Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

that was the first pretty good ep i've seen of this series. Not great... and I'll refuse to compare it to the Lior in the first series (because i don't want to get into an event by event comparison).. but it wasn't bad. and it didn't make me ill to watch it... like the first two did. so I'll give it a thumbs up.

I actually really liked this episode, they had a good mixture of comedy and action and the homunculi were pretty darned badass, I didn't like how weak willed Lust was in the original.

Aight, just watched the latest ep,

Note: probably someone has already made this point but I just realized it.

It's a fine ep, it's just the same as the last FMA lior part. I mean we've got the new animation stlye, but hell it's good animation. This doesn't really concern me anymore.

So, we've all been wondering what going to happen with this anime. I decided that I should really read the manga and see if that would shed any light on it for me...and it did. You see that FMA anime veers of from the manga about halfway through (somewhere around the greed and chimera arc) and takes FMA into it's own grounds and ends the series(which they did masterfully well and is still my Fav anime). The manga is still ongoing! Therefore it ain't finished yet! (yay, I'm so happy) but it seems to be nearing and end...(I not so happy, though it will bring closure)

My theory: The new FMA is going to follow the manga and present the ending the way the author wished it to be (plus they're still milking the series but meh). The new FMA will probably follow the old anime till the greed/chimera arc with a few random additions to keep previous FMA viewers entertained(ergo the Ice alchemist who ain't in the previous anime nor the manga) .

PS: I read the entire FMA manga till it's most recent chapter over friday and saturday, I suggest that if you have any semblance of a life not to do that as it will make your brain hurt and take a few hours(15 plus) or however long it takes you to read 90+ Chapters n_n

Last edited:
there's only a handful of decent shows this season :(
this is one.
I always kind of hated Rose the first time around.
This time was no different.

Just finished the third ep and while I'm still loving the series atm, I find myself having a few problems with it.

First - They are going quick which is nice but I think it's just a little too quick and they seem to be rushing though it leaving out some of the parts that helped build the story in the first.

Second - While I like Comedy and I really like the mixed genre thing. I think they are just over doing it especially using the simplistic drawings/ Angery faces. Strangely enough I'm not tired off all the Short and "wait that guys the Full Metal Alchemist?" jokes.

Third - The Animation style reminds me too much of Soul Eater, While I thought the unique sytle was great of Soul Eater and helped make it interesting and give it just that something more. Now it's not so unique, even if it not to the same extent. Plus I don't really like it that much in Full Metal Alchemist it just doesn't seem to fit.

Episode 3 did a pretty good job plowing through the Lior part. It's a bit of a rush job, but that's okay as I know it'll slow down soon enough.

I really don't think they are rushing. So they packed the first 2 episodes from 2003 into one episode, so what? The manga is way longer then the original series. Just chill out and enjoy.

was never too keen on the first run of FMA but I am interested on seeing where this leads. Although, I should probably watch the original so I have a comparison.

Has anyone noticed that during the Eye Catch were they say "FullMetal Alchemist" 2x it reminded them of the eye catch in Last Exhile?

Has anyone noticed that during the Eye Catch were they say "FullMetal Alchemist" 2x it reminded them of the eye catch in Last Exhile?

"Lasto Exile"

yeah I took note. I've heard it in another anime recently as well...
ah yes it was "Strawberry Eggs"

As of right now, I'll look at these earlier episodes as sort of a "re-cap" until they get to the new stuff. But I am loving it so far and I loved the original FMA anime (as different from the manga as it was). Ed is a little bit different and I don't really mind so much. He's more childish and when he tries to act like an adult he just comes off as a kid being a smartass whereas in the original he seemed wise for his age. Like a mini adult. Edward is a kid and I'm glad to finally see him acting like one. The alchemy exam was one of my favorite scenes. Yes. Bradley rocks my world.

FMA popped my anime cherry so it has always held a soft spot in my heart. I am a huge fan of the original . Though i have heard that the manga is amazing , I still think that this is going to fall short of the original anime. I might be biased but some of things that were great about the anime was how dark it was . This seems to be leaning heavly on humor. also the animation isn't on par .

FMA popped my anime cherry so it has always held a soft spot in my heart. I am a huge fan of the original . Though i have heard that the manga is amazing , I still think that this is going to fall short of the original anime. I might be biased but some of things that were great about the anime was how dark it was . This seems to be leaning heavly on humor. also the animation isn't on par .
Well, a lot of people who are reading the manga claim it's being darker than the anime.

Well, there are a lot of people who seem to like the manga story better- that just comes down to personal opinion and what kind of story, story structure, and character development you prefer...I guess. The anime is much darker, though- it just is.
---
OT- episode three was better put together than the previous two and felt less rushed. still- schmeh, we'll see where it goes. probably watch #4 tonight.

episode 4..

nice. they packed another 2 episode arc from 2003 into a single episode.
this pace is the best.
Shou's fate was a lot different this time :)
cool.
Scar is such a badass

another good ep i don't think it was no where near as emotional as the origional series, but since im gonna cosider these recaps that dosn't matter

Is it just me or was scar's kill method from the original series was a lot more gruesome? I was quite partial to the exploding head trick. Whatever he is doing in the new series just looks like they receive several deep gashes =/

I did like the scene with the steel-blood alchemist regardless however.

Back