Fire Force 2nd Season

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by Damias, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Damias

Damias Database Moderator

Posted by Damias on Dec 27, 2019
  2. RascaI

RascaI Well-Known Member

Posted by RascaI on Dec 27, 2019
    Lies

Thought for sure this would be axed due to the poor sales!

Damn, I'm happy about this but also, I hope DP starts not fucking over their employees.

3. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

I might be back. It got better in the back half even though every time I started to get interested it seemed like something dumb would happen to remind me why I didn't like it in the first place.

MisterDapper and Ebonyslayer like this.
  4. Sarcataclysmal

Sarcataclysmal Database Moderator

Well, if any of you liked (or disliked) Fire Force, at the very least you could say the series was vibrantly directed (thanks to the Shaft-knowledge of Yuuki Yase), but she is being replaced as director by Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry's director aaaaaaand I dunno if that's gonna end well.

Chamality, Bennyvy and RascaI like this.
  5. Bennyvy

Bennyvy Member

I don't expect too much from season two, but I like that Aimer is joining in --> OP(?) song 'Spark Again'.

Ebonyslayer likes this.
  6. MisterDapper

MisterDapper Well-Known Member

It's surprising anyone still watches this show and Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry's director just makes it worse

7. CrimsonKiss

CrimsonKiss New Member

I understand that this series isn’t the best, but it’s not as bad as people make it to be. It has an interesting story and the animation and sound effects are really good

8. RascaI

RascaI Well-Known Member

Posted by RascaI on Jul 3, 2020
    No, it is the best.

A nice strong start, not focusing too much on the last season, getting right down to business taking down a new type of enemy. And that brilliantly flashy, beautiful animation is back. I was worried there would be a downgrade in quality but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Also, the flow of the dialogue actually feels a bit more natural in this season so far, something I felt was off about the first. Maybe the director change was a good thing after all.

Dat opening doe. Aimer blesses my ears yet again.

That nude calendar segment was friggin epic. I laughed my ass off

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  9. Ebonyslayer

Ebonyslayer Well-Known Member

If I were to get into the series, it would definitely be depending on whether I can like the characters. And I don't know if that's the case, considering that this is by the author of Soul Eater(from what I heard anyway.) They got a good opening at the very least.

Chamality and RascaI like this.
  10. Teophan

Teophan Well-Known Member

EP 1

That was one hell of an episode. More like a "so here is kinda were we sorta left off but let's also reintroduce ourselves, sorta, and oh yeah a side story.......and here's the OP and ED. Enjoy!!!!"

I liked it. The OP was good and showed so many new faces without giving too much away that it kinda makes you want to know what's about to go down.

When did ep 2 get released?

AuntieEm, chopper98 and RascaI like this.
  11. Toy

Toy Well-Known Member

Posted by Toy on Jul 3, 2020
    First season was awesome, had some rocky spots early but really improved as it got into it's later half. This first episode was a fun reintroduction to it, so I'm expecting great things.

AuntieEm, chopper98 and RascaI like this.
  12. RascaI

RascaI Well-Known Member

Posted by RascaI on Jul 4, 2020
    funimation likes to flash people with early screenings that nobody knows about until they're long past

AuntieEm and Teophan like this.
  13. Teophan

Teophan Well-Known Member

BOOOOOOO
    [​IMG]

14. chopper98

chopper98 New Member

I agree, I feel like people shit on it extra hard for no reason. I mean there is valid criticisms, but i personally love it and I'm excited to watch so much more!

AuntieEm and CrimsonKiss like this.
  15. RascaI

RascaI Well-Known Member

this episode was goddamn beautiful except for the cringey masochistic old man. That fight animation feels like it only gets better. Peak shounen animation. Arthur is also coming in clutch here.
    Shinra knee-ing himself in the face was a moment of epic i won't ever forget.

Another pillar... jesus we don't need any more of those fuckers.

AuntieEm likes this.
  16. Chamality

Chamality Member

Episode 1 is basically just reintroducing the characters and random filler comedy stuff,,, so there's nothing much to review, but in my opinion they did it quite well.

Although this anime has some disappointing aspects, it never ceases to amaze me with the vibrant colors and openings. This one in particular is my favorite visuals wise

RascaI likes this.
  17. oYEETchan

oYEETchan New Member

Episode 1
    What a mixed first episode. I get the reintroduction to all the characters is a little boring, but man, the animation and sound design team had so much fucking fun with it. Plus seeing the newly assembled whole crew working like a well oiled machine was just badass and fantastic to see. And continuing with fire force's unorthodox film composition, they played the opening around 2/3 through the episode. Which just added more to the constant does of flashy animation, with a great soundtrack.

Then the second half set in, which was just pure trash fan service. Not my cup of tea, it was bland and pointless. I only mention this because it went on for a significant portion of the episode, plus the setup for it at the beginning. But I guess it's nice for those who like it. Though the ending song was great.

18. Beth0410

Beth0410 Well-Known Member

This is one of my favorite new animes. Did end up reading the manga when season 1 finished. So glad I can see more of the story animated

19. AuntieEm

AuntieEm Member

I didn't expect to find Charon funny, but he and his squad made me laugh.

RascaI likes this.
  20. RascaI

RascaI Well-Known Member

Hey, so, if things just explode all the time in this world, why are there any buildings or public property made of like, flammable wood and shit still in existence? Wouldn't everything be stone and brick at this point?

Hemfrik and AuntieEm like this.