Gaming Discussion Thread

Back at Hino-enma in Nioh and man, I forgot what an asshole she is. Nevermind the paralysis and nearly undodgeable dance moves but she barely even reacts to any of my ninjutsu stuff like bombs and kunai. I put a good amount of skill points into dexterity before entering her lair and apparently it still isn't enough. My shinobi outfit boosts my ninjutsu quite a bit but it also doesn't really protect against direct attacks. My only chance is to dodge like a god and get hits in as often as I can.

This is the third boss in the game btw.
Postal 2 is the best bad game ever! xD

My favourite bit is still visiting your dad's grave as one of the first objectives and pissing on it because otherwise the mission won't end. Postal Dude sure got issues.

"Would you like to sign my petition?"

Reminds me that Uwe Boll made a Postal movie once. Now that's something to be appalled by.

Playing Wind Waker with little to no guide was a great idea. I think I'm actually appreciating the open world aspects of this game even more, though having to use bait on every single square on the sea chart gets really tedious. Thankfully to balance out the tedium you get a hint in each area which really rewards exploration. Unfortunately all my notes (because there's no way in hell I'd be able to memorize every single hint) are starting to become a jumbled mess reminiscent of what happens when I take notes in an old CRPG! xD

Also thank fuck this is the Wii U version because trying to do that korok side quest would be a nightmare otherwise. Found about half of the trees so far and wrote the locations down so I think I'll try to find them all...

A Hat in Time's OST is too addicting for me, I've listened to it so much the past few days and the DLC content was pretty solid.

Also finished 3-4 games as of late in a row, I feel so fucking ACCOMPLISHED getting things off my back log. Kind of feel like living up some GC nostalgia with super mario sunshine next or finally getting around to Psychonauts.

Last edited:
Bullet Witch

Pros: Hot green haired lady with a big gun.

Cons: Pretty much everything else.

The game maps are sparse and you can't sprint, so it takes a long time just to get around and it's easy to go the wrong way wasting time. The combat is repetitive. The music is not at all memorable. You don't even need any of the magic spells except where you are forced to use them on certain bosses (ok, basically just the last one).

So for two days I've been playing Nioh again and already made the same amount of progess that took me weeks the first time around two years ago. I've beaten bosses I thought unbeatable and finally understand the needlessy conplicated forging/crafting system too so that sure gave me another sense of accomplishment. Going full-on ninja this time was a wise decision as well and the playstyle is high risk, high reward which I like.

Spider Nest Castle right now farming EXP to get a nice agility damage bonus from my current guardian spirit (a cute bat) . Nioh might nail the mythical aspect of feudal Japan even better than Sekiro for me, it certainly has the anime bonus with all those awesome attacks and guardian spirits to collect like Pokémon.

Seriously wanna buy the sequel now.

So I've been thinkin about Nintendo games I never really played, Paper Mario instantly came to mind and HOLY SHIT the gamecube one is expensive as fuck. 100 bucks just for the disc? No way, I'll be going the ISO/softmodded wii route for that. N64 Paper Mario is equally insane in price it seems... and there's a "brand new" VGA verified copy on ebay for 9,999 dollars right now. WHAT THE FUCK.

I'm walking to my next story mission in Yakuza 2, and I get shanghaied into managing a hostess club against my will. I didn't even like visiting those in the first one, and now I'm being forced to manage one.

Frigging game.

So I've been thinkin about Nintendo games I never really played, Paper Mario instantly came to mind and HOLY SHIT the gamecube one is expensive as fuck. 100 bucks just for the disc? No way, I'll be going the ISO/softmodded wii route for that. N64 Paper Mario is equally insane in price it seems... and there's a "brand new" VGA verified copy on ebay for 9,999 dollars right now. WHAT THE FUCK.

That's...wow. I've only ever played the N64 version, and I regret not getting it while it was cheap. (Same with Kirby & the Crystal Shard for N64, or whatever it's called.)

That's...wow. I've only ever played the N64 version, and I regret not getting it while it was cheap. (Same with Kirby & the Crystal Shard for N64, or whatever it's called.)
Yeah... I love having physical copies because I can get use out of my consoles that way but I'm not going to spend that much. At this rate I'm seriously considering getting some good flashcarts so I can download roms and play them right on the console with an SD card. I wish I didn't have to do that but the costs are just too insane for some of the actual games plus some listings are mostly blatant fakes ;-;

Kirby 64 was another game I used to rent when I was a kid! :-)

Well shit, Paper Mario is a bit harder to emulate than one would expect... I keep running into small but annoying graphical glitches. Guess I'll have to find a Wii WAD file and load it that way. Fuuuuck

I recently finished Manual Samuel, a dark comedy where you have to manually control basic human functions like breathing or blinking, and it's as excruciating as it sounds. The game itself is pretty alright, the humour is pretty alright and all, I like me some dark comedy where a blonde rich fuck has to suffer through the most basic of tasks but not when I'm also suffering alongside his bitch ass. Trying to get the gold trophy on all the time trials had me pull my hair out though I seriously ended up rage quitting due to how garbage the controls are.

Also, Jesus, that final boss fight was a damn nightmare, who thought it was a good idea he does not deserve a job.

The annoyingly hippy grim reaper who's trying and failing to do a kickflip throughout the whole game while finding creative ways to fuck with this failed-abortion of a protagonist does make it worthwhile though.

I haven't gotten all the achievements yet. One of them is a coop acjivement that requires a controller, which I don't have since I broke mine a while back and didn't bother to replace it. And no fucking way in hell I'm touching the time trials again any time soon my temper is limited.

Back