Gaming Discussion Thread

I am now one single task away from completing the career mode of Planet Zoo on gold in hard difficulty. 60 hours I sunk into the game. Not bad.

Reactions: Zed
never give up, never surrender! so I thought I'd take some time to game. just escape and waste that time with PS4 trophy hunting. at any rate I thought I'd give Vampyr a try again. I'm actually glad I did. I have a feeling my first go round was glitch central. there's still a bit of a lag but the game isn't crashing anymore. I'm playing extreme chaos, with that, you can play the game in chaos where you kill everything/one (drink their blood) and let zones become hostile or be a good little vampire and kill no one. chaos feels good. at least you're able to make cut scenes and dialogues go along in most cases. definite gore/violence, politics, evil things, experiments on humans, science, genetic modifications, plague (Spanish flu), etc. I got it for free on PlayStation Plus back at Halloween of last year and thought I'd return and see what comes of it. feels good to be bad!

When I grabbed this Later Alligator game, I cannot say I expected
to wind up in a dating sim parody with a bisexual crocodile man who makes innuendo references based on Yakuza. But I love it.
36C38EC45C1D4229047D3637CDC5E02D252B77B0

I think I might finally be bored of GTA V. You can only do these same missions online for all these years before it finally gets old. That and the fucking game takes up over 90 gigs.

I think I might finally be bored of GTA V. You can only do these same missions online for all these years before it finally gets old. That and the fucking game takes up over 90 gigs.
They really should make it so the online portion is a separate install from single player. I remember when the game only took up around 50 GB on my PC...

Also, I know there are rumors about this but holy shit it's good to see the Dai Gyakuten Saiban games actually confirmed to be coming to the west.

giphy.gif

That's fucking AMAZING, I never imagined in my wildest dreams that it would ever be localized. I heard Great Ace Attorney didn't even sell that well in Japan, as well as the whole it being too Japanese thing for westerners. I'm glad they changed their minds.

as well as the whole it being too Japanese thing for westerners
I feel as though this is thankfully a shitty take that's gradually losing strength. Anyone who's not a hundred miles removed from the gaming community knows that a significant portion of it these days is all for games and stories set in Japan/involving Japanese characters, especially if it's an era different from our own. It's a welcome shift in attitude for sure.

Just the other day I was reading a journalist argue that Ghost of Tsushima had been a major risk for Sony and it made me laugh my ass off on the spot. Not only is it a combat/stealth/exploration-focused freaking open world game, but the setting was also a big hook in the eyes of anyone other than bubble-dwelling corporate boomers.

Also, I know there are rumors about this but holy shit it's good to see the Dai Gyakuten Saiban games actually confirmed to be coming to the west.

Damn, Capcom is on a roll again this year. Another thing I never thought possible and them games coming to PS4 is great since I don't own a Switch. Guess I better catch up on Spirit of Justice while I still can.

Ok Sega, just make my life complete and announce localizations for Kenzan and Ishin now, we know you want to. Do it.

Watched the Oculus Gaming Showcase. I was pretty satisfied by it since they confirmed Lone Echo 2 is still coming to PC and only to PC (I was surprised that there was no Quest port announcement, but this has made my day) and the snowboarding game they showed looked really neat. Everything else was a mixed bag, other than Resident Evil 4 VR which I want to play but can't cause I don't have a Quest 2.

I wish they would have announced a big new game (After the Fall seemed the closest to this) but overall, not bad. Now I can relax!

The protagonist in the new Subnautica game is a black, gay woman, and not a white straight cis man? In a fictional story in a videogame taking place in the future in deep space?? How dare they!!!

Reactions: Vuh
Turns out that the upcoming Nier Replicant remaster includes new story content including a new ending
which you unlock by playing the game again after Ending D aka the ending that deletes your save data
so I might wind up grabbing it tomorrow. I kinda need something to do to hold me over until Resident Evil 8 comes out and having something "new" to play will help me avoid burnout for a bit.

Definitely could use something to help me avoid burnout, cause I decided to finally check out the Lone Echo 2 Trailer Experience (loved it) and thanks to that I'm now replaying Lone Echo for the third time. Taking a break now until after dinner cause I went a bit nuts with the movement system and as a result I now feel sick to my stomach! Also messed around with Echo VR for the hell of it. So far I've only played matches against bots, might try one match against other players later but I don't know how it'll go. I can't throw well at all in any VR game I play (other than throwing grenades in Half Life Alyx and even then I'm meh at it) and I have nothing but bad experiences in online games like this. To make matters worse a lot of little kids apparently play this and I really don't want to be called a bunch of racial slurs. I'll probably have the voice chat muted, but then everyone else is probably going to hear other players scream about how much I suck when I inevitably fuck up.

Like with movies, you can't make threads for every single one in existence or you'd flood the forum with a bunch of dead threads. For any hot new games or lengthy franchise discussions please make a separate thread. However, if you're playing some hipster indie game no one has heard of or is playing some billion-year-old franchise then use this thread to discuss it.

I locked the old retro gaming thread because those posts can go in here now. I just made a new thread so the OP was clear on the topic.
Like with movies, you can't make threads for every single one in existence or you'd flood the forum with a bunch of dead threads. For any hot new games or lengthy franchise discussions please make a separate thread. However, if you're playing some hipster indie game no one has heard of or is playing some billion-year-old franchise then use this thread to discuss it.

I locked the old retro gaming thread because those posts can go in here now. I just made a new thread so the OP was clear on the topic.

Thanx a lot man, I recently started playing games like fire watch and Cuphead on youtube, doing live stream every day to feed myself as soon as possible, pls help to promote my youtube channel. Here's a link

Nier Replicant is pretty solid. The gameplay is still a bit on the bland side but the overall feel of the combat is vastly improved over the original version. I recommend picking it up especially if you haven't played the game before but don't look at the trophy list unless you want to spoil certain late-game bosses.

My biggest problem is that there's no PS4 Pro/PS5 enhancements anywhere to be found, but this probably isn't going to be an issue for most people and it's an extremely minor one for me. If anything they can patch in a higher resolution.

Nier Replicant is pretty solid. The gameplay is still a bit on the bland side but the overall feel of the combat is vastly improved over the original version. I recommend picking it up especially if you haven't played the game before but don't look at the trophy list unless you want to spoil certain late-game bosses.

My biggest problem is that there's no PS4 Pro/PS5 enhancements anywhere to be found, but this probably isn't going to be an issue for most people and it's an extremely minor one for me. If anything they can patch in a higher resolution.

So it's pretty much a remaster of the first Nier with Automata gameplay tweaks? Need to get on that then because the sequel kicked so much ass.

So it's pretty much a remaster of the first Nier with Automata gameplay tweaks? Need to get on that then because the sequel kicked so much ass.
A little bit. I wouldn't recommend going into this expecting it to be just like Automata, but as someone who's played the original Nier I vastly prefer Replicant over the original version. Among a few other things the main difference I've noticed combat-wise is there's now a parry mechanic but it's a "press block just before they hit" instead of the Bayonetta-style counter in Automata.

With that said the story/characters and soundtrack are great and it's worth it for that alone.

@Thrawn

Dunno if you watched the live stream or heard the news, but Kal'tsit is officially confirmed! She's coming to Arknights as a 6* DPS medic with her original skill kit for the 2nd anniversary. New limited edition Skadi that's OP as fuck, too.

Got to the second part of Nier Replicant and they slightly changed the moveset of the Phoenix Spear... still a powerful weapon but it's strong attack is now an overhead smash instead of that OP lunge attack. it feels quite powerful at least but I might try out a few other weapons before upgrading this time.

Right now I'm farming stuff to sell for money so I can buy as many of the weapons as possible then I'll try tackling the Recycled Vessel content (apparently the weapons you get there count towards the weapon completion total now).

Back