General Advice Thread

The fun is that you are on the up and up and they aren't.

I love the slide first at the top with the anticipation, the heart pumping, as I slide down I get giddy and laugh at the bottom I'm still laughing and calming down a release of stress. If it was exciting and fulfilling enough I run around and climb my way back to the top happily as I go. Some times I'll go to another park take another slide there are so many types each as enjoyable as the last.

When going to the movie theater pee before you take your seat even if you don't feel the need to. Your bladder is a little asshole that knows you can't pause the movie when you need to pee an hour into the flick.

My bladder can make it through a six hour road trip with no issues, but finds it hilarious to feel full right before the climax of the movie. What a little shit.

I haven't been to a movie theater in awhile, so I may be out of the loop, but isn't that what the comically large cups are for?

Yep. And on that note, I hope you start attending theatres more often. Then familiarize yourself with the this thread.

Unless laying on your couch watching Hulu and Netflix can somehow yield a hilarious public indecency story for me to laugh at, I'm not a fan of this option.

Dully noted.

Well, I'm going to lay on my couch and watch Hulu and if I think of someway to accommodate your hilarity needs, I'll get back to you. Alright? Everyone know what their role is? Great!

tenor.gif

Maybe someone will have a use for these sometime;
When replacing water piping, stuff a bit o’ soft bread (no crusts) down both ends of the cut pipe to block any water from coming out and ruining the soldier joint. It’ll dissolve when you turn the water back on

Vinegar is a helluva rust remover; in as little as 48hrs and maybe 20min with some very fine steel wool you’ll have a newer looking item. Can also use a bit of vinegar in your laundry in place of fabric softener.

When replacing water piping, stuff a bit o’ soft bread (no crusts) down both ends of the cut pipe to block any water from coming out and ruining the soldier joint. It’ll dissolve when you turn the water back on

Vinegar is a helluva rust remover; in as little as 48hrs and maybe 20min with some very fine steel wool you’ll have a newer looking item. Can also use a bit of vinegar in your laundry in place of fabric softener.
I will 100% use these.

Could have used knowing this earlier when a pipe burst in work and caused a waterfall through the ceiling. Someone had to stand with a bucket till the plumber came along, even though the water was turned off....
Quite a few infractions today...... XP

I will 100% use these.
Another good plumbing one:
Use a bit of fine grain sandpaper on the inside of the pipe to help make sure the soldier will have more surface area to adhere to, in addition to the scratching done on the outside of the pipe.

Could have used knowing this earlier when a pipe burst in work and caused a waterfall through the ceiling. Someone had to stand with a bucket till the plumber came along, even though the water was turned off....
Quite a few infractions today...... XP
If you had a way to cut into the pipe, yeh. If it was a pinhole leak, a temporary solution is to use a waterproof putty or something similar - just stuff it over it and hopefully it’ll hold. Can make some out of potato

Uh...another tip is...
Always use the correct sized screwdriver for the screw you want to get out. Also, heat works wonders to release stuck ones without using chemicals

Another good plumbing one:
Use a bit of fine grain sandpaper on the inside of the pipe to help make sure the soldier will have more surface area to adhere to, in addition to the scratching done on the outside of the pipe.

If you had a way to cut into the pipe, yeh. If it was a pinhole leak, a temporary solution is to use a waterproof putty or something similar - just stuff it over it and hopefully it’ll hold. Can make some out of potato

Uh...another tip is...
Always use the correct sized screwdriver for the screw you want to get out. Also, heat works wonders to release stuck ones without using chemicals
Think it was more than a pinhole, was gushing down the wall through floor and ceiling into restaurant and kitchen....
Haven't the foggiest, was busy on the floor with customers. Supervisor and head chef were sorting it out till the plumber came. No idea what it was or how he fixed it. It's done now though, so hope it stays that way :)

Thought most people would know about the screwdriver heads......

Back