[Fixed][Bug] Anime Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarchoo

Basically, what's happening is that I'm attempting to watch My Hero Academia, and I'm clicking on the last episode of season one, scrolling down, seeing text for a moment on the bottom of where the anime would normally play, and then just see a black screen there. I've waited a couple minutes and nothing happened, and when I try to refresh, the same thing happens. It doesn't happen every time; however, it has happened more just barely than it has in the past. This morning I got one black screen, and then it worked. Later, this night, I've gotten on 3 times in a row without it working. It doesn't seem to be an internet problem, as I can watch YouTube just fine. Any ideas on what's wrong? -1/3/19

First off, please provide some links to videos that this has happened on.

Second, we'll need more information about your setup. What browser do you use and on what operating system?

Okay, so far it has only happened on My Hero Academia (season 1), as far as I've seen, as I just tested it and a different anime(Ouran Host Club). Only My Hero Academia blacked out and wouldn't show the anime. All the episodes on My Hero Academia seem to be affected, so I'll just link the first one https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/my-hero-academia/videos/197463. My browser is Mozilla Firefox on my OS Windows 64-Bit.

Have you tried in incognito/private browsing mode? To make sure it's not something related to extensions/plugins

Yeah. I only use private browsing, but I checked on normal mode as well just to make sure it wasn't related to that.

Had one of the mods test with the same setup and it's working fine. He mentioned the need to click "allow" once you enable flash for this series, so it could be your permissions got wonky somehow. CR hasn't rolled out the HTML5 player fully, it seems.

I check out my permissions for the website, and it says that flash is enabled, and I've hit that allow button 5 times, and no luck. I'll now restart my computer and see if that helps.

Had one of the mods test with the same setup and it's working fine. He mentioned the need to click "allow" once you enable flash for this series, so it could be your permissions got wonky somehow. CR hasn't rolled out the HTML5 player fully, it seems.

Hello, I'm also having the same problem. I was watching Gintama and when I clikced episode 80, the video screen went black as well. I checked my flash player and it was updated. I restarted my browser and it still didn't work. I left it for a while and when I tried again (this time it was episode 17) it worked, but when I open episode 80, it stopped working again. After that, nothing works. I'm using chrome. windows 10 64-bit.

Same for me, win 10 64 bit and Google Chrome. Loading videos keep loading forever :(((

BTW, i'm from Europe and this issue occurs with every video I should be able to see

Last edited:
Same issue.
Chrome, Opera, Firefox, all the same issue.
Starting to think its Anime_Planet, cos all other sites work just fine.

Also, tons of people saying the same thing, but i'm not seeing anything saying how to fix it.

Crunchyroll videos currently have issues on recent versions of Chrome, the issue is on CR's side and not on ours. We've reported it to them and are awaiting a fix.

@Sinclair1369, if you want something to be resolved you should always include a link to the video or videos that you tested.

I’m using mobile to try and watch my anime and it’s not working like a few people above but for them it’s their PC, I use iPhone I usually use safari so I thought I’d try using google to see if it would change the effect nothing happened it stayed the same black screen and I haven’t seen any changes I’ve tried refreshing multiple times clicking the video box where it’s supposed to play but no dice, can someone help? ((Edit: so I’ve also tried a few other browsers just now but nothing changed, I can’t get it to work:( ))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back