? But still, it would be a long shot if ...

hrm.
Madarame is straight, I have no doubt about that.

Madarame is straight, I have no doubt about that.

I wasn't talking about him.

but since we have had one rejection another one in the final episode wouldn't be that far off, as I hardly believe mr. Trap has no feelings for him.

This season has upgraded more than just the animation. The show was very good for the first two seasons, but it seems to me that this season has upped it's game a bit. It's consistently funny and Hato has just been killing it as a hilarious and endearing trap character. All the anime references are fun to spot and Sue is adorable. I think this season might even make my list of favorites.

By far my favorite thing this season has been the strange friendship that has grown between Hato and Madarame. Their interactions have been very cute, but there's also substance to them. It's pushed Madarame forward.

However, I'm not too sure about what they did with Mada in the most recent episode. I liked that he got closure with Saki last episode, but now quitting his job? I'm not quite sure where they are going with this.

Sorry to all the HatoxMada shippers out there but that's one thing that isn't happening. I just want them to keep that odd friendship they've got going.

However, I'm not too sure about what they did with Mada in the most recent episode. I liked that he got closure with Saki last episode, but now quitting his job? I'm not quite sure where they are going with this.

I dunno (yet), but I hope that they don't let Madarame go through a sort regression, when he just bought a lot of otaku stuff and showed up again at the clubroom with it and just stays there all the time, but let him move on in the end. Quitting his dead-end job where he wasn't that needed anymore and at least searching for something better wouldn't be that bad a development. Maybe that gets him points with the girls, too (Kusakabe hinted at a possible harem for him, after all).

I agree. I disliked it all very much -
I'm trusting it's only a temporary thing for him, and Hato will help snap him out of it....without humping.

Sorry to all the HatoxMada shippers out there but that's one thing that isn't happening. I just want them to keep that odd friendship they've got going.

YES.

Back