Gaming Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ZetsubouKaiji, Feb 2, 2019.

1. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Taek, Nicknames and Zed like this.
  2. AdmiralMuffin

AdmiralMuffin Well-Known Member

Yeah. The investigation stuff still looks very iffy and basic to me. Hopefully, they're actually fun and less clunky this time. Tailing seems to be back much to my horror and I hope there aren't a hundred of them for this sequel. Just imagining doing tailing missions in the much bigger Ijincho area is making me wanna cry. Detective dog seems cool tho. I can never hate the detective dog.

The rest is pretty on point for me. Can't wait to build robots and be the best high school dance instructor ever.

Also, holy shit! Is that Sonic the Fighters? Oh man lol.

Schizm and LinkSword like this.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  3. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

Oh god. I hadn't thought of that.

Hopefully they'll have at least tweaked them a bit to make them less monotonous and overly long - and less frequent. I very audibly groaned whenever I saw a new tailing mission starting on the side content, and it was even worse when they did show up on the main story because that meant I'd have to redo them in my Legend Mode run.

I never minded the other investigation stuff even if it was very basic (and I already rambled about my love for the game in general), but tailing people was a massive, dragged out sticking point and needs some serious reworking to at least be palatable.

But yeah, that aside the sequel's looking awesome to me, and I can't wait to check out all the new silly minigames. I don't expect the story to reach the same heights as the first one since the major characters' arcs are already done and we're treading new, unrelated ground now - but if it's half as good, I'll be pleased.

Also: devs, give Shirosaki "Best Girl" Saori a bigger role. Pretty please? And Ayabe too, he's great but so far underutilized.

Schizm and AdmiralMuffin like this.
  4. AdmiralMuffin

Based from the story trailer, that seems to be case since it's her client that kickstarts the story of Lost Judgement.

LinkSword and Schizm like this.
  5. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Chilling out and played through VA-11 Hall-A again because it's the best game to chill with, the LGBTQ rep is still just fantastic in this. Tiddy streamer-chan makes me laugh every time and the talking doggos:
    [​IMG]

What's not to love about this? Also I ship Jill and Dana extremely hard together.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  6. Vuh

Vuh Gold Supporter

Posted by Vuh on Jul 23, 2021
    Turns out me never having time to enjoy anything actually saved me for once. I was pretty hype for Punishing Gray Raven but hadn't had the time to play it in between Arknights and Honkai Impact 3. Turns out the gacha rates for the global servers are absolute dogshit and they hide events behind a pay wall. Talk about lame. Kind of a shame, though, the gameplay trailers made it look like a fun game.

On that note, Dusk and Ash finally release for Arknights. Back-to-back, too. Jesus fuck. I've saved up so many pulls for Dusk and Saga but I want Ash and Tachanka so bad. I hope I have enough pulls by the time the Rainbow Six collab in August.

Gens likes this.
  7. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

Posted by Zed on Jul 23, 2021
    Reading up on it was fucking wild.

One guy was so well known in the company for being a creep throughout it his suite was called the Cosby suite.

I hope they sue them to the fucking dirt.

Nicknames, Vega and Gens like this.
  8. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Don't think I've been invested in a Blizzard game in quite frankly several years, and this only just reaffirms my stance in being glad that I've got no attachment to them.

The hypocrisy from Blizzard is truly astounding and I can't say I'm really shocked, considering what a massive piece of shit Bobby Kotick also is.

Nicknames, Vega and Zed like this.
  9. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

Read the twitter thread as it happened. It's pretty disgusting how little I was actually surprised by this considering how much we've heard about other large gaming or comic companies in the last few years.

------

Recently I've tried to play some newer games, but none hold my attention and each time I find myself just booting up Breath of the Wild again and spending an hour or two just exploring and blowing shit up. I'm still finding places on the map that I haven't been too, finding more ruined towns, enemy encampments I haven't come across before etc.

Of course, the hype for BOTW2 is still coursing through my veins, which definitely helps.

Vega, LinkSword and Gens like this.
  10. Jet

Jet Active Member

Posted by Jet on Jul 24, 2021
    Epic gave away Verdun for free. So I've been playing that stuff lately. Impressive atmosphere, but rather wonky performance. It's made in a way to appear a time killer too. Yet impressive how the survival mode hits home. It takes hours to garner thousands of kills, with a machine gun or not. Even though the ai is absolutely hopeless. The experience is gritty, with lots of screaming, bodies blown away, gas attacks and all that, though. Amazing how Petar Brzica, Antonina Makarova and others managed to hit such numbers irl.

11. Jet

Jet Active Member

Posted by Jet on Jul 24, 2021
    Epic gave away Verdun for free. So I've been playing that stuff lately. Impressive atmosphere, but rather wonky performance. It's made in a way to appear a time killer too. Yet impressive how the survival mode hits home. It takes hours to garner thousands of kills, with a machine gun or not. Even though the ai is absolutely hopeless. The experience is gritty, with lots of screaming, bodies blown away, gas attacks and all that, though. Amazing how Petar Brzica, Antonina Makarova and others managed to hit such numbers irl.

12. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

Done with my third RE1 playthrough.

So far I've done a Normal playthrough with Jill (just to get acquainted with the game and do 100% of the map), a speedrun with Jill (stressful but simple enough with saves) and a Knife Only run with Chris (very doable other than maybe one annoying boss).

Left to do is Real Survival difficulty, Invisible Enemies and a full run without ever saving. Real Survival sounds equal parts fun and obnoxious due to the Item Boxes not being linked, Invisible Enemies should be a cinch since I'll do it on Very Easy, and for No Saves I actually get to wreck shit with the Infinite Rocket Launcher I unlocked - finally!

AdmiralMuffin, Taek and Schizm like this.
  13. Vuh

Vuh Gold Supporter

Posted by Vuh on Jul 24, 2021
    Man, the Shadowverse main menu theme and OST BGM fucking slap. I want to play it. But I know I absolutely can't afford the hit on my free time. And money I spend on cards is less money I spend on gacha pulls.

Choices.

14. Starletka

Starletka Silver Supporter

Well, I'm about 3 weeks into a new farm and wow, there's a shitload of new content at the beginning already (I checked, and it turns out I played the game just 2 months after the game first came out in 2016, so there were bound to be changes, but still wow).

Vuh likes this.
  15. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

Aaand done with RE1. In the end I managed to get all the trophies with 5 runs instead of 6, since I combined Invisible Enemies with No Saves. It was always a big relief to get past an area with potential insta-death... Especially Lisa on the cliff, I've never actually gotten killed there but it's super scary when you can't even see her.

I'm looking forward to playing RE0 next since I like Rebecca quite a bit, but first I'll take a big break. I swear completing Resident Evil games always tires me the hell out, even when they don't take particularly long to do like this one.

Anyway, Great Ace Attorney Chronicles in just over a day, woohoo!

AdmiralMuffin likes this.
  16. AdmiralMuffin

...motherfucker.

I forgot that's coming. I just used my last 50 bucks for an Xbox gift card.

Vega and LinkSword like this.
  17. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

Posted by Zed on Jul 25, 2021
    Vuh and LinkSword like this.
  18. Vuh

Vuh Gold Supporter

Posted by Vuh on Jul 25, 2021
    Wow, my favorite character and wife-in-every-playthrough Emily wasn't even available as a dateable character the last time you played. The last time I played was during quarantine last year and I think one major update and a couple minor ones have taken place since then. Hope you have fun with all the new content!

Starletka likes this.
  19. Vega

Vega Well-Known Member

Good thing I grabbed the Ace Attorney trilogy on sale as a bit of an impulse buy. Been wanting to replay those! Good timing too since the 3DS games have better compatibility in Citra now as well.

...Though I really should be trying to get through replaying Judgment.

AdmiralMuffin likes this.
  20. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

Such a good screen. On top of how long and tense it is, I love it because it's like 95% comprised of mechanics I really enjoy. Weaving through spikes, precise dashes, springs... It all flows sooo nicely. Bouncy clouds can fuck off kinda, but those are minor bits.

I remember screaming "YES" when I first beat it. Good times.

----------
    Almost managed to miss this vid after finishing the game. So damn good.

Zed, AdmiralMuffin and Vega like this.