Gaming Discussion Thread

Please tell me you have that on dreamcast!

Also I know that feeling quite well... used to do that A LOT when I was a kid and I never finished anything xD
SKW1EZB.jpg

kZR0ws2.jpg

only the best allowed in my house

Yay! I want more dreamcast games (I only have three) but they're so expensive...
Pro skater 4 best pro skater though
I dont have many dreamcast games cuz they're hard to come by irl. if you have the right model, you can burn roms to cd-rs and play them, but im not super into that.

i havent played thps4 since it came out, so i dont remember it too greatly. i remember loving thps3 a lot tho. im currently in the market for thps3, thps4, thug, and thug2 for ps2, just not finding them.

I dont have many dreamcast games cuz they're hard to come by irl. if you have the right model, you can burn roms to cd-rs and play them, but im not super into that.

i havent played thps4 since it came out, so i dont remember it too greatly. i remember loving thps3 a lot tho. im currently in the market for thps3, thps4, thug, and thug2 for ps2, just not finding them.
I remember hearing that burned dreamcast games apparently wear out the laser but I don't know how true that is.
Pro skater 4 is the only one I've really played a lot, but I also remember playing the original on a nintendo 64 in a hospital once...

Also started Chain of Memories and my initial impression is "oh god what the hell is this combat system" @_@ I can't tell if this is actually well designed and I just suck or if this is actually terrible.

I remember hearing that burned dreamcast games apparently wear out the laser but I don't know how true that is.
Pro skater 4 is the only one I've really played a lot, but I also remember playing the original on a nintendo 64 in a hospital once...
yeah i remember thps on n64, didn't really like how it felt with the controller. tbh w/ you i think the thps was made for playstation, cuz it just felt good on those controllers. dreamcast is pretty good for thps2 tho dont get me wrong. thps2 is fun, i like playing as spiderman, but like none of the levels are quite in my favorites for thps, where as I remember the thps3 levels being amazing as fuck. also skating as darth maul was epic as hell.

also i heard that about the dreamcast laser, not sure if true but dont care enough to try.

if i recall right, there is some little compactor on dream-casts that blows up and needs replaced sometimes also. i had one once i had to goto radio shack and resolder to the board replacing the old one. i dont blame you for not being super into it. they cut alot of the content from the 1gb GD roms to fit on standard 700mb cd-rs. i think burned discs are really hard on the dreamcast also. i think i had a copy of soul calibur for dreamcast on a burnt disc and i could physically hear the damage to my laser and disc reading motor as it attempted to read it.

i think alot of the dvd drive motors, and disc read lasers on game consoles like ps2s and original xboxs are so old these days there practically dead and need replacement. i did see there is some kind of mod for dreamcasts where you remove the entire disc reading area and install some new kind of disc replacement thing that makes the dreamcast take an sd card. it looked like alot of work and seemed neat.

i just like running import games on regionfree modded consoles like my ps2. its kinda cool and feels like how i watch anime. Japanese audio and English subtitles for most all my games.....

If anyone feels like playing Assassin's Creed Unity after the Notre Dame incident, Ubisoft is giving it for free on PC this week (permanent copy). You'll need the Uplay client though
There's always a catch.

Wtf. They're remaking XIII? The original was a very underrated game.

What the fuck? No one in their right mind would make a bet on that getting a remake.

Picked up ANNO 1404 again. My go-to-game for times where I don't feel like playing anything/don't know what to play. I was interested in ANNO 1800, but they pulled it from Steam, those douchebags. I do have Uplay or what's it called, but it always takes ages to load and it's just shitty.

I hate uplay with a passion... and the girlfriend still plays 1404, it's one of her favorite games.

Been playing My Time at Portia on the Switch. I heard bad things about the performance and the loading times but it's not so bad save for the initial loading screen. There's a few stuttering here and there but in its current state I think it's pretty much playable IMO. Yeah it could sure use some more improvements but I could easily recommend the Switch version if you want it on the go.

Finally got started on Bloodborne after years of stalling and it's kicking my ass hard for sure. Souls-like games were never really my cup of tea but I can't say it's too unforgiving atm and it rather motivates you to get better. I'm also way too much in love with Yharnam and its gothic art style to get disheartened by the many deaths, the game looks like H.P. Lovecraft wrote Castlevania and that's every bit as awesome as it sounds.

My character is an old man named Peter Cushing and I like to imagine Bloodborne is the alternate ending to The Satanic Rites of Dracula where Van Helsing fucked everything up and the world was thrown into chaos.

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 is cocaine, spent hundreds of hours on it but the steam one is like some cheap weed. GOG's HOMM3 Complete is the uncut pure cocaine version.
That's the one! Keeps going back to it. Trying to get her to play some other games but she just gives me this nasty look as if she's a dog and I'm about to go steal the bone she's been chewing on.

That's the one! Keeps going back to it. Trying to get her to play some other games but she just gives me this nasty look as if she's a dog and I'm about to go steal the bone she's been chewing on.
If I got my terminology right; those Skeleton doomstacks with 100%+ Necromancy is the stuff of raging boners.

Back