Find a reading group

Discussion in 'General Manga Discussion' started by sothis, Jul 12, 2018.

1. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Jul 12, 2018
    Similar to the find your buddy group but for manga. Stickying this in case others would like some companionship while reading through a certain manga.

The goal is for the manga discussion threads to be used to discuss (on a chapter or vol basis - remember spoiler tags!) and to encourage adding of recommendations (it's often easiest to discuss similar manga with others!), fixing the manga pages if needed (for example, suggesting missing or incorrect tags!), etc.

If there's a manga you've been thinking of reading and would like a buddy to discuss with, post here!

Alebord likes this.
  2. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Jul 12, 2018
    Some us are starting I Am a Hero - start reading with us if you'd like, and remember to post thoughts in the discussion thread! I'm going to do it per-vol since there's so many vols.

3. Yeji

Yeji Well-Known Member

Posted by Yeji on Jun 18, 2019
    I'm not sure if this thread is ever used or not, but would anyone be interested in picking away at Ghost Hunt with me? I'm not sure if I want to jump into the anime just yet with everything else I'm watching, but I can do a few chapters of this a day and would rather have someone along for the read.

4. TheActualLee

TheActualLee Member

Anyone reading Given? :)

DemonGodsLackey likes this.
  5. Anyone interested in Demon Slayer, Here U Are or Tower of God

6. Wanna group Haikyuu?

7. TheActualLee

TheActualLee Member

Sure how far are you?

8. Nemurin238

Nemurin238 New Member

Anyone want to group up with me for Toilet Bound Hanako Kun,Blue period, Dress up darling, or Yona of the Dawn?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022 at 1:30 PM
  9. Balthasaurus

Balthasaurus Active Member

Yo, I'm actually reading Yona of the Dawn right now! I'm seventeen volumes in, though. I suspect that you're starting at the beginning?

10. Nemurin238

Nemurin238 New Member

Yes I am, I have watched the series and now wanting to read the manga. I will try my best to catch up to you since you are ahead of me

11. Balthasaurus

Oh, the manga is real great! The artwork is just gorgeous. Absolutely stunning. And the story is a lot of fun, too.

Once you start reading, do feel free to let me know what you think of it. I'll keep an eye on its forum thread. Always up for talking about it with someone.

12. Nemurin238

Nemurin238 New Member

Yes, I also love the character development and how strong the protagonist is no matter what situation she is in. I also heard that it is still on going and continuing which is amazing.

Balthasaurus likes this.
  13. I just saw that you were reading Haikyuu and I was also planning on reading it so I asked whether you'll want to group or not. I will catch up to you in no time.
    Edit : Caught Up :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022 at 12:10 AM
  14. But how does this work? Do we discuss in the specific manga thread while reading?

15. OkamiHime95

OkamiHime95 Well-Known Member

I'd join for Yona, but since I'm a slow reader due to being more focused on anime, it'll most likely take me a long time to be fully caught up. :sweat: Is that still alright with you guys? (I think I'm on volume 6 or 7.)

I've watched the anime as well, but I'd also love to chat about the manga. :)

Balthasaurus likes this.
  16. Balthasaurus

Yeah, yeah, feel free to join us! The more the merrier. Don't worry too much about being behind, I reckon that we'll all be reading at different paces anyway.

Heh, I think that all three of us have seen the anime, actually. For me, I thought that the anime was pretty good, but I got a feeling that the manga would be better. And, I think that I was right, the manga's artstyle is really something, the art is super beautiful and really works to the story moments stand out, in a way that the anime can't quite replicate.

I suppose we should probably move any further discussion of the series to the proper manga thread? Hope to see y'all there.

OkamiHime95 and Nemurin238 like this.
  17. OkamiHime95

OkamiHime95 Well-Known Member

Ah ok, great! ^_^ Thanks very much.

I agree. I wish they'd make more seasons of the anime, but at least the manga certainly makes up for it.

Yeah, sure. :)

Nemurin238 and Balthasaurus like this.
  18. Nemurin238

Nemurin238 New Member

Alright then :), I will start reading and meet you guys in the Yona of the Dawn manga thread. I will catch up till vol 7 since you guys are already ahead.

Balthasaurus likes this.