Fruits Basket 1st Season

Episode 7:

The new opening is growing on me.

I've seen all of these and they are just so well recreated in the season that I don't have much input or criticism but I'm just loving this so far. We've acquired Momiji. I'm hoping the hot springs episode in soon cuz I wanna see if they kept Momiji's song in it and sing it if it is.

Isn't there also an episode about a race or something? And we meet the cow there? I don't remember if that's Fruits Basket ot...something I read in Ranma 1/2.......D:< My memory is terrible.

Also never liked Akito. As far as I'm remembered he's always a dick right? It's been long enough that I honestly forget a lot of what is actually in the story so i'm both reliving my favorite scenes and thoroughly enjoying the ride through the parts of the story I've forgotten

Episode 8:

Yay! I'm glad they went to spend the new year with her! I'd forgotten most of this episode! :D

Kyo is my favorite still. It's fun watching the story again but I can't wait until we get into some parts of the story that wasn't covered in the original season. I can't wait.

Catching up on recent episodes:

Ep. 7
I still can't get into Momiji's new english voice actor.. I get that he's half German, but he was born in raised in Japan. The German accent shouldn't be THAT thick.. A slight accent, would have been fine.. but half the time I can't understand him because it's so thick. Reminds me of my grandparents.

It was a beautiful episode regardless.

Ep. 8
The New Years episode was always one of my favorite, and this one reinforced that.

Ep. 9
Ahh the Marathon episode! Hana.. haha.. So much in this one made me smile.

I'm so pleased with this version.

In the 2001 version, Haru told her: "Try calling him by his nickname and see what happens" and the nickname was Prince Yuki, a name he doesn't like much. And it's because of that, that it always bothered me.

In the 2019 version, because she's been calling him Sohma in this one, they were able to use the proper joke where she calls him by his given name instead. This was one of the changes in the English Dub I looked forward to seeing and was so happy it was there.

Episode 10

It’s getting close to volume 4 of the manga, which is what I’ve read up to. I should get volume 5 soon.

As in the manga, I get the impression that Kagura’s mellowed out. She certainly wasn’t as violent in this episode as the last one with her. I’m thinking her temper is related to her curse and Tohru is slowly breaking it.

It seems that Shigeru definitely loves Akito. I don’t remember the manga showing his dream as a kid, with all the flowers, but here, it makes me think he wants to “purify” Akito somehow, perhaps by using Tohru to break the curse.

I thought the double date was super cute.

I have to say that I relate to Tohru’s thoughts about wanting to “wipe away” the Sohmas’ anxieties. I wanna be able to do that too, and I’ve figured out that for me, the best way is to make music and stories that can do that for people, because if I interact too much with direct negative feelings they tend to jump to me.

Poor Shigure’s editor. She seems like she needs serious help. I didn’t quite get her in the manga either, why is she like this?

Ep 9 was great, so many funny things:
Kyo running barefoot! Haru munching on Shigeru's sleeve while he was a cow! I'd forgotten about the poker game in the cold lol. I think I might borrow Haru's "..it's a mystery" phrase lmao

Episode 10:

What a lovely episode! The double date was cute. Kagura was a little annoying, but better than the first time she showed up. I love Shigeru's/Kaito part!

Episode 9:

A hah! There IS an episode with a race in it!!! :D

Loved it.

Haru was great. The scene where he turned into the Ox XD "MOOOOOOOO"

I don't remember what the next episode is. I think the only other episode I remember is the one where they go to the hotsprings and momiji sings his song and I remember the very last episode. The nest episode is going to be a total surprise to me. o.o

Episode 10:

Oooo I don't remember Shigure being like this :O This is interesting. I'm so excited we're going to actually get all of this story <3

Also that movie they watched looked hilarious XD

I think the next episode is going to be my hot springs episode! :O YESS. Gimme.

I'm just glad they did Shigure like manga Shigure. In the old one Shigure was too soft. It was not Shigure at all.. I hope they don't change the other important scenes either. I don't want to spoil people who didn't read the manga or didn't watch the first season. But really I hope they don't ruin the Kyo's scenes like first season. I really want to see it like manga....

Episode 7:

Also never liked Akito. As far as I'm remembered he's always a dick right? It's been long enough that I honestly forget a lot of what is actually in the story so i'm both reliving my favorite scenes and thoroughly enjoying the ride through the parts of the story I've forgotten
totally have mixed memories of this series. (old one) Since I never read the manga, I did not know that this is supposed to be closer to the original source material.

And that opening, is kinda boring for me, but yeah it sorta grew on me... whenever I forget to skip it. The ending is where it is at. Super cute.

Ep 9
Just for clarification, I think Sohma is an Ox even if he looks more like a cow.
Dude knows how to dress.
he is a hella lot sexier than previous incarnation. He always reminded me of forgetful characters in other anime/manga or maybe Lunch in DB, who sneezed into a crazy person. Anyhow, that he can snap out of it when needed is a redeeming quality.
So, why didn't they just let him become the rat? A rat in a pocket is a lot easier to carry than a human on an Ox.

Ep 11: This one had me rolling in laughter. x'D

They didn't add Momiji's Onsen Song which was kinda saddening, probably a good thing as the english dub Momiji's thick accent is hard to understand as it is. He said something earlier on while he and Tohru were cleaning the office building and I couldn't understand a darn thing.

I really am enjoying this remake. So happy that we finally got it and even more happy that they're doing a beautiful job with it.

Last edited:
Episode 11
Kinda pissed they left out Momiji's song. Come on, their songs are golden :'(
While I love Momiji to bits he's accent is annoying. He's half German but born and raised in Japan plus other reasons why it shouldn't be that strong. But then I have a pet peeve on accents as media always fuck up my country's accent :P
The "properness" and her apologies were spot on though.
Tohru's reaction to Momiji's age, bless her cotton socks :laugh:

I need more! It's too beautiful:crying:

Episode 11:

Beautiful episode, but the best part imo was the "the Idiot Traveller" story part! I like how surprised Tohru was when she found out Momji's age... I was just as surprised... and she actually was ok with him sleeping by her lol!

Episode 11

I remember the foolish traveler story in the manga. I never saw a fool, I saw a genuinely kind individual who just happened to live in a world where everyone else was a jerk.

It begs the question, what kind of world is that? I can't think of any place where everyone save one person is unkind.

Back