Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman.

Wait wait wait wait wait--
considering this is what, the third time Akari/Jiro has been on top of the other
Their bedrooms...the very very separate bedrooms with biometric locks on them to keep them from getting into one another's rooms...their bedrooms both have sliding glass doors that lead out onto a joint balcony.

This show makes absolutely no goddamn sense.

saying how she would be much safer with him over some rando. Nice to see they aren't all bad.
In fairness, it was meant as a diss, since she was saying that Akari couldn't handle a dude who wasn't a big wuss, so it was better for her to crush on Jiro than someone more, um, determined.

i wish i could just jab the guy a few times in his face, with my fist... over and over.
Really? I get that there isn't much to him as a character, but why is he worthy of punching? He's about as neutral a second-tier romcom lead as you're going to find (outside of that show where the gyaru wanted to get into cosplay and the dude was good at sewing). He isn't saintly and dying to help everyone he sees, like most harem leads, and he isn't an obnoxious buffoon, like...the other half of harem leads. He's just a bland guy with some typical anime romcom hangups.

...that said, he has a stupid haircut, so I'm not saying you shouldn't punch him.

she wasn't at all upset about not going out with "the guys", she hardly resisted at all and seemed pretty fine spending the night in with Jiro
I just want to use this as an opportunity to express how much I love Akari hating that Jiro seems to still be focused on Shiori.

The ironic part of this whole mess (like, beyond that fact that this isn't actually true) is that Jiro's holding back with Akari because her gyaru nature makes him think all her little hints aren't real. They'd have slid into third base, by now, if he thought she was serious.

how can they question the others feelings at this point?
The excuse I'd give is that "it's TV." As in, I'd say that we're going to have to assume that the things we see (like Jiro's very obvious kissy face) aren't as obvious and literal in-universe.

I mean...explain how Akari doesn't realize that Jiro's into her. Or how Jiro doesn't see Akari readying herself for some face-smooshing, at the end.

because he hasn't been close to other girls? WHAT?
Yeah, I have no idea what she was getting at, there. She's the only girl he talks to, so...does she think that he doesn't see her "as a girl"? Or, like, doesn't see her in that way because he's not afraid to talk to her?

This would be better if her friend turns her gay, just saying.
Yes.

I genuinely just forgot to watch this last week.
The yugioh joke was top tier. Also uh checks notes Kamo, yes Kmao. I like Kamo. That bit at the end was cute also, im not even remotely going to go into this episode nobody cares about last week.
Boy I really like this show. Like a lot.

The scene on the balcony, calling Akari by her first name. But also shoutout to the uh, attached balcony's...that kinda makes the whole room system rundundant, huh? Calling him the #1 virgin in japan is just not nice, or correct. I think that goes to the Turbo Virgin in that other Gal anime.

THE ACCIDENTAL CONFESSION HOLY SHIT? I think I felt that one and she wasnt even saying it to me! That shit was so out of left field my brain didnt even comprehend it untill like a second after she said it. Akari, why are you so damn cute?

My man growing his testicals back by demanding she comes home with him instead of out with some other guys. I honestly wish this went differently in some ways, specifically her thinking he was doing it for Shiori. But thats nitpicking, i liked it.

AND THE THE THE UH THE THE COUCH SCENE. I must go and uh, rewatch it. You know, to um have a better understanding of it before I discuss it. Yes. That is what I must do.
You know, horny jokes aside. That was really cute. Like unfathomably adorable on Akari's part. WHich then you know understandably my man couldn't keep it from going to his pants. Or his nose, for that matter.
This is a blood joke. I am funny. Laugh please.

By which I mean: if they can bring that sweet combination of Akari being adorable, sexy, and emotionally expressive (whether vulnerable or honest), the episode will be a success.
Yes give me more. Inject this into my veins. I need it.
My only gripe is MC sucks.
I actually don't agree with this? I mean, i'm not going to come out and say he is some god tier MC, but I like him? Pretty much like you said with the awkward dynamic with Akari and such. Though I wouldn't be against punching him maybe once. But not much more than once.

Their bedrooms...the very very separate bedrooms with biometric locks on them to keep them from getting into one another's rooms...their bedrooms both have sliding glass doors that lead out onto a joint balcony.

Okay I'm gad I wasnt the only one to catch this. What the fuck is this plot. But Akari cute so we cool.
21nJqGC.gif

This would be better if her friend turns her gay, just saying.
Yes.

Well, I'm glad you reminded me of why they ended up not getting into things, because I couldn't remember what the excuse was. Or why it couldn't be ignored.

Bleeding from his face is a fair excuse.
Though I'm going to have to research this, at some point, because I thought nosebleeds were just anime code for having an erection (or, as it moved to girls getting it, too, simple arousal). Like, it's a gag way of saying it without saying it.

Is getting a nosebleed from sexual excitement a thing, though? Because why would this scenario, where he's obviously aroused and where his obvious arousal doesn't need to be alluded to because it's obvious, cause him to have a theatrical stand-in for being aroused?

And, yes, I could have spent this amount of typing looking it up, but I didn't. And you gotta deal with it!

[insert Legend of Korra gif]

[feels dirty making Legend of Korra joke]

nobody cares about last week.
I wouldn't be against punching him maybe once. But not much more than once.
What the fuck is this plot. But Akari cute so we cool.
These I laughed at, though.

at first i felt like this show was going the "stepmom daugher" route with the romantic scenes being really hard to buy. But it got a bit better with some genuine good jokes and moments, if nothing i can at least enjoy the nice colors and artstyle.

Still a rollercoaster though, she is a born teaser but cant really buy some of the ecchi scenes, feels like just fanservice most of the time.

Interestingly this never occurred to me until she literally comes out of her room and in turn, retreats to her room after talking a little too much on a certain topic, that just left me confused. It is not helped further that whilst this could be me being petty but... the balcony gaps to other couples rooms looks relatively small, now maybe thats me being petty looking too much into stuff (its what i do!) but man these kids don't have much stopping them getting to one another do they? Akari and Jiro will have no problems in 2-3 months when they finally accept they want one another.

In fairness, it was meant as a diss, since she was saying that Akari couldn't handle a dude who wasn't a big wuss, so it was better for her to crush on Jiro than someone more, um, determined.
I apparently missed this, fair enough. Though... does this Minami guy really seem any more motivated though? Sure he has the girls drooling for him (in more than one way) but he seems pretty... well, he seems no different to MC? Doesn't strike me and bed hopper type.

...that said, he has a stupid haircut, so I'm not saying you shouldn't punch him.
Though I wouldn't be against punching him maybe once. But not much more than once.
Honestly, he is just one of them punchable types. It's like saying Yuki Rito from To Love-Ru doesn't deserve a few snacks to his face, it would be factually wrong to make such a claim, he deserves a full beating...
Which is to say, this guy just has that look which makes me want to hit him.
But not much more
"not much" but definitely some more, right?

I just want to use this as an opportunity to express how much I love Akari hating that Jiro seems to still be focused on Shiori.
This is one of the better parts for me. Seeing her essentially worked up over this despite not accepting herself that she likes him this way is pretty good. Its probably too far to say she gets worked up or frets over the matter but it makes for great interactions and her small scenes like when she approaches the class when they both there, that just makes me happy!
Side Note - weird how in anime your silent until you finish your sentence. Take the mentioned scene, Akari starts shouting "Jir--" and is cut off before finishing his name, and thus is apparently unheard despite being rather audible in a seemingly empty environment.

aren't as obvious and literal in-universe.
I mean...explain how Akari doesn't realize that Jiro's into her. Or how Jiro doesn't see Akari readying herself for some face-smooshing, at the end.
I suppose i always over look this, though i kind of wish it was more apparent if the case. I know sometimes its easier to embellish what is happening for the sake of delivering your message but still, would be nice to know it's not all so black and white.

Or, like, doesn't see her in that way because he's not afraid to talk to her?
I suppose my only solution to this one is, she knows she is the childhood friend, and what happens to childhood friends in anime kids? That's right, nothing, they never win and never get anything good happen.

The scene on the balcony, calling Akari by her first name.
oh, I might of forgot this (or not?) in my original post but... I too like the name Akari, just saying. Akari is a good name!

Calling him the #1 virgin in japan is just not nice, or correct.
Yeah gotta give the guy some credit here, he has mounted Akari two or three times already, kissed her so effortlessly and not only is he on her mind a lot, he got his girl Shiori and the side. He might be rocking the virgin's crowd but ma man has things going pretty damn well when everything is considered.... not that these girls know any of this (though from what Shiori's friend said, its pretty obvious he is into her and Shiori isn't the best at hiding her feelings so maybe they know that much).

I honestly wish this went differently in some ways, specifically her thinking he was doing it for Shiori.
I'm conflicted here, see i partly agree. I thought the same as it happened, I just figured if she thought this was for her it would of been so damn great, dude pulling her from the other guys to be with him, but then as said above, I do enjoy the idea too that she is so fixated on him liking Shiori... dammit!
Though, why not both? I think she could of felt this was for herself and still kept the Shiori stuff... just for other scenes.

WHich then you know understandably my man couldn't keep it from going to his pants. Or his nose, for that matter.
I mean, gotta give him credit, he did well to hold on so long, I sure would of failed the minute she started climbing onto me!

I laughed!

Is getting a nosebleed from sexual excitement a thing, though?
Worry not, I'm cool enough to have looked this up before (heck yeah, I knew i wasn't wasting my life learning dumb stuff!) They usually can be used (in fiction) as a exaggerated form of any excitement, though generally used for arousal... so yeah MC was so damn ready to go he has blood going everywhere!

Is getting a nosebleed from sexual excitement a thing, though?
And it technically is a real thing. Though i couldn't tell you the details, I remember reading about it but this was way over 10 years ago.

For such a ridiculous premise, this show's actually got a really good dynamic going. I was surprised that Akari seems to be down bad for Jiro already, but that makes sense on some level. Akari's love interest is an ideal she doesn't really have a relationship with, while Jiro's is a childhood friend he knows well but just doesn't believe he can date. On the other hand, Jiro believes he fundamentally can't compete with the ideal man Tenjin for Akari's heart, so he doesn't even really want to consider that her advances could be real. That belief (and a concrete 2nd love interest) makes it far easier for him to resist their chemistry, while she's genuinely falling for him.

The whole gyaru thing seemed unnecessary at first, but it does give a framework for why Jiro misinterprets her, and she seems to lean into the stereotype enough for that to make sense. She belittles him for his inexperience in romantic matters, though she's secretly just as green. But he's assumed that she probably has guys wrapped around her fingers whenever she wants them. And even when she says otherwise (like saying he's the only person who ever kissed her) it seems like he hasn't fully caught on that he's off on his entire initial impression of her. He still thinks she likes playing with his emotions, and she kinda does...but from his viewpoint, she might even be down for some kissing and casual sex without love, and he isn't really down for all that. He's got a relationship on his mind, and she doesn't seem to be offering that, so he does his best to avoid thinking of her like that.

The idea that Akari could genuinely like him seems so far-fetched to Jiro that he can't see the hints.

If any of these folks could have one fully vulnerable conversation, we wouldn't have a show.

I hate to say this, but Shiori is kind of a charisma vacuum.

No, seriously: it's kind of amazing how much my interest shifted once we got to the Akari-centric part of the episode--proving, yet again, that as Akari goes, so goes the episode.

...okay, technically my interest perked up when Sacchi (Akari's friend) entered the nurse's office, because even she has more going on than Shiori, but I wan't fully back into the episode until Akari was the focus, again. Shiori is easily the least dynamic character in the series (sure, Blond Guy is obviously worse, but he doesn't count as a character), and I cannot bring myself to care about her or her wants. She brings nothing to the interactions with Jiro. Or, more accurately, if she does, the stuff with literally every other character so vastly outshines it that it may as well not exist.

I mean, tell me you didn't find Mei a much more compelling character, this week. Like, even beyond hoping that underclassman was going to ask her to just tongue-kiss her once so she could get over her attraction to her.
One thing about our yuri magnet, though: interesting that Mei thinks Shiori is nuts for liking "cowardly" Jiro, but sees no reason (in that moment) to put together than she's done nothing but badger Shiori about being at least as cowardly.

I know it's both realistic for her to do so and a subtle way to let us know that Mei likes Shiori (and this finds Jiro to be a lesser pick than herself (...which she is, let's be honest, but...still)), but I still found it kinda funny, given all the other context.

Regardless, Akari was once again the highlight. She's the emotional core of the story, and everything she does in service of her emotional narrative is so very enjoyable. It's kind of amazing how much the gyaru stuff is a narrative tool, even more than just an aesthetic choice.

The whole "we totally banged last night" stretched credulity, a bit. And I kind of question her disregard for the sanctity of a closed shower-room door. But I'd say those are more nitpicks than anything else. She's great. Pretty much every second we spend with her is great. She's why I'm still watching the show, when you come right down to it. So, yeah, she can stray a bit into stupid territory, every now and then. I don't mind.

...but don't get me started on the impossible physics of the accidental kiss. Or on how stupid Jiro has to be to not question that whole "practice" thing.

And I kind of question her disregard for the sanctity of a closed shower-room door.
I would agree but... I wont, because i see zero issues with her walking in if I was there, and me saying anything else would just be hypocritical.

The whole "we totally banged last night" stretched credulity, a bit.
Errrr... yeah, maybe. I actually liked where she was going, not that i really saw the point, teasing aside, it felt like she had a objective here yet something tells me it wasn't to affirm if he did in fact go all the way with Shiori, this sort of just came up by his words and she just rolled with it. So yeah, i enjoyed the setup but felt it could of been half the length (or more) and still delivered the same result.... that said, gotta love her logic, just strip down and join him... why not?

Oh and seriously Japan, no one is getting drunk on whisky chocolates or whisky bonbons, sorry but this just isn't a thing, please stop implying as such!

Shiori... okay.
...but don't get me started on the impossible physics of the accidental kiss.
No no, this bugged me way too much to let pass. the way they was positioned wouldn't of landed this way but more over, someone walks in the room and your conscious your current scenario looks... exactly how it is, you do what, oh of course, jump onto the person in the bed and someone lock lips, yes of course, literally taking one step back would totally not fool anyone, being ontop of a girl in bed whilst kissing though, they totally will understand, right? ... right?

Also, Shiori, look here sunshine, you want this guy, you literally are content with dating him, you already failed kiss attempt one, this would seal the deal and you could easily make the confession thing a lot easier but nope, you lure him in and back out at the last second again. She is just leading him on, which sure is keeping him interested but Akari had no issue with kiss request two (obviously not to Shiori's knowledge).

but Shiori is kind of a charisma vacuum.
100%.
Honestly, I know i said before that she is a bit bland and dull but i wanted to like her, but nope, she just is boring when on screen and the minute she does something like the kiss request, she drags it out to result in nothing. Truth be told, she can't seriously expect Jiro to hold out for her, sure there is no agreement and they was close friends but man, I dunno she just sucks it seems.

Akari is apparently unable to hear her name... weird she stopped using his name for this with no prior warning or anything. Not gonna lie, it sounds dumb but I probably wouldn't of caught on right away considering he has called her by her family name from day one. Still, I like "Akari" as a name so I don't mind.

Or on how stupid Jiro has to be to not question that whole "practice" thing.
I will forgive him, If you was asked by your crush to practice, after affirming she is indeed not joking, you would probably take the act first, ask later approach too.

One thing about our yuri magnet, though: interesting that Mei thinks Shiori is nuts for liking "cowardly" Jiro, but sees no reason (in that moment) to put together than she's done nothing but badger Shiori about being at least as cowardly.
Good point.
Though i feel this character exists for no real reason. Unless Shiori goes yuri for her, her role seems nothing more than Shiori's support which we honestly don't need. I (as said last time) hope she turns Shiori yuri or otherwise, these two just fade away.
Akari is this show, I'm pretty content watching her and Jiro all episode (still don't like him though)

AKARI WHY ARE YOU SO CUTE?

The moment she started calling him Yakiun instead of Jiro, I myself personally felt that one. Even I knew something was wrong. And going back to last week over the whole first name thing, I myself, was smarter than Jiro. And was able to deduce she wanted to be called Akari. Take that world, I am smarter than a dense protagonist. I mean, I actually quite love the name Akari, its cute. And she even said she likes it! Why wouldn't you be using it! AND WHEN HE FINALLY CALLS HER IT AND HER REACTION AND OH MY GOD SHES FUCKING CUTE.

Yuri bait turned into some actual Yuri, I was somewhat suprised honestly. Look at you go, Mei!

The uh nurse room scene? I don't even know. Is my guy so fucking blind that a girl asking to be his wife to argue with him, and proceeding to ask to PRACTICE KISSING WITH HIM? How ungodly small must your brain cells be, Jiro? And then the sighs incredibly loudly how the fuck do you land like that? Like, really? I am no rocket scientist but cmon.

I'm not gonna lie though, the whole "we banged last night" bit was quite funny. We all obviously new she was lying out her ass to get a rise out of him and...I guess to find out if it would have been his first time to confirm the whole Nurse office thing? But either way, I laughed. And thought Akari was cute again. Not that I stopped thinking this.
dude the underwear+oversized hoodie is god tier. I mean her underwear alone was cute as heck and was good choice, designers. But man. I liked this.

Permission to bonk me granted.

even beyond hoping that underclassman was going to ask her to just tongue-kiss her once so she could get over her attraction to her.
I-what? Wouldn't this have the exact opposite effect? Not that I would be against this, to clarify.
And I kind of question her disregard for the sanctity of a closed shower-room door
Yeah! Who just walks in like th-
I would agree but... I wont, because i see zero issues with her walking in if I was there, and me saying anything else would just be hypocritical.
Nah I can't even lie I'm with Madoka on this one. I would be 100% okay with it. I'd welcome it, even.
Pretty much every second we spend with her is great. She's why I'm still watching the show,
It's honestly not even an overstatement to say Akari carries this show. Give more Akari pls
sure, Blond Guy is obviously worse, but he doesn't count as a character
anime-smile.gif

That was good. I liked that one.
oh of course, jump onto the person in the bed and someone lock lips, yes of course, literally taking one step back would totally not fool anyone, being ontop of a girl in bed whilst kissing though, they totally will understand, right? ... right?
Oh no! She's going to see me talking to a someone behind this curtain! Quick! Jump on the girl to make it look less suspicious and won't at all cause a misunderstanding!

gotta love her logic, just strip down and join him... why not?
Oh, this I was fully on board for. Akari is furious and heartbroken and fully aware that she has no claim to Jiro, when she finds him conked out on the couch (futon, I guess?), and I think crawling to sleep next to him like that was totally believable and a great character moment. I'm a little iffier on her using his shirt more decoratively than practically (that is, the bit where she's fine just lettin' her undergarments fly), but I don't think it's outside the real of believability that her in-the-moment desire to seduce him (for lack of a better way to say it) didn't quite anticipate sleeping all night that way.

I think, like you, I would have preferred the teasing about them having sex ending a lot quicker. Though I still think it was framed a little too much like a 3D chess move on her part than it needed to be. (As in, I totally get that she saw the chance to get him to admit he had sex with Shiori or to screw with his "I like Shiori!" as a bit of revenge for having had sex with Shiori, but I would have thought she'd have had a harder time using her gyaru mode as a shield and her "teasing" would have felt a lot more vulnerable. Or maybe I'm being nitpicky.)

Also...why is it okay for them to have spent the night like that? Who is monitoring their behavior?! This show makes to goddamn sense!!!

no one is getting drunk on whisky chocolates or whisky bonbons
Hey--he had three of those things. So.

I mean, in fairness to him, I can totally see a non-drinker popping three whiskey bonbons and really feeling it. Like, I had a German chocolate that was filled with whiskey, once, and I felt it--but it was like a genuine shot of whiskey. I wasn't expecting that much alcohol. But it was also very obviously a chocolate shell filled with liquid. I can't imagine Jiro would have one without noticing this was what was going on, let alone three. So, if these were just soaked in or made with whiskey...yeah, no.

the way they was positioned wouldn't of landed this way
She was kneeling on the bed! How did she end up with her legs around him?! THAT'S NOT HOW LEGS WORK!!!

literally taking one step back would totally not fool anyone
Oh, I know. Absurd.

I mean, look, Sacchi would 100% have figured out something was up no matter what they did, assuming they didn't just stand still and Sacchi walk past without glancing in their direction: not moving doesn't work because Shiori kneeling on the bed is sus: the two of them sitting there blushing like fools doesn't work because it's obviously sus; Shiori jumping back under the covers doesn't work because the hurried bed creaking is a dead giveaway and totally sus. But they chose the silliest possible option (which I can only assume was Jiro wanting to jump under the covers and pretend he wasn't there).

she can't seriously expect Jiro to hold out for her
Fully agree. She's got absolutely no claim to him in any fashion, at this point.

And good shout, Mei, that Jiro is the type to go where he's pushed. Very astute.

you would probably take the act first, ask later approach too.
Y'know, I couldn't say, anymore. Would I have, at that age? I probably wouldn't, now. Or, rather, I'd be smart enough to know (now) that this situation was indicative of something else. Or afraid that I was being set up for blackmail. So...yeah, I dunno.

...look, don't mind me and my paranoia/self-esteem issues, over here.

Permission to bonk me granted.
...permission for us or for Akari?

Wouldn't this have the exact opposite effect?
Of course! Akari's not the only one with 3D chess moves!

Nah I can't even lie I'm with Madoka on this one. I would be 100% okay with it. I'd welcome it, even.
Well, sure, we'd all like to be surprised by a hot girl we're already crushing on wandering in on us while we're changing.
[looks at post-lockdown tummy]

[sighs]
My comment was more to the fact that she didn't seem to think anything of it. Like, it wasn't a seduction play. And she certainly doesn't think she has tacit permission to do so. She barely reacts to his "um, I was about to shower, so..." line.

Just struck me as odd.

It's honestly not even an overstatement to say Akari carries this show.
Not at all. It's as impressive that this is the case as it is absurd that it has ended up being the case. Because it really shouldn't be down to Akari.

And yet...

We all obviously new she was lying out her ass to get a rise out of him
Can we all just stop to appreciate any girl who would do this? You gotta have some level of fun in you and a good sense of humour to so be so straight faced and even consider doing this to begin with... at least for me, this is mega bonus points (if you can have a fun girl, I'm most certain you will enjoy your relationship a lot more).

dude the underwear+oversized hoodie is god tier
It most certainly is god tier!

I think, like you, I would have preferred the teasing about them having sex ending a lot quicker
Not entirely on topic here but... Akari comes across a lot more innocent at some times but then at others, just out right drops the clothes and goes all in... hmmm.

Also...why is it okay for them to have spent the night like that? Who is monitoring their behavior?! This show makes to goddamn sense!!!
I keep thinking this about so many situations. Also, lets be honest, is it even okay??? Not them but the teachers, like... watching? So take this scene, she strips to her undies (effectively)... and some teacher is behind the camera? She is commonly in nothing but her undies with a shirt or something and that's fine too?? Surely the FBI-Kun should be knocking in sensei's door... unless that has happened and thus is why they are allowed to do this, because there is no viewer anymore!

But it was also very obviously a chocolate shell filled with liquid. I can't imagine Jiro would have one without noticing this was what was going on, let alone three. So, if these were just soaked in or made with whiskey...yeah, no.
Yeah this is my thing. When its filled with it or seriously potent, its gonna give you a kick after you eat one (or bite into it), no way you have three without realising?
I get its a over used anime joke... just one i never really enjoy i guess, It certainly wouldn't bother me as much if they actually made it out to be the strong stuff and they was abusing this over just enjoying a soaked-flavour.

THAT'S NOT HOW LEGS WORK!!!
I couldn't help laugh at this statement. Mostly because most of us have legs, I'm sure they wasn't limited on reference for this scene!

because the hurried bed creaking is a dead giveaway and totally sus
Could they not have just been jumping on the bed for funsies? no? okay :(
Ironically, she probably (and thus didn't) would of been much less likely to discover them is they put on a show, not literally but maybe played into the creaking and stuff, odds are she would leave, worse case she pulls the curtain back to see two kids rocking a bed looking like children, no case do they lose here... not that i would expect anyone to think or do this... no idea why i even mention it!

Or afraid that I was being set up for blackmail. So...yeah, I dunno.
You know life sucks when this is a sad truth.

.look, don't mind me and my paranoia/self-esteem issues, over here.
hey no judgement here, I'm kind of the same.

Ah, I see you equally appreciate the worlds best ghost protag! Akari, the one character who somehow never made "having no presence" get old.

[looks at self]
[sighs]

My comment was more to the fact that she didn't seem to think anything of it. Like, it wasn't a seduction play.
This continues to baffle me with Akari, as suggested above, one minute she is just cute and/or innocent then she enters tease mode. Moments like this, she treats like there is nothing even slightly abnormal, yet others she would be flustered... very strange.

...come on--just make out already!

Okay, so, standard business: Akari is great, Minami and Shiori are dull, Kamo makes me chuckle a bit, and Akari's friends are actually pretty great and I'd like to see more of them. Hooray for yukata-Akari. Our main duo is adorable I hope they get together soon. And I think the Minami/Shiori misunderstanding was clever, if awkwardly long in presentation.

NOW...I am a very forgiving fellow, when it comes to drawing out a romance for ongoing series reason. I love all the buildup. I love all the self-doubt that allows for all the extended and unnecessary buildup. I do. I love it to the moon and back.

But what the f***, show? Explain to me how EITHER ONE OF THEM is dense enough not to see what is going on, here. There's not even a tacit, more innocent Scum's Wish-y "this doesn't count you're just a placeholder" framework to all this stuff. And I don't think we can hide behind the "well, sure, it looks like that but it's exaggerated for effect rather than literal" that I so often invoke for these kinds of things.

He's hugging her from behind, she's holding him there, she's begging him to call out her name while semi-orgasming--I'm sorry, but sudden fireworks isn't enough of an excuse to drop this. Like, at this point, after the dozen other times they've all but made out (and, in Akari's case, literally confessed), I can't make excuses for it.

I mean, it's not that I have a problem with the situation that plays out in this episode, but...how many times are we going to have them basically standing at the altar in their wedding outfits before one of them says, "I think maybe I like you"?

I started really bored by this show and the nonsensical plot really didnt catch my attention.

but i got a lot better as it progressed im even not hating the male MC which is a rare thing on those animes.

just wodering how the side couple will end.

203aa2a2-2d55-4327-a45c-ae39b6fabf3b_text.gif

...come on--just make out already!

Okay, so, standard business: Akari is great, Minami and Shiori are dull, Kamo makes me chuckle a bit, and Akari's friends are actually pretty great and I'd like to see more of them. Hooray for yukata-Akari. Our main duo is adorable I hope they get together soon. And I think the Minami/Shiori misunderstanding was clever, if awkwardly long in presentation.

NOW...I am a very forgiving fellow, when it comes to drawing out a romance for ongoing series reason. I love all the buildup. I love all the self-doubt that allows for all the extended and unnecessary buildup. I do. I love it to the moon and back.

But what the f***, show? Explain to me how EITHER ONE OF THEM is dense enough not to see what is going on, here. There's not even a tacit, more innocent Scum's Wish-y "this doesn't count you're just a placeholder" framework to all this stuff. And I don't think we can hide behind the "well, sure, it looks like that but it's exaggerated for effect rather than literal" that I so often invoke for these kinds of things.

He's hugging her from behind, she's holding him there, she's begging him to call out her name while semi-orgasming--I'm sorry, but sudden fireworks isn't enough of an excuse to drop this. Like, at this point, after the dozen other times they've all but made out (and, in Akari's case, literally confessed), I can't make excuses for it.

I mean, it's not that I have a problem with the situation that plays out in this episode, but...how many times are we going to have them basically standing at the altar in their wedding outfits before one of them says, "I think maybe I like you"?

probably until the last ep?

maybe not even that. hahaha

and Akari's friends are actually pretty great and I'd like to see more of them.
Hmm, I'm conflicted here. See you are in fact correct, they are good friends and part of me wants them more, but also, nope! Okay, let me explain, this will sound dumb as its so stupid but it irks me a little.
They are trying to put Akari off Jiro, which okay isn't all true but it is. See, They do imply if she likes Jiro they wouldn't reject that but they insist she thinks more as-if implying "do you really want that guy" ("that guy") being the heavily motioned critique here. Look, I get that, they are helping her by not fobbing her on to anyone as she is stuck between feeling left-behind and somewhat rejected from Minami as he is Shiori on the surface are getting on well, and this is my dilemma. They are acting in her interest by making her think it over but also, I still feel they sour it against Jiro. I'm not Jiro's biggest fan but their attitude to him isn't bad but it's hardly neutral either. Now again, I do get them, they been helping her with Minami and of course they want her to take Mr Hottie, but i dunno, I feel they don't like the idea of Jiro though wouldn't oppose it if she chose it, which doesn't make them bad but it is that sour taste of knowing they only accept him because Akari.
Don't get my point? It's cool, it's not easy to explain, I guess i just feel they aren't fussed of her choosing him despite they aren't entirely opposed to it. They themselves see she gets closer to him (like how she don't even deny the feelings now).
Moving on.

Oh, new orange guy likes Akari, that's cute, now go away!!! No seriously, didn't need this kid. He seems nice and all but why is he here? He looks to be a copy/paste of Jiro just not as ugly. Normally new competition is created in the form of new personality.
Also, why do we need a new rival? Even if he is never taken seriously. I quite like the current pace, having a 3-way conflict feels less enjoyable as you know the person in the middle (Akari) can't feel strongly for any if she stuck on all of them, where with 2, it's pretty understandable for her to be worried, making the wrong choice undoubtedly rules out the other person and any recovery but also, it is realistic to see someone conflicted over their feelings. Three? I dunno, it feels like you could figure out who stands out more and even if you chose wrong, odds are one of the other two will be happy as a sloppy seconds.
So yeah, Go away orange guy before you even try, we just don't need you, nothing personal.

which is to say:
I love all the buildup. I love all the self-doubt that allows for all the extended and unnecessary buildup. I do. I love it to the moon and back.
This works better with two. I equally am the same (as we know), I love the whole buildup, it's fun. Harems of course are fine but they are established from the start, not near the end.

Explain to me how EITHER ONE OF THEM is dense enough not to see what is going on, here.
I think it's just denial at this stage. They are both troubled with the fact they both liked their crushes but have come to feel this way about one another, sure it could just be the setup they are in making them go crazy for one another but it's pretty hard to deny feelings slapped in your face all day. Guess that internal conflict of Shiori/Minami being their real love(s) is holding them from being honest.
Which i know is obvious but I just assume this is the only reason one hasn't made a real move. They don't wanna feel their previous feelings might haunt them and equally, probably don't wanna regret making a move and potentially regretting it later.

Still, I liked this one. Akari looking pretty great in the Yukata is one thing but it played pretty nicely. Jiro getting worked up over tying her Yukata as she constantly reminds him who she is going with, seeing his jealously was pretty good (though despite her obvious forced empathis here, i struggled to see her goal, if she wanted to make him jealous, why? She had her mind and plan made up to see the other guy anyway, felt a cruel to me).
I love Minami couldn't make it (of course)
Loved her crying to him and coming home and then the ending "call my name" scene, good stuff.

to re-quote:
I love all the buildup. I love all the self-doubt that allows for all the extended and unnecessary buildup. I do. I love it to the moon and back.
this is why these shows sit so well for me. I love this stuff so much!!!

But seriously, her Yukata looked great.

The Minami misunderstanding... meh, Like Akari herself, I was glad he couldn't come. I honestly don't care for him. Part of me says it would be fun to see her go on a date with him, for the only reason to realise its not as fun as she thinks and that helps making her mind up but oh well.

I just kind of enjoy watching the main two.

Still, her friends being in more might not be bad, just wish they would give virgin-kun a chance, I might wanna punch him but he ain't a bad person

I've just discovered YouTube videos of people going for walks on snowy nights, and I have fallen in love with the internet, again.

Um...anyway.
Don't get my point?
I get what you're saying, don't worry. I don't see it the way you do, but I get what you're saying.

To me, they're less down on Jiro/up on Minami than they are concerned about Akari and the potential unseriousness of her feelings--that is, that they think it's possibly just Akari struggling with ye olde being-around-someone-all-the-time crush more than a true shift in her feelings. I mean, she's been into Minami for a loooooong time. And Akari doesn't seem to be particularly enthusiastic about liking Jiro--even though they note that Akari doesn't even pretend to deny being into him, anymore.

Add to it that they're both also totally aware that Shiori is into Jiro and, I imagine, have only seen Jiro get blushy over Shiori (rather than seeing him get blushy over Akari) and...I dunno, I just think they're trying to keep her focused more than steer her in just that one direction. I think they'd change their tunes as soon as Akari was like, "I'm in love with Jiro."

Oh, new orange guy likes Akari, that's cute, now go away!!!
Heh, yeah.

why do we need a new rival?
I don't think he is. As in, I think this was just a clunky bit of writing, like the too-long segment about Minami and Shiori coming back from the supermarket and then splitting up a couple of blocks from the festival. I think the new guy was just there to emphasize that Akari's been so openly focused on Minami that none of the other guys would try to hit on her (and, thus, potentially distract her or test her feelings)...and it lasted way longer than it needed to with the goldfish thing.

I'll be surprised if he and his crushing on her come back.

Surprised and disappointed.

probably don't wanna regret making a move and potentially regretting it later
I think denial itself is fine, but I'd be more willing to go along with this if both of them were aware that they were avoiding dealing with their sort-of relationship. I just think them lying to themselves is a more realistic way to draw this out than both thinking the other doesn't feel the same way. There's too much to ignore, in my opinion. Because each thing they're ignoring is HUGE.

if she wanted to make him jealous, why? She had her mind and plan made up to see the other guy anyway, felt a cruel to me
Well, the shallowest reason I can think of is "she's a gal, and that's what they do." But I don't think it's that.

It should be her goading him into making the first move to jumpstart their relationship. But I don't think it's that, either. Sadly.

More than likely, this is that middle ground I was complaining about with the whole structure of their relationship: she's sort of subconsciously trying to goad him into jumpstarting their relationship but consciously being all about Minami. Which is a sentiment I feel like we're an episode or two beyond already.

Ep 7:
This is why I'm reading the manga. Just admit you (Akari) want to get married (to Jiro) for real. Shiori is too timid to make a difference anymore. Knowing how Japan is with romance stories though they'll milk it for 100+ chapters and we're at ch. 55 currently.

and I have fallen in love with the internet, again.
I give it 5 minutes!

I don't see it the way you do
To me, they're less down on Jiro/up on Minami than they are concerned about Akari and the potential unseriousness of her feelings--that is, that they think it's possibly just Akari struggling with ye olde being-around-someone-all-the-time crush more than a true shift in her feelings
Yeah I'm sort of conflicted. I honestly do believe that they have her best interest in mind and of course just don't want her rushing into things with virgin-kun when as you say, it could be merely over exposure due to them living together, just they way they word things always feels a bit one sided to me, but i guess that could be as you say, she has been craving Minami for some time, so they might just not wanna see that wasted.
On a side note, whilst i couldn't even begin to doubt the project doesn't have this ulterior motive but... surely the schools realise these kids will likely pair off as couples, right? I'm certain they know it but living with someone can sway you opinion. Not just spending the extra time with them but as a whole, like they will by default be there for you when your upset or struggling with life, which will possibly move you from friends to crush to more.

Add to it that they're both also totally aware that Shiori is into Jiro
That scene with the trash probably would have me thinking otherwise unless they are completely aware of her feelings. She doesn't help herself, at all.

I think they'd change their tunes as soon as Akari was like, "I'm in love with Jiro."
Hmmm, wonder how they would treat him though. I mentioned this a while back but the opening to the show never gave a positive vibe between them. I wont go as far to say they was horrible to him or anything but they wasn't really pleasant, must be awkward mood if he held that to them... he wont but that's not the point!

I think the new guy was just there to emphasize that Akari's been so openly focused on Minami that none of the other guys would try to hit on her
I'll be surprised if he and his crushing on her come back.
I hope not, though it did seem to have made a point of him being in that photo it shows us with her friends and Minami, why fit his face in there?
Also, the goldfish scene, i certainly agree by this point he went on for too long but it also confirmed he does like Akari (which... was obvious) and she never gives him a second glance. It certainly could be just a way to pad out the festival with Minami walking through but it felt a little... too detailed for him. I can't help feel he is coming back for more, which will suck. I prefer these things being limited to its current setup.

Surprised and disappointed.
[nods head]

I just think them lying to themselves is a more realistic way to draw this out than both thinking the other doesn't feel the same way. There's too much to ignore, in my opinion. Because each thing they're ignoring is HUGE.
I guess as petty as this sounds, its probably for content reasons. I agree with you here but something tells me the writers have zero intention of making things progress, and out right going into anything cuts their filler content. As in, they can drag out the denial, then move onto them coming to see their feelings but still not progressing etc etc 10 volumes later, they confess.
Its funny really, a bit more investment in writing could carry this series with them slowly progressing their relationship even if they never actually get to dating any sooner (though i of course think they would benefit from this).

It should be her goading him into making the first move to jumpstart their relationship
Shame really, if i felt she wanted a reaction from this to do just that, get a rise from Jiro for a reason beyond making him jealous, like making him start making a move (even flirting!!!) I wouldn't even questioned this scene, I guess it's due to them not having a seemingly noticeable motive.

she's sort of subconsciously trying to goad him into jumpstarting their relationship but consciously being all about Minami. Which is a sentiment I feel like we're an episode or two beyond already.
I think they will sadly play this fiddle for a few more episodes too, I agree this should be something we have done and are leaving behind, but i guess the show will stick to this plot like glue, just because it pads it out.
Still can't understand why shows are afraid to get the dating happening sooner, I started watching Horimiya and
This show proves 100% you can make the main couple start dating early and it works well. I say this with fingers crossed it doesn't change... I only just watched ep 6 so plenty of time to make me take my comment back).
Knowing how Japan is with romance stories though they'll milk it for 100+ chapters and we're at ch. 55 currently.
This is my point exactly! Gotta get that filler!!!

The series so far.....

It seems to me that Akari's personality is, or has been, broken into three sections. Maybe it was never one whole personality to begin with. Yet, one facet of her personality seems to be the Gyaru girl and all her obnoxious, superior, egotistical, and self-centered attitudes. Maybe that type of personality just 'comes with the territory' when one is a Gyaru girl. She seems to use those traits as a shield of some sort, keeping her insulated from outside factors that may influence her. The second facet is that of her sugary, congenial, sloppy wet 'perfect wife' presentation that she hands to Jiro 'on a silver platter'. Looks good, but must taste bad ! Yet Jiro seems to be so dense that he can't see that for what it actually is, just a ploy to give to Akari what she really wants. The third section is that of Akari's real, honest, intimate personality that she seems to keep hidden under the other two. But, little by little, she is showing it to Jiro at select times and occasions, and at other times, too! He doesn't seem to be aware of that happening, or if he does notice, he does not act, or only occasionally does, in reaction to his glimpses of her 'real self'. The constant changing of the mix of these three personality traits is what gives Akari such an appeal to me, and makes the whole marriage practical so interesting. Mind you, it was a bizarre concept to begin with, but made all the more so by Akari and Jiro's attitude toward it and participation in it. Akari is who carries the story, and she is who will make or break not only Jiro, but to a lesser degree, the other characters. Will she be true to herself ?

Back