Extra Olympia Kyklos

Episode 11:

I love how the Spartan thing is turning into an actual story arc.

Is it weird I'd try the nasty Spartan soup? It sounds so foul that I just couldn't resist. Plus, anything that makes everyone projectile vomit rainbows for a good thirty seconds has to have some supernatural power.

If you've ever wondered why the vast majority of Sparta's population was slaves this episode explains it pretty well.

Episode 11:

I love how the Spartan thing is turning into an actual story arc.

Is it weird I'd try the nasty Spartan soup? It sounds so foul that I just couldn't resist. Plus, anything that makes everyone projectile vomit rainbows for a good thirty seconds has to have some supernatural power.

If you've ever wondered why the vast majority of Sparta's population was slaves this episode explains it pretty well.

Honestly this show is 100/10 now just for having some kind of plot. It reminds me of Sushi police getting a plot. I don't think it really gets more evil than cooking abuse with the spartans there, forget the terrible way their society treats their kids. That cooking abuse man, even I felt like gagging seeing that live action dish.

Speaking of rainbow vomit, obligatory gravity falls gif:
47ba56a78837f1b9125aa2b1b028279a.gif

Why did the mayor say "one more episode" at the end? Isn't this supposed to have 24 eps? Anyone knows?
According to MAL, there are suppose to be 24 episodes. https://myanimelist.net/anime/41266/Bessatsu_Olympia_Kyklos?q=Olympia
At least that's suppose to be the case, unless the anime industry is pulling the plug early on this anime. That would be really depressing honestly.

In regards to Episode 12:
Demetrios actually took advantage of the Spartans being very strict with their diets. On another note, I really want that Greek bread, it looks so good! If only Spartan food was bad enough to send one time traveling. The mayor getting facial reconstruction was pretty funny.

36Rc2.jpg

36Rc3.jpg

I guess even big bully Spartan boys need their hype men too.

36Rc4.jpg

So the mayor admits he's a credit-grabbing thief. The prick.

36Rc5.jpg

36Rc6.jpg

And that, kids, is how cancel culture was born.

Talk about saving the best for last. The Spartan arc's a doozy, makes me think about Leonidas, and makes me wonder how he would have fared if the guy he yelled his address to responded by putting a vase on his head and bawling obscenities right back in his face. "'This is Sparta?' THIS IS MY PAINTING! Hit me up if you need a commission done or something."

13:

Demetrius was being a SEXIST JERK, Women can't play sports pffft.......that's right Apollonia stick it to him! I want more serious women's sports anime for christ sake with buff ass girls.

Oh my god, when they went all old school anime art style, I was losing my shit at that. Flash backs to people getting hit with balls repeatedly.

Gayness and tackling discrimination against women? This show is more forward thinking and progressive than most anime.

Last edited:
Episode 13:
Ah yes, when old sports anime get referenced to, though in this case its one I haven't really seen. I liked how the episode was advocating women's sports. Which was much the case when Demetrius knew he screwed up with Apollonia. This anime is really trying to stand out in a positive way.

Episode 14:
Its actually pretty funny that the pentathlon was created by Demetrius after seeing the mayor getting destroyed by his wife. And yes, there was an old style game reference to the modern Olympics. This anime has me convinced that any sport can have a funny origin behind it.

Episode 17:
It probably was a nightmare going to sporting events back in ancient Greece. But now we have buses, capsule hotels and actual bathrooms. So there is no longer any need to using stones as toilet paper. Now that sounds like a nightmare to your ass.

Episode 18:
When Demetrios had to take a dish from the future timeline, I had a feeling it was going to be ramen. Hearing the older characters having foodgasms totally made my day. This episode is proof that ramen will always be an awesome comfort food.

Episode 19:
Then we have the match of the ages with the owl and dolphin duking it out for the mascot position. And Demetrius is pretty good at doing sand art, although he did draw some body horror. I think that was a reference to Scylla if my Greek mythology is correct. The credits song goes in as usual, with the stone statue penis touching. :laugh:

Episode 20:
I was legit laughing when the studio did a sped-up version of the opening. That and when the village elder got knocked out for talking too long. Nice to see the Spartans appearing in the story again. And then the ending has a half naked guy dancing to a fire song, so this anime is having a fun time.

Episode 24 and overall thoughts:
Demetrius narrowly stops a battle from happening, though I feel like instead of coming off as inspiring, he pretty much killed their mood. I figured Demetrius would get time warped before he kisses Apollia. And the look on Demetrius' face though when he finds the Tolympics in the present timeline. I can see another season happening when the author releases more material.

I will admit that the series is different compared to other anime in regards to the stop motion and comedic tone. But being different isn't always a bad thing, and I think I enjoyed the comedy a lot honestly.

Look at Netflix go, looks like the author of Olympia Kyklos is getting one of her work animated. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...medy-manga-gets-2021-anime-on-netflix/.165632
So overall, this anime felt like fun. 4/5.

Back