Gaming Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ZetsubouKaiji, Feb 2, 2019.

1. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

It's hard to play favorites with a cast as good as FFIX's. I still think it was a shame that Freya has about as much of a role in the narrative from Disc 2 onwards as Amarant though.

Trance in IX is just kind of a weird idea in general. As in, there's no real in universe reason for why any of Zidane's allies can use it. It's like having everyone of Terra's non esper-blooded friends in FFVI be able to use the same transformation as her. That and it makes some characters worse like Quina, who gets locked out of her best abilities for a while.

Gaunter, Schizm and Gens like this.
  2. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

To quote Freya: “To be forgotten is worse than death.”

I actually wanted them to expand on what Steiner, Freya and Beatrix were doing when you left Alexandria. Feels like a missed opportunity and I think it would have been cool as fuck to see them all becoming friends over time but that’s just me personally.

Taek, Schizm and g3data like this.
  3. LateForTheSky

LateForTheSky New Member

absolute radiance is an absolute asshole. i can beat her in the hall of gods but not when it counts in the final pantheon. the climbing phase is a rng nightmare and i suck at the final phase which most people find the easiest.

LinkSword likes this.
  4. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

Played and completed the first Crash Bandicoot (Remake) over the past few days. Man, that was a tough one. Suspension bridges (and boars) can go fuck themselves after this game.

Overall it was fun and I'm glad I finally played it, though - felt like a sticking point on my to-do list, being such a classic series. I'll probably do the rest of the trilogy later down the line, but for now I think I've had my fill of dying bandicoot screams.

Gens and OkamiHime95 like this.
  5. automotivated

automotivated Well-Known Member

Finished Yakuza 7 about ten minutes ago. I enjoyed it, but now i am completely done with the franchise and i already feel so empty!! Not a fan of this empty void in my heart if im being honest.

I also finished it on the exact 4 month date since starting Y0. Its been a turbulent ride. It feels so strange not to have another game to jump right in to.

To clarify, I was playing the games on Xbox One, so I cannot play Judgement. I refuse to play Lost Judgement without playing Judgement first so for now I will suffer!

Ill probably write a longer more cohesive post about my thoughts and feelings on all the games later since its almost 1 am, but ahh. My heart hurts.

Starletka and Schizm like this.
  6. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Crash Bandicoot made me RAGE SO FUCKING HARD as a kid and was probably easily the most difficult 3D platformer I ever played. I still find it hilarious how it feels like literally anything can kill you and the numerous amount of death animations, like TNT blowing your ass up randomly is kind of gruesome lmao........

Although it basically gets easier after the first Crash game.

LinkSword likes this.
  7. Schizm

Schizm Well-Known Member

Playing Nioh 2 again with a strength/dexterity build which makes no sense but IDGAF, I want an odachi-using ninja. Also doing a heart/skill build on the side to finally give the katana some love. This game is just so perfect to get away from the whole parenting thing for a bit and slay some demons (with the occasional boss rage moments ofc).

Works way better than trying to re-play a story game like Judgement with that screaming bundle of joy beside you. Still in Chapter 1 making zero progress and so I basically can forget about Lost Judgement for now too.

Haven't attempted Celeste again. So far it didn't really click with me aside from the artstyle and music.

LinkSword likes this.
  8. SodaFox

SodaFox Active Member

Been playing Deep Rock Galactic again. Haven't played in years and they added a bunch of stuff that really has me engaged again.

9. LateForTheSky

LateForTheSky New Member

just beat a 2.5 hour speedrun of hollow knight and with that, i've gotten all achievements for the game. never thought i'd beat the PoH. i'm glad nintendo don't have achievements for their games in general cause i'm pretty ocd when it comes to being a completionist.

LinkSword likes this.
  10. AdmiralMuffin

AdmiralMuffin Well-Known Member

Got Idol Manager on Steam. I thought it'd be some Idolmaster-esque cutesy and comfy idol management game but after three hours of playing all I got was crippling debt and an all-too-real look at how shitty idol culture can be.

I'm shit at management games but I'm having fun and I love how this game takes a snarky jab at Japanese idol culture.

11. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member