Fruits Basket (New)

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by Zed60K, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Zed60K

Zed60K Database Moderator

Posted by Zed60K on Jan 21, 2019
  2. EternalYumeLove

EternalYumeLove Well-Known Member

I'm really excited about this anime! Not only will it cover the entire manga, but also have amazing animation! Finally a shoujo/romance anime... we haven't had anime in this genre for a long time!

smile4ever, alaxandria and Nicknames like this.
  3. femcore

femcore Well-Known Member

We're doing this again huh? Well, why not.

Get hype.

4. Demonskid

Demonskid Active Member

Finally a thread for the 2019 version! April needs to get here soon so we can watch it. ovo

5. MintyAmbitions

MintyAmbitions Well-Known Member

oWo
    UwU
    I'm SO excited.
    Fruits Basket was among my beginning first ~

So to hear about this is a dream. My patience is so lil'
    Hnnnnnnn Hnnnnn Hnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    :love:

Moreee moreee moreee and to followwwwwww!​

EternalYumeLove and Nicknames like this.
  6. RolokoLamperouge

RolokoLamperouge New Member

The moment we have all been waiting for is finally coming to pass. Thank you Jesus Yamato our anime lord and savior for blessing us with this miracle!

alaxandria and EternalYumeLove like this.
  7. Zelfa

Zelfa New Member

Posted by Zelfa on Feb 2, 2019
    Can't wait for april

alaxandria and EternalYumeLove like this.
  8. Chiifox

Chiifox New Member

Posted by Chiifox on Feb 9, 2019
    OH YES FINALLY IM EXCITED AS FRICK

EternalYumeLove likes this.
  9. OneCraftyLady

OneCraftyLady Well-Known Member

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS. I don't usually think about anime that aren't airing yet because I get inpatient about it but MAN I can't wait.

I'm so excited and also so anxious that it won't be as good as the original but It's also been ages since I saw the original so I might be remembering it through nostalgia goggles. I guess we'll see.

10. Karin84

Karin84 Database Moderator

I am so excited as well...but my expectations are high because I love everything about the original. I hope it does not disappoint! April, please come quickly!

11. RabidFangirl

RabidFangirl Active Member

So, so excited! The art style seems awfully nice, too, so there's that.

12. OneCraftyLady

OneCraftyLady Well-Known Member

13. ledgela

ledgela New Member

Nobody understands how excited I am for Fruits Basket to air again! Ever since I got into anime and manga, I have definitely seen the anime quite a few times and read the manga at least 10 times! It was one of my firsts and has a very special place in my heart. I can't even express how much this series means to me so I am really hyped to see the rework (especially since it will follow the manga storyline). Can't wait!!!!

14. Demonskid

Demonskid Active Member

15. Starra

Starra Database Moderator

Knowing that Akito is gonna be voiced by Sakamoto Maaya is giving me some hope for this remake to not be a complete failure lol.

I love Akito...

EternalYumeLove and Karin84 like this.
  16. ShoumaTaka

ShoumaTaka Database Moderator

Ahhhh ! Can’t wait for this to air use to go to my schools library every week to checkout 4 volumes of fruits basket( think I even kept one for myself , that was over 8 years ago though) ,.

Hopefully this one is just as good as the original

EternalYumeLove and Karin84 like this.
  17. RabidFangirl

RabidFangirl Active Member

Funimation bringing back the original English VA's is making me very happy! =)

18. pureply

pureply Member

Fruits Basket was the second anime I ever watched, it's very dear to me and I have a lot of fond memories drawing the characters in my lessons at school. When I first heard the announcement for it, I was actually pretty worried, but on seeing some clips, the animation and the casting I'm excited for it now.

19. Starra

Starra Database Moderator

Purely out of curiosity: have you read the manga at all? The 2001 anime is pretty different to the manga so you might find it a bit jarring if you're expecting it to be exactly the same. It's not entirely different, but they did change some stuff and cut things out and the characters have more complex personalities in the manga.

Not that it really matters either way (and you're totally free to enjoy the first anime adaptation!), I'm just interested. If you haven't read the manga, I highly suggest it. If you have... ignore me lol.

20. EternalYumeLove

EternalYumeLove Well-Known Member

Really? They will even use the same dub voice actors? That's really cool!

ValkyrieNight likes this.