Fall 2019 Anime Challenge discussion thread

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by sothis, Sep 22, 2019.

1. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Sep 22, 2019
    [​IMG]

JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

Motivate yourself to watch anime in 2019 by joining Anime-Planet's Fall 2019 Anime Challenge. And discuss the challenge here! (please keep logistical questions to the feature requests/bugs forum)

To kick things off, reply with your challenge link, and what the first anime are that you plan to watch as part of the challenge!

Mayank and howtoprocrastinate like this.
  2. RedJack3t

RedJack3t Database Moderator

3. StarsMine

StarsMine Well-Known Member

Here to watch Phychopass s3 be somehow worse then s2. More MHA

the rest on my list to watch this fall... Im less hyped about.

howtoprocrastinate and Nicknames like this.
  4. Sabure

Sabure Well-Known Member

Posted by Sabure on Sep 22, 2019
    Here's my link

Radiant 2 and Chihayafuru 3 are high on my list. The rest depends on what's available for streaming.

5. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Sep 23, 2019
    howtoprocrastinate likes this.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2019
  7. Manthika

Manthika New Member

Looks like a good handful of isekai and iyashikei this fall, so I might actually enjoy myself...

I'm going to see if I can make pumpkin mochi haha

8. SuraimuSuu

SuraimuSuu Member

The Gundam Build Rise anime
    Also 667th message here. Can't leave it like earlier.

9. Fluffs

Fluffs Database Moderator

Posted by Fluffs on Sep 26, 2019
    Triginta and howtoprocrastinate like this.
  10. LordAinz

LordAinz Well-Known Member

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/LordAinz/challenges/fall-2019-anime-challenge

Really excited for MHA Season 4, and We Never Learn S2 should be ok. Hopefully there will be some hidden gems to fill out the season for me, but after the last few seasons I'm taking a more laid back approach to this season. I only want to get to level 1, and anything besides that is just a bonus, no forcing myself to watch weird/bad stuff just to fill the list. Fall 2019 is my "just have fun" season. That doesn't mean that I won't try a bunch of stuff out, I'm just not going to force myself to watch enough to fill all three levels if I can't find things I genuinely enjoy to get past level 1.

11. Gray404

Gray404 Member

So we have isekai, and a lot of sequel. HMM!

12. vambooboss

vambooboss New Member

can't wait for bnha's new season! but im just here for jojo honestly :p anyone know how to read the manga's on here btw? im new and have little to no clue how to use this site but im hyped for some anime/manga's!

13. vendetta041990

vendetta041990 Well-Known Member

I never watched any of the Chihayafuru series. Now with season 3 up, I might consider watching the series now. And Psycho Pass 2 just wasn't as good as the first season. Hopefully the 3rd season is up to par.

14. Feinraf

Feinraf Developer Gold Supporter

Here's my link

Watching quite a few this season so might end up falling behind.

Edit: just hit level 1 xD

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Nov 1, 2019
    Hi, I'm pretty sure that you can't read manga on anime - planet, just anime. :/

16. QueenSkull

QueenSkull Well-Known Member

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Dec 29, 2019
    Fluffs likes this.
  18. al2551

al2551 Member

So what happens when an OVA drops at the last second for specific shows that don't show for the Fall 19 challenge? For example, Funimation dropped a
    Strike Witches: 501st JOINT FIGHTER WING Take Off! OVA (Episode 13) that I cannot find a listing for and about 4 hours age also dropped
    Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle (Episode 12.5) that also cannot be accounted for. I just would like to know where they fit in?

Also, what happens with ongoing OVAs like the We Never Learn OVA or the That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime OVA? Do they count in the Fall 19 completion totals if you've watched all that's available? Do they carry over to the next challenge or do they just slip into the ether?

Inquiring minds want to know and if I missed a post explaining this, please just direct me to said post. TIA.

19. Grizz

Grizz Database Moderator

Posted by Grizz on Dec 30, 2019
    If something isn't listed in the DB, then you need to request it to be added in the correct location. https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/forums/community-database-submissions.157/
    Though the 12.5 Episode had an entry added eariler https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/phantasy-star-online-2-episode-oracle-xiaos-report
    And i think that OVA is the Movie, https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/strike-witches-501st-joint-fighter-wing-take-off-movie
    Read this https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/...ill-ongoing-series-count-when-it-ends.328697/

20. al2551

al2551 Member

Thanks for the assist on both counts! Happy New Year!