Gaming Discussion Thread

I also played Edelgard's route first and felt lukewarm about it for basically the same reasons. And I say 'first', but truth is I haven't played the rest yet. Started a second playthrough with the intention to do Dimitri's next, but the tedium of dealing with the Monastery sections all over again made me stop around Chapter 10 or so. I'll revisit the game at some point because I think it's good overall, but fuck do I miss Fire Emblem games where you just went from one battlefield to the next with nothing but a preparation screen inbetween.

The lesbian options for the main character are also pretty awful to be honest. I considered creating a female character but when my choices are the likes of diarRhea I don't really feel like it. If I were to play F Byleth in any of the remaining routes I'd probably just marry her to Navarre Felix I guess.

At least Shamir has
her canon relationship with Catherine to go for. On the routes where we don't kill her, that is...
[/SPOILER]

Honestly, I completely agree with you. I had the same thought of playing Dmitri's next, because he at least looked pretty cool with an eyepatch post time-skip(not very interested in Claude lol) but I felt really super burnt out after the Monastery sections to consider jumping into another route play through right away especially when the first half of the game is pretty much identical in all the other routes. I need to take a break. It'd help if there was some variation to me in location because coming back to the same place gets real stale after awhile, the monastery isn't really a terribly interesting location in the first place. While I can respect they tried to do something different for this game, I don't really feel this is the best direction for the franchise to go in when the straight forward nature of previous games was actually a big part of the charm to me. It feels like it's trying to be a little too persona-ish.

The lesbian options are all conventionally pretty faces and quaint girly girls like Dorothea and Mercedes......and fucking sothis who's a loli, blergh. Give me a break man with those meh options.

At least Shamir has
her canon relationship with Catherine to go for. On the routes where we don't kill her, that is...

Shame...... Catherine has to pledge allegiance in ass kissing and loyalty to that crazy church cultist piece of shit Rhea. Goddammit CATHERINE, fuck Rhea lol.

Last edited:
Anyone have opinions on Othercide? Specifically, on switch? It looks cool af
It's like a tactical turn based version of Devil May Cry, but with more horror elements. But the really cool thing is that the game-play evolves based on how you play, which sounds really refreshing. Now I feel tempted to play it, but I'm already juggling some games already.

Now I feel tempted to play it, but I'm already juggling some games already.
yeah same, and considering it's at a -33% already after 3 months (even on switch!) I suppose I'll just wait a bit

also found out about Langrisser 1+2 being on sale now... but I'll play FE3H a bit more first (well, I did try the steam demo, but that one crashed immediately...)

Finished Shadow Warrior 2. Shit story with an even shittier ending and Kamiko is no Hoji but other than that I really had fun again gameplay-wise. Melee combat is infinitely more fun than gunplay though, I daresay most firearms are a bit weak in this game except for the heavy ones and shotguns. Definitely getting SW3 when it comes out.

Shadow Warrior 2013 wasn't as good as Wolfenstein or DOOM but still a fun re-imagining of a classic Build Engine shooter. Part 2 had more RPG elements and tried the Borderlands route with loot up the ass and customizable weapons which worked surprisingly well for me. Being able to slice and dice demons into bloody cubes certainly helped again too.

Finished Control. This is one of those cases where the gameplay is better than the story for me. Feels really weird saying that about a Remedy game since I usually really like the stories in them, this felt more like a launchpad for their "Remedy Connected Universe" thing and if anything else it does give me some hope that they'll finally make Alan Wake 2.
Really not a fan of the various logs saying Alan seemingly never made it out of the Dark Place despite how Alan Wake's last DLC ended.

Especially liked the graphics with ray tracing enabled and the crazy visual effects from the later sections of the game. Flamingo side mission was great and the Ashtray Maze is one of the best video game levels ever with it's crazy design (and I'm pretty sure the final level in Half Life Alyx took inspiration from this). For the most part the game was pretty okay, glad I gave it another shot.

Finished Control. This is one of those cases where the gameplay is better than the story for me. Feels really weird saying that about a Remedy game since I usually really like the stories in them, this felt more like a launchpad for their "Remedy Connected Universe" thing and if anything else it does give me some hope that they'll finally make Alan Wake 2.
Really not a fan of the various logs saying Alan seemingly never made it out of the Dark Place despite how Alan Wake's last DLC ended.

Especially liked the graphics with ray tracing enabled and the crazy visual effects from the later sections of the game. Flamingo side mission was great and the Ashtray Maze is one of the best video game levels ever with it's crazy design (and I'm pretty sure the final level in Half Life Alyx took inspiration from this). For the most part the game was pretty okay, glad I gave it another shot.

I loved the cryptic story myself and how it reminded of the great 90s mystery shows à la X-Files and Twin Peaks but still glad you had a more positive experience with the game this time around.

Also dude, Ashtray Maze... I need to re-play that shit.

I loved the cryptic story myself and how it reminded of the great 90s mystery shows à la X-Files and Twin Peaks but still glad you had a more positive experience with the game this time around.

Also dude, Ashtray Maze... I need to re-play that shit.
The Ashtray Maze was like if you took the Black Lodge from Twin Peaks and threw in a lot of shooting with some badass rock music. Great shit!

Fuck I really want Alan Wake 2 ;-;

The Ashtray Maze was like if you took the Black Lodge from Twin Peaks and threw in a lot of shooting with some badass rock music. Great shit!

Fuck I really want Alan Wake 2 ;-;

What made it even better for me was that the song was done by Poets of the Fall (as fictional metal band Old Gods of Asgard) who also did Late Goodbye for Max Payne 2, the song that's in the end credits and sung or hummed by multiple characters throughout the game.

Been making big progress in Sekiro over the past couple days. Just beat
the Owl for the second time in Hirata Estate, and that was easily one of my favorite fights so far. I don't think I died as much as against Genichiro, but it was still tough until I sorted out all the patterns - which in my case always takes a good while.

Still haven't been to the last area of the game, but I probably will after a short break.

River City Girls can kiss my ass. 30€ spent on a game with terrible hit detection/positioning bs and the tutorial level boss (Misuzu) is already impossible to beat, lost all my money just now from dying too often. What a fucking stupid idea to have you earn money in the first area where you can't even spend it and what an even stupider idea with that penalty. Great music, art style and whatnot but what is it worth when I already don't wanna play anymore.

Gonna do another attempt with a friend in co-op later but right now I wanna throw this game in the fucking trash.

After finishing up my replay of Shadow of the Colossus I played Maneater for about half an hour since it's free on PS Plus for PS5 owners right now. It has a budget game feel to it but you know what? This is actually pretty freaking fun. I'm not far at all but I love the idea behind the evolutions and the pacing of the combat is extremely fast, though the combat can sometimes get a little too hectic resulting in sliding all over the place. You also get a TV host narrating the whole thing!

Looking forward to playing it more but it'll be more of a side game.

Last edited:
After finishing up my replay of Shadow of the Colossus I played Maneater for about half an hour since it's free on PS Plus for PS5 owners right now. It has a budget game feel to it but you know what? This is actually pretty freaking fun. I'm not far at all but I love the idea behind the evolutions and the pacing of the combat is extremely fast, though the combat can sometimes get a little too hectic resulting in sliding all over the place. You also get a TV host narrating the whole thing!

Looking forward to playing it more but it'll be more of a side game.

Had to play through the game twice because of a landmark glitch not letting me achieve 100% which sucked but other than that it's a fun game. Combat is indeed hectic and missing a lock-on feature which would have been nice. Fun fact: Narrator guy is Cyril Figgis from Archer (and Jerry Smith from Rick and Morty).

Got past Misuzu on my own yesterday in River City Girls but progression sure feels somewhat unsatisfying up to this point. I don't have the feeling that I'm getting stronger even though I'm boosting stats by buying shit and and saving up money for new moves is a pain because I die too often. Getting the feeling that this was meant for co-op, alone it's a bit frustrating. Guess I'm not as oldschool as I thought anymore.

River City Girls can kiss my ass. 30€ spent on a game with terrible hit detection/positioning bs and the tutorial level boss (Misuzu) is already impossible to beat, lost all my money just now from dying too often. What a fucking stupid idea to have you earn money in the first area where you can't even spend it and what an even stupider idea with that penalty. Great music, art style and whatnot but what is it worth when I already don't wanna play anymore.

Gonna do another attempt with a friend in co-op later but right now I wanna throw this game in the fucking trash.

Oh I know how you feel. I really love the game but since I suck at beat 'em ups I really had to go get a friend. We got stuck after reaching Abobo and my friend just gave up. Been convincing him ever since but he rather play other games.

Oh I know how you feel. I really love the game but since I suck at beat 'em ups I really had to go get a friend. We got stuck after reaching Abobo and my friend just gave up. Been convincing him ever since but he rather play other games.

Played through River City Ransom and Scott Pilgrim alone so I thought this would be just another Kunio title in terms of difficulty. That does not seem to be the case but I've been less frustrated since arriving at the mall, got some more moves at my disposal now too but still dying more than I'd like (Kyoko's dab move is useless af though and I always pull it off by accident when trying to ground stomp an enemy, getting hit instead). Pretty excited for the co-op actually.

Speaking of Scott Pilgrim: The game gets a re-release this January! Fuck yeah!

Had to play through the game twice because of a landmark glitch not letting me achieve 100% which sucked but other than that it's a fun game. Combat is indeed hectic and missing a lock-on feature which would have been nice. Fun fact: Narrator guy is Cyril Figgis from Archer (and Jerry Smith from Rick and Morty).

Got past Misuzu on my own yesterday in River City Girls but progression sure feels somewhat unsatisfying up to this point. I don't have the feeling that I'm getting stronger even though I'm boosting stats by buying shit and and saving up money for new moves is a pain because I die too often. Getting the feeling that this was meant for co-op, alone it's a bit frustrating. Guess I'm not as oldschool as I thought anymore.
Yeah the lack of lock-on is the weirdest thing. I don't get why they'd make R3 just "prioritize" aka shift the camera angle towards targets rather than just locking onto them.

Currently playing "The Surge", if someone is interested in a title similar to Dark Souls, I can recommend it to them.

The game is fun and the bosses are fine. However, I would be able to enjoy the game more if I didn't get lost like Zoro every time. I'm so overleveled now that I never find my way and put the Exp in the level. Same problem as in DS 1 and 3 earlier Uff.

There's nothing like beating apocalypsy robots with a screwdriver.

Demon of Hatred was a relatively easy boss. Sure, lots of big hitboxes and high damage, but also generally well telegraphed moves - as well as a huge battlefield to maneuver in. Being the final optional boss and all I was a bit scared going into it, so I'm glad this didn't take me until two in the morning or something.

I think I'm pretty much done with everything secondary I can do in this run, short of grinding skill points. Should be tackling the final boss later today! ... And probably failing miserably for a while.

Demon of Hatred was a relatively easy boss. Sure, lots of big hitboxes and high damage, but also generally well telegraphed moves - as well as a huge battlefield to maneuver in. Being the final optional boss and all I was a bit scared going into it, so I'm glad this didn't take me until two in the morning or something.

I think I'm pretty much done with everything secondary I can do in this run, short of grinding skill points. Should be tackling the final boss later today! ... And probably failing miserably for a while.

Only ever cheesed the guy so kudos for doing that shit proper. Ofc they would throw in a Dark Souls-y boss at the end when for most of the game you had to adapt to the Sekiro playstyle. Fromsoftware, the ultimate trolls.

Have fun, it's my favorite boss fight of the last decade and maybe even the best in the entire Soulsborne series
if it weren't for Bloodborne's Old Hunter DLC... Ludwig and Maria <3

Back