Gaming Discussion Thread

Just finished The Town With No Name:

DARN. JUST ONE MORE PAGE AND I WOULD'VE FINISHED THIS BOOK!

ZoOS3TT.gif

This is the greatest death scene I've ever seen in my life.

Whoever made this game is an absolute GENIUS, light years really ahead of it's time in pure shitposting and meme value with this hilarious comedy.

ZoOS3TT.gif

Whoever made this game is an absolute GENIUS, light years really ahead of it's time in pure shitposting and meme value with this hilarious comedy.
That's not the greatest death scene of all time, THIS IS!

So I was browsing around on the internet and found out that the people who were working on Starry Expanse (a fan-made remake of Riven that's been in the works for years) is officially working with Cyan to make a full blown Riven remake:
http://www.starryexpanse.com/2019/08/15/mysterium-2019-a-very-special-announcement/

They announced this back in 2019 but I didn't hear about this until now. From the sound of things there's a good chance it could be a VR-centric remake similar to the new version of Myst. If that's indeed the case, I'm looking forward to it! Riven doesn't get nearly enough love and could really benefit from a remake.

Any MTG(Magic The Gathering) or YugiOh players around here? (The actual card games)
(If you do play on MTGArena too we might play together sometime)

With me going back to my own place and regular life, ill also go back to the long nights/afternoons playing MTG with friends and so on. A bunch of adult dudes past their twenties, some with children already and one just got married, playing around cards for kids (jk) ...

If you dont play any of these, what is the TCG/Tabletop game(s) you play the most? If you do play one ofc.

Goddammit, I almost liked your post. Why must you slander Trico, and one of the best adventure games of all time
5fa82f0b93e221765b6babb6beaeac49.gif

The cute chimera-monster-doggo-whatever is endearing and very fine, but sadly he'll have to look elsewhere for someone to teach him directions.

ZoOS3TT.gif

Probably my favorite shitpost game ever. I never get tired of seeing the cutscenes.

Limited Run Games ought to re-release this for modern consoles like they're doing with Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. :laugh:

Recently watched the Tales of Symphonia opening sequence on youtube again and gotta say, although the game optics have aged badly, Symphonia is still my favourite "tales of" game especially in regard to characters & dungeons.

With me going back to my own place and regular life, ill also go back to the long nights/afternoons playing MTG with friends and so on. A bunch of adult dudes past their twenties, some with children already and one just got married, playing around cards for kids (jk) ...

If you dont play any of these, what is the TCG/Tabletop game(s) you play the most? If you do play one ofc.
Same, played a lot of MTG into my mid-twenties with friends. Haven't played in a while, people moved away etc etc. How are you guys playing ? Physical cards or some online variant ?

Recently watched the Tales of Symphonia opening sequence on youtube again and gotta say, although the game optics have aged badly, Symphonia is still my favourite "tales of" game especially in regard to characters & dungeons.

Same, played a lot of MTG into my mid-twenties with friends. Haven't played in a while, people moved away etc etc. How are you guys playing ? Physical cards or some online variant ?
Mostly phisical cards, we hold lots of drafts and some tournents on my friend's bar. But when isnt possible to hold events or we just feel like it we also play the PC game called MTGArena, which was launched in 2019 and its quite nice actually. We just gather the laptops or straight from our homes like few days ago. We held a MTGArena Mini-tournment since we all were away on vacations and wasnt possible to be together.

In fact, MTGArena has been the way most mtg players were able to play during covid times. You couldnt do any in person games and so the PC game gainned a lot of use. I did try to do a in person draft last year during covid lockdown in Budapest but even after everyone confirmed and even payed earlier, just 2 or 3 showed up and the event was cancelled and money returned.. Ppl rly were afraid even if it was possible, but its understandable.

Mostly phisical cards, we hold lots of drafts and some tournents on my friend's bar. But when isnt possible to hold events or we just feel like it we also play the PC game called MTGArena, which was launched in 2019 and its quite nice actually. We just gather the laptops or straight from our homes like few days ago. We held a MTGArena Mini-tournment since we all were away on vacations and wasnt possible to be together.

In fact, MTGArena has been the way most mtg players were able to play during covid times. You couldnt do any in person games and so the PC game gainned a lot of use. I did try to do a in person draft last year during covid lockdown in Budapest but even after everyone confirmed and even payed earlier, just 2 or 3 showed up and the event was cancelled and money returned.. Ppl rly were afraid even if it was possible, but its understandable.
I see. It seems you guys were playing a lot bigger than me and my friends, since we never played tournaments or much outside of our friend circle. That + living very rural helped for the occasional game night during lockdown ;)
When people started to move in different regions for work / study, we mostly used the Tabletop Simulator to play online. Since you had all cards available online on the MTG websites it was the easiest and most restrictionless way to play. But of course again only possible amongst ourselves instead of an official app.

Tried to finish Drakengard finally but I'm getting way too frustrated. Ended up downloading a save file from gameFAQs cause I can't be bothered to collect all of the weapons (some of them require you to wait over 10 minutes in real time for them to show up!) and I wanted to at least attempt that notorious final boss... holy fuck. I'll say this much, it's not as bad as the final boss of Drakengard 3 since at least here you have a stable camera, but you have to have either inhumanly fast reflexes or amazing memorization skills to beat the last 20 seconds. It's not impossible to do at least since unlike Drakengard 3 it doesn't throw completely hidden shit at you but oh man it's nasty.

I don't really feel an urgent need to finish this fight since I already know how it ends (thanks to Nier) but it's... an experience that I'm ultimately glad I got through most of for lack of a better word. As far as this individual story is concerned I'll treat ending D as a sort of "true ending" since for better or worse
you do manage to stop the queen baby thing from consuming the world, even though the world is very much still fucked. Considering the way this game is it's actually quite fitting.

Back to Tsushima today for the Iki Island expansion and trying out Celeste later which I've been meaning to get to for a while now. Also still re-playing Judgment but chapter progression has been pretty slow due to how things are at home atm.

unknown.png

Definitly this was the best match ever on this server.
Joinned the match a bit later than others but still overcame everybody and surpassed them all by hundreds of objective points and kills :D
Game: Insurgency

So now I'm trying to save a rub and tug parlor with a hobo and a 59 year old driving instructor.

Yeah, this is such a great move for these Yakuza games. The last 6 should have done this, too...

EDIT: And just when I think it couldn't get any lamer, they saddle me with a new party member. A freaking bartender who fights by hitting people with her purse.
...It's like a fucking parody at this point.

Last edited:
Celeste is fun but I can't say I was ever a fan of this Super Meat Boy style gameplay, having to learn a room in and out and attempt it over and over to succeed. It's the stuff I like to do on the side in games like The Messenger or Shovel Knight with their collectibles but here it's like the whole game. Loving the art style and music but the gameplay is pretty stressful after a while tbh, especially because I'm in Chapter 5 and still don't feel like I'm improving. Don't see myself getting all the strawberries or attempting the b-side levels.

The Iki Island expansion for Ghost of Tsushima is pretty nice. It's more of the same and a shorter, more condensed experience than the main game. Think Uncharted: Lost Legacy or Spider-Man: Miles Morales content-wise.

Lost Judgement's first DLC will have Kaito as the main protagonist.

I'm still iffy about RGG doing story DLCs but I'm willing to give 'em a go if they're substantial enough. Kaito-san is a pretty cool dude so I'm intrigued. Hopefully, we get to dig deep into his backstory, and hey if this works out well maybe he could be the new star for the Judgement series if this whole mess with the talent agency goes belly up, but I guess that's just wishful thinking.

EDIT: So the DLC will be releasing next year and it'll have 10 hours of content. Okay, I'm down with that.

Last edited:
Lost Judgement's first DLC will have Kaito as the main protagonist.

I'm still iffy about RGG doing story DLCs but I'm willing to give 'em a go if they're substantial enough. Kaito-san is a pretty cool dude so I'm intrigued. Hopefully, we get to dig deep into his backstory, and hey if this works out well maybe he could be the new star for the Judgement series if this whole mess with the talent agency goes belly up, but I guess that's just wishful thinking.

It's weird for them to do this now but yeah, I'd love playing as Kaito. Was this talent agency thing regarding Yagami's actor and him being too costly?

Was this talent agency thing regarding Yagami's actor and him being too expensive?

No.

Sega wanted to port Judgement for the PC but Yagami's agency, Johnny and Associates, intervened and told Sega no because they don't want Kimura's likeness to be modified or modded or something because it's easy to do so on PC. Weird reasoning, I know. But Johnny's is a heavy hitter in the entertainment industry and they're used to things going their way and they got a lot of pull. There's a strong possibility Lost Judgement will be the last entry in the series.

No.

Sega wanted to port Judgement for the PC but Yagami's agency, Johnny and Associates, intervened and told Sega no because they don't want Kimura's likeness to be modified or modded or something because it's easy to do so on PC. Weird reasoning, I know. But Johnny's is a heavy hitter in the entertainment industry and they're used to things going their way and they got a lot of pull. There's a strong possibility Lost Judgement will be the last entry in the series.

Weird indeed. It sucks especially since Judgment "inherited" the old Yakuza gameplay style. Would be interesting to see what RGG comes up with next instead but I certainly wouldn't mind more Judgment.

Weird indeed. That sucks especially since Judgment "inherited" the old Yakuza gameplay style. Would be interesting to see what RGG comes up with next instead but I certainly wouldn't mind more Judgment.

Here's an image of the Famitsu article for the first Judgement. Johnny's ordered the magazine to blot out Takuya Kimura's picture to "protect" his image and likeness. Just shows how anal and absurd the agency can get.

dDiu1Dy.png

Here's an image of the Famitsu article for the first Judgement. Johnny's ordered the magazine to blot out Takuya Kimura's picture to "protect" his image and likeness. Just shows how anal and absurd the agency can get.

dDiu1Dy.png

Yeah, not used to talent agencies going out of their way this much. Then again being an Asian celebrity is a different thing than it is in the West it seems.

Back