Gaming Discussion Thread

Looking at your recent activity, you have a lot of hair-pulling stuff on your plate at the moment. This, fucking 10 Second Ninja X* and A Story About My Uncle. Yiiikes.

I just got out of a recent spiel of frustrating stuff myself, otherwise I'd probably start Manual Samuel too. Had been eyeing it for a while, and getting it for free from HB helped.

(*Funny thing about this one, though: getting X rank on the very first stage was more difficult to me than any of the other ones. Each time I failed that one I was facepalming just thinking about everything I'd still need to do afterwards, but it only got easier after that bump. Still pretty annoying, though)
You weren't kidding about 10snx being a nightmare to complete those marathons can go to hell. Game was pretty damn fun up until those.

You weren't kidding about 10snx being a nightmare to complete those marathons can go to hell. Game was pretty damn fun up until those.
Yeah, they're pretty frustrating. Speedrun + No Death run all bundled up into one little ball of misery. Which one were you playing last?

---
Had a bit of a breakthrough on the last level of RFLEX, one of three incomplete games I have on Steam. The goal is to dodge the incoming obstacles to survive for at least 60 seconds on each level, and my previous record on this one was 39 or so. Today I got all the way to 52 seconds, though - could have been more, but my dumb ass got nervous and literally ran into an obstacle that wasn't even going to hit me.

The level:

Still, the light at the end of the tunnel is a bit more clear now. Problem is, after that I'll still have to beat the same level on Drunk Mode, which inverts your controls at random intervals and is every bit as fucked up a concept as it sounds for a high-speed reflex-based game. Dev should get kicked in the nuts some.

Yeah, they're pretty frustrating. Speedrun + No Death run all bundled up into one little ball of misery. Which one were you playing last?
I did them in their correct order I believe. You have no idea how my heart sank the first time I beat the main story 6 ones only to realize there were 5 more for the legacy levels (although 3 of them were so easy I beat them all on the first try). Every region has that one level that fucks up all your run though and in the last one it's the first fucking one of course, that first jump is miserable.

Oh yeah, that fucking jump lol. I actually think it's a relatively nice gesture to put it at the start, though - the usual dick move is to leave that kind of thing for the very end.

But anyway, congrats on being done with that struggle. :drinking:

Breezed through this game called Man Of Medan. It was okay. Little over-reliant on jumpscares.
Also, I botched the very last QTE and got Shawn Ashmore bisected by a door. Tripped at the finish line right there.

Hit my first wall in Nioh 2 today, the snake boss. I hate having to deal with poison damage and toxic pools on top of detachable arm snakes that attack you when the boss enters dark realm. In general I'm not a huge fan of the new mechanics like burst counters and especially dark realm. It all just adds more Ki managing bullshit and stress to an already demanding game imo.

Been replaying Half Life Alyx and that game still has some seriously freaky levels of immersion even though it's only been a few months since I initially finished it.

Finally completed Jet Set Radio. Getting all Jet Rankings was beyond frustrating, but overall the game's cool, unique and stylish, if also janky as fuck. It's another neat, small piece of videogame history and I'm glad I played it.

So far, the stuff I've played from Steam's SEGA collection has just gone up in difficulty. Bass Fishing was easy once you get the hang of it, then Crazy Taxi had some ungodly demanding challenges, and Jet Set Radio is just tough in general if you're going for max ranks. Next up is Space Channel 5... Hopefully that one will break the sequence.

I've been screaming "oh fuck! oh shit!" at my computer for the better part on an entire afternoon because I didn't realize Nier: Automata was a bullet hell/shoot 'em up game. And a fun bullet hell/shoot 'em up game. I didn't know that was possible in this century. The last time I had fun in a game with side scroller elements was from some space shoot 'em up installed on the computers in my elementary school in 1999.

About to play Sekiro again on new game plus and I'm pretty sure I don't have every single boost possible cause I know I didn't kill the hatred demon... oh boi I'm gonna die
I've been screaming "oh fuck! oh shit!" at my computer for the better part on an entire afternoon because I didn't realize Nier: Automata was a bullet hell/shoot 'em up game. And a fun bullet hell/shoot 'em up game. I didn't know that was possible in this century. The last time I had fun in a game with side scroller elements was from some space shoot 'em up installed on the computers in my elementary school in 1999.
It's such a great genre mashup! The melee combat is a lot of fun too once you really start mastering it, one of these days I should try a different weapon combo other than the one I usually use (which is both easy to get early on and lasts through the entire game if you upgrade them)

So far, the stuff I've played from Steam's SEGA collection has just gone up in difficulty. Bass Fishing was easy once you get the hang of it, then Crazy Taxi had some ungodly demanding challenges, and Jet Set Radio is just tough in general if you're going for max ranks. Next up is Space Channel 5... Hopefully that one will break the sequence.

I remember having a ridiculous amount of fun with how silly space channel 5 was and I'm a big fan of rhythm games, but that game was honestly NOTORIOUSLY hard for me back then when I first played it, with having pretty much zero visual indicators for context. I was not used to that. :laugh:

Last edited:
Is it just me or is Sekiro new game plus not really that much harder? I'm really not feeling the increased difficulty, if anything the difficulty feels roughly the same but scaled to match my increased health from getting all the prayer beads. It actually feels easier too due to some of these boss strategies/general game tactics being burned into my head. Also found out that you actually still get memories to increase your attack power in new game plus from beating the bosses so my choice to not kill the hatred demon wasn't so bad.

I also want to replay Bloodborne again too but I'm not sure if I want to do new game plus in that or not because it's been so long and I don't remember where I was at in terms of weapon upgrade progression. On top of that Bloodborne is a more complex game than Sekiro is. I do still have my save file from before new game plus so if anything I'll get the last weapon that I don't have (getting that will actually get me the platinum trophy for the game, and I have 100 percent of the trophies in the DLC) on my old file then after that I might start a fresh game.

Wait a second there's actually three trophies in bloodborne that I don't have and one of them is hidden.... looks like on top of the weapons one I need to get the rest of the tools and I think the hidden trophy is something involving a chalice dungeon boss if I'm remembering it right

Last edited:
Back