FLCL: Progressive

The odds of this being good are astronomically low. If I were a betting man I wouldn't put money on this being good even if they gave me 1000 to 1 odds. Everything about this reeks of a cheap nostalgia grab. The original already told a satisfying story and was well wrapped up by the end, there wasn't really a good hook for a sequel, the studio that was most responsible for the anime's style is all but dead these days, and generally sequels that come over a decade after the original suck balls. How many 16 year later sequels can you name that are actually worth watching?

I agree if it's good then it'll probably be awesome, but I have a hard time imagining it. I'm just go in expecting nothing and hope for the best.

The odds of this being good are astronomically low. If I were a betting man I wouldn't put money on this being good even if they gave me 1000 to 1 odds. Everything about this reeks of a cheap nostalgia grab. The original already told a satisfying story and was well wrapped up by the end, there wasn't really a good hook for a sequel, the studio that was most responsible for the anime's style is all but dead these days, and generally sequels that come over a decade after the original suck balls. How many 16 year later sequels can you name that are actually worth watching?

I agree if it's good then it'll probably be awesome, but I have a hard time imagining it. I'm just go in expecting nothing and hope for the best.

This pretty much. FLCL is easily my top 10, maybe 3 anime ever and I can't for the life of me think of a good reason to make a sequel. All I can hope for is for it to not suck horribly, but the odds are against me, since I know I'll hate even if it's just okay.

I hope they bring it soon, 2017 is nearly half way completed. I just hope they don't destroy it, the topic I ran across above stating a reboot like that of teen titans makes me cringe a bit, nearly to almost feeling slight fear because of it. maybe, just maybe, they won't screw it up and it'll actually be good and random like the original. I wonder if they are going to get the pillows to come back? that intro song to this day still sits freely in my mind. since adult swim/toonami is co-producing this can't be too good, but we shall see. sometimes they can surprise us, sometimes...

Anime Expo panel is happening soon friends. Big stuff is coming.

Last edited:
It's being directed by the dude who did Flip Flappers. Which means if nothing else it won't lose any of the bounce it had in it's step.

It's being directed by the dude who did Flip Flappers.
nmmhc05uqcfk9rkjq8z6.gif

Back